• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mormon Missionaries

nutshell

I'd like to see that quote. It may be because I said that maybe I am suffering from Satanic attack (which can be very real :( ) with all the people I am currently speaking to challenging my faith. I wrote that yesterday.

In response to my suggestion that your recent number of encounters with Mormons may be God placing signs before you, you said: "It could just be a Satanic attack on my faith."

If that's what you think then Satan isn't attacking you, he's already won.

DavyCrocket2003

Man I think that's a little harsh.

*Paul*, you know what? I have come to believe that you actually do care about us and want to help us. Thanks. Some people just seem to want to pick a fight. I guess some of us end up getting in fights without really meaning to.

So I guess you should continue to try and convert us since you really believe we are mislead. I don't mind. Just be careful about the way you present your veiws of God's Word. The same goes for us as well of course.

nutshell

I don't care what you think.

He described missionary work as a Satanic attack.

That's unacceptable. In the old days I wouldn't be surprised to see the missionaries shake the dust from their feet for such an assertion.

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
In response to my suggestion that your recent number of encounters with Mormons may be God placing signs before you, you said: "It could just be a Satanic attack on my faith."

Here is the quote in context:

You said:

Quote:
I hope you recognize the many signs God is placing before you and try to open your heart and mind when the time comes.

Then I said:

(1)It could be that (2)or it could be God wants to give me experience (3)or bring some to the knowledge of the truth.
(4)It could just be a Satanic attack on my faith. All I can do is trust God at this time and will to do His will,
I won't be unfriendly to these young men, I am very welcoming and hospitable, they are not walking in to a lions den where they are going to have scripture rammed down their throats, I'm not like that, but I will always counter attack attacks on my faith and explain why I believe what I do.
http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52863&page=3
I gave four possibilites, the first of which agreed with the possibility of what you wrote but because I mention Satan in the same breath as mormonism you either see an opportunity to try to manipulate my words to make me look bad or you are so defensive that you can't see what I write, your mind is closed off from the possibility that I might be sincere and not a foaming anti mormon.

Don't judge by appearances but judge righteous judgement.

nutshell

Here is the quote in context:

You said:

Then I said:

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52863&page=3
I gave four possibilites, the first of which agreed with the possibility of what you wrote but because I mention Satan in the same breath as mormonism you either see an opportunity to try to manipulate my words to make me look bad or you are so defensive that you can't see what I write, your mind is closed off from the possibility that I might be sincere and not a foaming anti mormon.

Don't judge by appearances but judge righteous judgement.

But here's the kicker - I don't think you're a foaming anti mormon. I think you're a Christian Fundie who sincerely believes mormon missionaries represent a Satanic attack.

*Paul*

Jesus loves you

*Paul*, you know what? I have come to believe that you actually do care about us and want to help us. Thanks. Some people just seem to want to pick a fight. I guess some of us end up getting in fights without really meaning to.

So I guess you should continue to try and convert us since you really believe we are mislead. I don't mind. Just be careful about the way you present your veiws of God's Word. The same goes for us as well of course.

I'm glad you don't have the scales of prejudice on your eyes my friend.
GIve me any passage to read and i'l lread it, give me the best reasons why you believe what you do is true and I will listen, I did so with my one of my bosses who is LDS and an "ex christian" and I never challenged her beliefs at all, all i told her was that I was an evangelical born again Christian. Prejudice only harms oneself and can prevent you from being open to the truth should you by some unfortunate set of circumstances be missing out on it.

Any way I ramble, frubals for the kindness.

Truth_Faith13

I'm glad you don't have the scales of prejudice on your eyes my friend.
GIve me any passage to read and i'l lread it, give me the best reasons why you believe what you do is true and I will listen, I did so with my one of my bosses who is LDS and an "ex christian" and I never challenged her beliefs at all, all i told her was that I was an evangelical born again Christian. Prejudice only harms oneself and can prevent you from being open to the truth should you by some unfortunate set of circumstances be missing out on it.

Any way I ramble, frubals for the kindness.

Hehe - that makes me laugh everytime I read it! "LDS and a "ex christian" " :)

Draka

Wonder Woman
Idea taken from the thread in the Protestant DIR labeled "Mormon Missionaries". Many people, no doubt, have been visited by the LDS Missionaries a time or two in their lifetimes. The LDS missionaries are out in the world to try to show other people the truth that we believe that we have. We are not there to call you religion 'evil', 'satanic' or to tell you that you are wrong. We believe we have the higher truth -- the Gospel of Jesus Christ and we want to share it with you.

There is a short article found at wikipedia (here), that explains a bit more about missions. Since I have never been on one, I hope that the returned missionaries on this forum will be able to enlighten the rest of RF about what goes on during a mission.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. :)

I've invited Mormon missionaries into my home on several occassions. Pretty much every time they come by unless it's just a really bad time. I was actually disappointed to have missed them once when they came by because I was changing a diaper and by the time I got to the door they were riding their bikes away. Always such pleasant and informative conversations. I've never had one tell me anything bad about my beliefs and they have always shown an earnest interest in my beliefs and practices and comparison between the two religions.

Truly, I can see why there are so many converts to the LDS church. Anyone that is unsure as to their beliefs or are questioning faith in general are not met by stern preaching and quoting of the Bible, but by pleasant spiritual discussion. You guys definitely got the whole "more flies with honey than with vinager" thing down to an art. Sharing ideas and beliefs and feelings reaches so much further towards the heart than does preaching and scripture quoting.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic

--------------------------------------MOD POST------------------------------

This is A Latter-Day Saint DIR Forum Not a Debate Forum
You may only ask respectful questions not Debate
Please take care to remain witin forum rules