• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movies You've Seen Recently

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Michael and I went to see Unstoppable this weekend and it was really good - surprisingly artistic. It definitely evoked the mood and ambience of the industrial northeast, and brought the whole subculture of the railways to life. I always like a movie that introduces me to a subculture.

Denzel Washington was good - as usual - and the action was non stop. Good plot, based on a true story, and decent character development as well.

Worth the money.

We also watched "New Orleans Animal Rescue" (from Netflix) which is a documentary about the animal rescue efforts after Katrina. If you are an animal lover, you'll enjoy the movie. It didn't dwell on the sadness of all the displaced pets, though it did give disturbing figures. The movie focused on the positives of re united pets and owners, pet adoption, altruism, and the sweet nature of dogs and cats for the most part.

sunsplash

Freckled
Karate Kid - the new one

As someone who hates remakes and is so protective over originals that I love, I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the movie. Sure Jaden Smith was trying a little too hard to mimick his dad's comedy and maneurisms, but I think as he matures that his acting will too, and maybe he'll find his own footing as well. It was cute and I was not offended or disappointed at the end as I often am with remakes/retellings.

Nerthus

Wanderlust
I watched two Christmas films yesterday - I'll be home for Christmas, and Christmas Do-Over.

I love the silly films this time of year.