• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movies You've Seen Recently

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date

Alceste

Vagabond
We just saw The Room. It was truly amazing. Perhaps the greatest cinematic event in film history.

[youtube]mQ4KzClb1C4[/youtube]

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Yesterday I watched "Kolya." It was very interesting, especially if you have a fascination, as I do, with the fall of the Soviet Union - and especially (as I do) the Czech people's "velvet revolution."

It won an Academy Award in 1997 for Best Foreign Language Film.

Franta Louka is a concert cellist in Soviet-occupied Czechoslovakia, a confirmed bachelor and a lady's man. Having lost his place in the state orchestra, he must make ends meet by playing at funerals and painting tombstones. But he has run up a large debt, and when his friend, the grave-digger Mr. Broz, suggests a scheme for making a lot of money by marrying a Russian woman so that she can get her Czech papers, he reluctantly agrees. She takes advantage of the situation to emigrate to West Germany, to her lover; and leaves her five-year-old son with his grandmother; when the grandmother dies, Kolya must come and live with his stepfather - Louka.
Kolya (1996) - Awards

The story itself was also very poignant and the little boy who played Kolya was an excellent actor.

Venatoris

Remember Me (2010)

If you want to experience the full emotional impact of this understated and yet beautiful film, resist temptation and DO NOT READ THE FULL SYNOPSIS of the movie. You'll thank me for that later!

I've been sitting on this movie for a couple months because my sister wanted to watch it. Twilight makes any Robert Pattinson movie worth watching for her but if it's that good I might finally watch it.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Resident Evil Afterlife: This is my favorite in the series so far. I only wish they would have casted different people for Wesker and Chris. Preferably Hugo Weaving and Vin Diesel respectively. I know Vin Diesel doesn't quite have the same skin tone, but I think he would have been great for the part. And Hugo Weaving made as awesome Agent Smith, and the character of Wesker wouldn't have been that much different.
Dante's Inferno: I thought it was pretty good. Some parts where very similar to the game, and some parts where very different. I think I'd prefer the game over the movie though. The actual poem over both of them, but the game is fun. And very disturbing at times.

Herr Heinrich

Student of Mythology
I finally saw Bruno last night. Es war fantastisch! Seriously though it does bring up some interesting social problems and it gives an interesting perspective of Americans.

Smoke

Done here.
dogyear.jpg

Year of the Dog.

Peggy's dog dies. She goes mad.

Good flick.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Never back down, Stop the Yard, and Step Up 2: The Streets
Puts me into the mood to dance.(the last 2)
Needed to edit myself I know I got something wrong.

Last edited:

Smoke

Done here.
Last night I watched Because of Winn Dixie and Get Smart.

I liked them both, but the former more than the latter.

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
The Good, the Bad, the Weird is a jaw droppingly entertaining Korean action comedy. I do love me some Kim Kim Ji-woon though.
[youtube]OzNnCK5cd8Q[/youtube]