• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Movies You've Seen Recently

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
I recently saw the following:
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas
The Memory Thief
Night At the Museum (2)
UP
Secret of Moonacre
Drag Me to Hell
Land of the Lost

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas depressed the hell out of me.

I recently saw "Downfall" - the story of the last days in Hitler's bunker, as told by one of his secretaries. Very interesting and very well done.

The Germans have put out some good movies lately.

Watchmen

Premium Member
Since I last posted:

Rachel Getting Married
The Reader
Revolutionary Road
Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
Saw Chocolate again, so I had to change my avatar to Yanin Vismistananda kicking butt.
Visioneers- Dark comedy with Zack Galifianakis.
Southland Tales- Oh Richard Kelly... what happened?
Watched Spider and Eastern Promises again 'cause I was in a Cronenberg mood.
And I watched the MST3K movie. Hadn't seen it in ages.

So, here's Yanin in action. My favorite moves are at the .52 through 1.06 marks and 1.45 through 2.0. She's amazing: Yanin Jeeja Vismitananda
...and the fight at the end with the capoeira moves is amazing.

I am beyond excited for Wes Anderson's latest film The Fantastic Mister Fox. Can't wait!

cardero

Citizen Mod
RF member RalphC. visitied and we threw out our regularly scheduled programming in favor of paying our respects to the memory of John Hughes and other 80's directors by watching a trio of our favorite 80's movies.
It was difficult boiling them down to just three choices but we decided to watch Tuff Turf, (thats the movie in which James Spader wasn't a p**** and Kim Richards was smokin').
Some Kind Of Wonderful (John Hughes produced, Howard Deutch directed) with Lea Thompson and Mary Stuart Masterson and Eric Stolz.
The Savage Steve Holland vehicle Better Off Dead (I Want My Two Dollars!) featured a youthful John Cusack and Diane Franklin.

We learned a lot of things watching those movies. We learned that after more than 20 years these movies still hold up but more importantly we learned:

If you were poor, you probably only lived with a father figure and preferred no one knew where you lived.

If you were rich enough to afford two parents, you couldn’t pay them enough to stay in touch with your life.

If you want to lose your virginity in the 80’s, be prepared to spend over $5,000.

If you are trying to get with the popular girl, what better way to guilt her status then by capturing her soul in a painting or song (I have proven this method).

In the 80’s, women were property.

What better way to express your rebellion than to proudly display Cabaret Voltaire and Sigue Sigue Sputnik posters.

Your best friend was always a lesbian drummer.

Your favorite Disney movie was probably Lady and The Tramp.

If you are thinking about being a High Schooler, be prepared to look like you’re in your mid 20’s.

I still can’t tell the difference between Eric Stolz and Andrew McCarthy.

T.V. dinners really do make great holiday gifts.

You can't enjoy a victory without a hard-earned montage.

Last edited:

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
Watched 3:10 to Yuma for the second time. One of the few Russell Crowe performances I really liked.
Saw Ugetsu monogatari again- saw it a long time ago and loved it but couldn't find the Criterion edition. One of the best films ever made.
And Carnival of Souls. I forgot just how effective and creepy it is.

You can thank me if you like.

In the continued vein of extremely bad SF movies, I can't help but recommend "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians". :p

Thank you rojse :p

I seen it, they used to put it on TV here around Xmas every year when I was a child. I think the first 3 years it confused the hell out of me.

I do have 'THEM!' on dvd though excellent bad sci fi movie

Nothomyrmecia.gif