• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslims: difference between Nabi & Resul

.lava

Veteran Member
Allah said so because in Arabic, it would be a very weak argument if you are repeating yourself and going in circles. Nabi is a prophet; a man whom Allah communicated with either with direct revelation, orally, or even by inspiration. On the other hand, when this nabi is commanded by God to spread the MESSAGE to people, then he will become a Rasul "MESSENGER" but not just a Nabi "Prophet".

there are many repetitions in Qur'an. none of them are weak. Nabis are Prophets and they all commanded to spread the word and invite people to the religion of Allah. there was no Prophet without that duty. otherwise no point of being one. Nabis are naturally messengers of Allah. they ddinot have freewill. Allah Almighty make them speak.

Rasuls arenot Nabis. Rasuls arenot Prophets. they are messengers of Allah Almighty. the highest one is the Imam of the Age. he doesnot have freewill either.

Today?
Do you mean we have prophets today and God already announced them?

i actually mean exactly what i said and i never said there are Prophets today. there would not be any Prophets anymore other than Jesus (PBUH). Makaam of Nubuvvet is sealed. all Nabis are makaam of Nubuvvet.

So are you saying now that there are prophets after prophet Mohammed and MOST of the Muslims rejected them JUST because they are confused about this concept, seriously?

there is nothing confusing in Qur'an. i brought verses related. you bring verses if you can but you couldnot.

Can you please name some of them in my area? Or even in yours?

can you name one Prophet in the past who spoke Chinese? or Russian? or English?

.lava

Veteran Member
Dear sister lava..

Your are not a Quranic indeed, since you believe in the ahadeeth...But it's weird you still agree with some of their concepts, that are acknowledged by muslim scholars to be invalid..

I wanna know exactly please, what source of information do you follow in learning about islam :)

Thanks

you and i, dear EiNsTeiN, can talk about Qur'an. it is the source we -both- have. it is unchangable. it is word of Allah. so there are no doubts in it.

neves

You will have to excuse me… I am not understanding exactly what you are trying to get across here… but I think your main point is that there are lots of Rasols who came after Muhammad (saaw) … okay let me ask a you a very simple question… can you give some examples…? Maybe that will clear things up…

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
I didnt find anything that mentions this Imam is a messenger :confused:
The site is talking about a foundation he established, but nothing about his messengerhood

neves

Either you are confused lava or I am confused… all Muslims are in a part messengers of Allah because there will be no more direct revelation from Allah through the angel Jibreel…so it is the duty of every Muslim to spread the message of Islam to the world (in all languages) using the Quran and the life example of Muhammad (saaw)… but this does not mean that we Muslims are directly given revelation from Allah… so there are no more Rasols in that sense… but there is one who will return and his name is Isa Ibn Maryam…

.lava

Veteran Member
Either you are confused lava or I am confused… all Muslims are in a part messengers of Allah because there will be no more direct revelation from Allah through the angel Jibreel…so it is the duty of every Muslim to spread the message of Islam to the world (in all languages) using the Quran and the life example of Muhammad (saaw)… but this does not mean that we Muslims are directly given revelation from Allah… so there are no more Rasols in that sense… but there is one who will return and his name is Isa Ibn Maryam…

come with verses of Qur'an please

neves

Which part are you finding hard to comprehend...? and for which part do you want verses of the Quran for…? let me start some where at least...

Note: 10 verses from the Quran under chapter Al-E-Imran

“Say: O Allah! Owner of Sovereignty! Thou givest sovereignty unto whom Thou wilt, and Thou withdrawest sovereignty from whom Thou wilt. Thou exaltest whom Thou wilt, and Thou abasest whom Thou wilt. In Thy hand is the good. Lo! Thou art Able to do all things. (26) Thou causest the night to pass into the day, and Thou causest the day to pass into the night. And Thou bringest forth the living from the dead, and Thou bringest forth the dead from the living. And Thou givest sustenance to whom Thou choosest, without stint. (27) Let not the believers take disbelievers for their friends in preference to believers. Whoso doeth that hath no connection with Allah unless (it be) that ye but guard yourselves against them, taking (as it were) security. Allah biddeth you beware (only) of Himself. Unto Allah is the journeying. (28) Say, (O Muhammad): Whether ye hide that which is in your breasts or reveal it, Allah knoweth it. He knoweth that which is in the heavens and that which is in the earth, and Allah is Able to do all things. (29) On the Day when every soul will find itself confronted with all that it hath done of good and all that it hath done of evil (every soul) will long that there might be a mighty space of distance between it and that (evil). Allah biddeth you beware of Him. And Allah is Full of Pity for (His) bondmen. (30) Say, (O Muhammad, to mankind): If ye love Allah, follow me; Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. (31) Say: Obey Allah and the messenger. But if they turn away, lo! Allah loveth not the disbelievers (in His guidance). (32) Lo! Allah preferred Adam and Noah and the Family of Abraham and the Family of 'Imran above (all His) creatures. (33) They were descendants one of another. Allah is Hearer, Knower. (34) (Remember) when the wife of 'Imran said: My Lord! I have vowed unto Thee that which is in my belly as a consecrated (offering). Accept it from me. Lo! Thou, only Thou, art the Hearer, the Knower! (35) And when she was delivered she said: My Lord! Lo! I am delivered of a female - Allah knew best of what she was delivered - the male is not as the female; and lo! I have named her Mary, and lo! I crave Thy protection for her and for her offspring from Satan the outcast. (36)”

It is quite clear in this verse that the best guidance is from the Prophet Muhammad himself, and what better then what has come directly from his mouth…

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) delivered this sermon on the 9 Dhul-Hijjah 10 a.h. in the valley of Mount `Arafat, during his final Hajj, known as the Farewell Hajj. The contents of the message were collected from different narrations, and there are other parts of it that are not mentioned here. After praising, and thanking Allah, he said:

O people, lend me an attentive ear, for I know not whether, after this year, I will ever be among you again. Therefore, listen to what I am saying to you very carefully and take these words to those who could not be present today.

O people, just as you regard this month, this day, this city as sacred, so regard the life and property of every Muslim as a sacred trust. Return the goods entrusted to you to their rightful owners. Hurt no one so that no one may hurt you. Remember that you will indeed meet your Lord, and that He will indeed reckon your deeds. Allah has forbidden you to take interest; therefore, all interest obligations shall henceforth be waived. Your capital, however, is yours to keep. You will neither inflict nor suffer inequity. Allah has judged that there shall be no interest and that all interest due to al-`Abbas ibn `Abdul-Muttalib shall henceforth be waived.

Every right arising out of homicide in pre-Islamic days is henceforth waived, and the first such right I waive is that arising from the murder of Rabi`ah ibn Al-Harith [a relative of the Prophet]. O mankind, the unbelievers indulge in tampering with the calendar in order to make permissible that which Allah forbade, and to forbid that which Allah has made permissible. With Allah the months are twelve; four of them are holy; three of these (holy months) are successive and one occurs singly between the months of Jumadah and Sha`ban.

O people, beware of Satan, for the safety of your religion. He has lost all hope that he will ever be able to lead you astray in big things, so beware of following him in small things.

O people, it is true that you have certain rights with regard to your women, but they also have rights over you. If they abide by your right then to them belongs the right to be fed and clothed in kindness. Treat your women well and be kind to them, for they are your partners and committed helpers. And it is your right that they do not make friends with anyone of whom you do not approve, as well as never commit adultery.

O people, listen to me in earnest. Worship Allah, say your five daily prayers, fast during the month of Ramadan, and give the share of Zakah in your wealth. Perform Hajj if you can afford to. All mankind is from Adam and Eve. An Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab, nor does a non-Arab have any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over a black, nor does a black have any superiority over a white except by piety and good action. Learn that every Muslim is the brother of another Muslim and that Muslims constitute one brotherhood. Nothing shall be legitimate to a Muslim that belongs to a fellow Muslim unless it was given freely and willingly. Do not, therefore, do injustice to yourselves.

Remember, one day you will appear before Allah and answer for your deeds. So beware, do not stray from the path of righteousness after I am gone.

O people, no prophet or messenger will come after me, and no new faith will be born. Reason well, therefore, O people, and understand my words that I convey to you. I leave behind me two things, the Qur'an and my example, the Sunnah, and if you follow these you will never go astray.

All those who listen to me shall pass on my words to others, and those to others again; and may the last ones understand my words better than those who listen to me directly. Be my witness, O Allah, that I have conveyed Your message to Your people.

Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

This final sermon from the Prophet Muhammad was taken from many who attended the final Hajj of Muhammad (saaw) and it is based on many source in order to prove its authenticity…

there is nothing blurred about what Muhammad (saaw) said about this matter…I rather rely on Allah and his Rasol rather than in any “ spiritual guides”…

.lava

Veteran Member
Say, (O Muhammad, to mankind): If ye love Allah, follow me; Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. (31)

follow Muhammed (PBUH) is to follow Qur'an becasue he was Qur'an. we donot disagree with that. yet this verse has nothing to do with the Rasol concept.

O people, no prophet or messenger will come after me,
he never said such a thing and also any text could be changed by people other than Qur'an. therefor i say "come with verses"

17:15 Who receiveth guidance, receiveth it for his own benefit: who goeth astray doth so to his own loss: no bearer of burdens can bear the burden of another: nor would We visit with Our Wrath until We had sent a Messenger (to give warning

so according to your idea, whoever was born after Habibullah left would go to heaven. because they did not have any messengers.

read this:

39 / AZ – ZUMAR – 71: Vesîkallezîne keferû ilâ cehenneme zumerâ(zumeren), hattâ izâ câuhâ futihat ebvâbuhâ, ve kâle lehum hazenetuhâ e lem ye'tikum rusulun minkum yetlûne aleykum âyâti Rabbikum ve yunzirûnekum likâe yevmikum hâzâ, kâlû belâ ve lâkin hakkat kelimetul azâbi alel kâfirîn(kâfirîne).
The QAFIRS (the blasphemous ones) will be driven to Hell in groups till, when they reach it, the gates thereof will be opened. And its keepers will say: “Did not the Messengers come to you from among yourselves, reciting (reading and explaining) to you the Verses of your Lord, and warning you of the Meeting of this Day of yours?” They will say: “Yes, they did. But the Word of torment (Decree of Chastisement) has been justified against QAFIRS (the blasphemous ones).”

these are verse from Qur'an. but you disagree. noone could be punished if society didnot meet a messenger of Allah. Allah Almighty is not cruel.

(Quoted)
If the Prophet Muhammed Mustafa (PBUH) is the last Messenger, then who is the Messenger in Furkan Surah 30?

25 / AL-FURQÂN - 30: Ve kâler resûlu yâ Rabbi inne kavmît tehazû hâzel Qur’ane mehcûrâ(mehcûren).
And the Messenger said: "O my Lord! My people (tribe) deserted this Qur'an.”

Now who among these people can say: “The Messenger mentioned here is the Prophet Muhammed Mustafa (PBUH)?” In the Prophet Muhammed Mustafa’s (PBUH) time, his people did not leave the Qur’ân but depended on the whole of the Qur’an.

neves

Note: 10 verses from the chapter named Al-Furqan

“A day when the heaven with the clouds will be rent asunder and the angels will be sent down, a grand descent. (25) The Sovereignty on that day will be the True (Sovereignty) belonging to the Beneficent One, and it will be a hard day for disbelievers. (26) On the day when the wrong-doer gnaweth his hands, he will say: Ah, would that I had chosen a way together with the messenger (of Allah)! (27) Alas for me! Ah, would that I had never taken such an one for friend! (28) He verily led me astray from the Reminder after it had reached me. Satan was ever man's deserter in the hour of need. (29) And the messenger saith: O my Lord! Lo! mine own folk make this Qur'an of no account. (30) Even so have We appointed unto every prophet an opponent from among the guilty; but Allah sufficeth for a Guide and Helper. (31) And those who disbelieve say: Why is the Qur'an not revealed unto him all at once? (It is revealed) thus that We may strengthen thy heart therewith; and We have arranged it in right order. (32) And they bring thee no similitude but We bring thee the Truth (as against it), and better (than their similitude) as argument. (33) Those who will be gathered on their faces unto Hell: such are worse in plight and further from the right road. (34) We verily gave Moses the Scripture and placed with him his brother Aaron as minister. (35)“

A good way to confuse yourself would be to look at one verse from the Quran and block out the rest… as you can clearly see it is talking about what the messenger, Muhammed (saaw), will say on Judgment day… that does not support what you are claiming in the least…

And of course Allah is not cruel… that is why he gave us this promise…

Note: 10 verses from the chapter named Al-Hijr

“Never did We destroy a population that had not a term decreed and assigned beforehand. (4) Neither can a people anticipate its Term, nor delay it. (5) They say: "O thou to whom the Message is being revealed! Truly thou art mad (or possessed)! (6) "Why bringest thou not angels to us if it be that thou hast the Truth?" (7) We send not the angels down except for just cause: if they came (to the ungodly), behold! no respite would they have! (8) We have, without doubt sent down the Message; and We will assuredly guard it (from corruption). (9) We did send messengers before thee amongst the religious sects of old: (10) But never came an messenger to them but they mocked him. (11) Even so do We let it creep into the hearts of the sinners― (12) That they should not believe in the (Message); but the ways of the ancients have passed away. (13) Even if We opened out to them a gate from heaven, and they were to continue (all day) ascending therein, (14) “

Mujahid Mohammed

come with verses of Qur'an please
Surah Ahzab 33:40 Muhammed is not the father of any of your men, but (he is) the Messenger of Allah, and the Seal of the Prophets and Allah is ever Aware of all things.

He is the seal and the last of Prophethood. this is something that is understood and in many hadith of the Messenger pbuh. Read the tafsir of this ayat and it will be clear.

The same way when Allah said He sealed their hearts. If their hearts are sealed can you get in them. If the line of Prophethood is sealed can there be anymore like him coming after him?

.lava

Veteran Member
Surah Ahzab 33:40 Muhammed is not the father of any of your men, but (he is) the Messenger of Allah, and the Seal of the Prophets and Allah is ever Aware of all things.

He is the seal and the last of Prophethood. this is something that is understood and in many hadith of the Messenger pbuh. Read the tafsir of this ayat and it will be clear.

The same way when Allah said He sealed their hearts. If their hearts are sealed can you get in them. If the line of Prophethood is sealed can there be anymore like him coming after him?

that's the point i am trying to make. Muhammed (PBUH) was the last prophet but he was not the last messenger. this ayat you give shows it clearly. Allah doesnot say last messenger, Allah says he is the seal of Nabi.

Rasol -as a word- means messenger, it doesnot mean Prophet. but prophets are Rasols.

.lava

Veteran Member
“A day when the heaven with the clouds will be rent asunder and the angels will be sent down, a grand descent. (25) The Sovereignty on that day will be the True (Sovereignty) belonging to the Beneficent One, and it will be a hard day for disbelievers. (26) On the day when the wrong-doer gnaweth his hands, he will say: Ah, would that I had chosen a way together with the messenger (of Allah)! (27) Alas for me! Ah, would that I had never taken such an one for friend! (28) He verily led me astray from the Reminder after it had reached me. Satan was ever man's deserter in the hour of need. (29) And the messenger saith: O my Lord! Lo! mine own folk make this Qur'an of no account. (30)

my dear friend, the verse says: "A WAY TOGETHER WITH THE MESSENGER"
you're asuming the messenger in these verses points Muhammed (PBUH)
if you pay attention to this expression i repeated above, you'd see i am telling the truth. that proves you wrong.
how a person who's living today could possibly chose a way TOGETHER with the messenger of Allah if this messenger was supposed to be Muhammed (PBUH)? it has to be someone who is alive here and today so one can chose a way together with him. together!

i amnot confused at all. there are some other verses i sent above in the older posts of mine. they all shows the one fact. i can say it over and over again. because it is Qur'an.

Note: 10 verses from the chapter named Al-Hijr

“Never did We destroy a population that had not a term decreed and assigned beforehand. (4) Neither can a people anticipate its Term, nor delay it. (5) They say: "O thou to whom the Message is being revealed! Truly thou art mad (or possessed)! (6) "Why bringest thou not angels to us if it be that thou hast the Truth?" (7) We send not the angels down except for just cause: if they came (to the ungodly), behold! no respite would they have! (8) We have, without doubt sent down the Message; and We will assuredly guard it (from corruption). (9) We did send messengers before thee amongst the religious sects of old: (10) But never came an messenger to them but they mocked him. (11) Even so do We let it creep into the hearts of the sinners― (12) That they should not believe in the (Message); but the ways of the ancients have passed away. (13) Even if We opened out to them a gate from heaven, and they were to continue (all day) ascending therein, (14) “

why did you make that quote?

neves

Okay… under whose authority are you claiming these innovative ideas from…? Is it your own…? Who can I believe…? The tafsir of the people who were alive when the Quran was revealed, or the tafsir of lava?

.lava

Veteran Member
Okay… under whose authority are you claiming these innovative ideas from…? Is it your own…? Who can I believe…? The tafsir of the people who were alive when the Quran was revealed, or the tafsir of lava?

you have your intellect to use. i have mine. your sight wouldnot be my gain or lose.
i am, only as a friend, talking to you. i am giving verses related. they are clear. no mistake.

as a human being, it is your responsibility to consider. imo you must think over verses. because society follows not Qur'an.the most follow commentaries and some thinkers of Islam. i care for verses of Noble Qur'an. not for what people say. i advice you the same.

what i said above is not tafsir. it is Qur'an itself. simple meaning one on one.

todays teachers teaching what they know but they knew it wrong. unfortunately they are pulling people to hell with them. so messengers of Allah try to stop it. i am just a student. yet i have no doubts.

i didnot mean to bother you. sorry if i did. but after life takes an eternity. so take your own responsibility because you'd be on your own. noone my friend, only you will be responsible of your understanding at the end. this is serious.

ps: there are verses that needs explanation. theses are not one of them. they are simple. if i said "i am together with neves" what would you understand?this is simple. when it comes to Qur'an it is word of Allah. why would Allah say such a think? what kind of tafsir would you need about that? sorry, but i can't understand why you deny this. all those verses together points one thing out. there are messengers.

neves

I can see now that there is no basis to what you claim other then your own personal interpretation of the Quran... that is all I really needed to know... peace friend...

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
lava...normal people like us dont usually interpret Quran by themselves...
We need scholars, and scientists, and people with more knowledge to do so
And for the interpretion to be approved as valid, most of the scholars must agree on it (Igmaa')
And this is a whole big science, you cant just neglect it and start interpreting the Quran yourself!

And if you are worried about they (scholars) pulling us towards Hell, then dont!
Cuz they take all the responsibitly of what they say, and we just FOLLOW them...They take all the responsibility....Thats why not anyone can become a scholar, only those who are aknowledged to have enough knowledge and wisdom...

I just disagree with people throughing away SCIENCE and start their own, just cuz they disagreed with one of the issues...You gotta know that these scholars are way more knowing than you and me, and we totally have no right to judge their interpretation, unless if you acquired the same knowledge...

Salam

.lava

Veteran Member
lava...normal people like us dont usually interpret Quran by themselves...
We need scholars, and scientists, and people with more knowledge to do so
And for the interpretion to be approved as valid, most of the scholars must agree on it (Igmaa')
And this is a whole big science, you cant just neglect it and start interpreting the Quran yourself!

And if you are worried about they (scholars) pulling us towards Hell, then dont!
Cuz they take all the responsibitly of what they say, and we just FOLLOW them...They take all the responsibility....Thats why not anyone can become a scholar, only those who are aknowledged to have enough knowledge and wisdom...

I just disagree with people throughing away SCIENCE and start their own, just cuz they disagreed with one of the issues...You gotta know that these scholars are way more knowing than you and me, and we totally have no right to judge their interpretation, unless if you acquired the same knowledge...

Salam

i am not alone at all. i have my Murshid who were given Risalet by Allah Almighty.
each person needs to find guide. but that guide has to be chosen by Allah. teachers who accepted by society was explained in these verses of Qur'an. they prevent people from the right path.

18 / AL-KAHF – 103: Say: “Shall we inform you of the greatest losers in (their) deeds?

18 / AL-KAHF – 104: (These are) they whose labor is lost in this world’s life, and they thought they were doing good.

18 / AL-KAHF - 105: They are those who concealed (denied) the Verses of their Lord and reaching Him (Allah) (making the spirit reach Allah in this life), and their improving acts were all in vain. No weight will be assigned to them (on the Day of Judgment1).

these verses below is about innocent society who followed them:

33 / AL AHZÂB - 67: And those who are in Hell say: ‘O Lord! We surely obeyed the SADAT (the religious leaders of the era) and KUBERRA (the people in power), and we went out of the path leading to You (SIRATI MUSTAKIYM).

33 / AL AHZÂB - 68: ‘Our Lord! Give them double chastisement and curse them with a very great Curse!’

you can request Allah for your Murshida and Allah would show you if you are sincere about your wish. that would be the right guide which means someone who's chosen by Allah. to go religious school isnot worhty cos they donot learn basics of Islam, they learn what some leaders thought about Islam.

i am only saying.
you do as you wish.

bless you my friend

.lava

Veteran Member
I can see now that there is no basis to what you claim other then your own personal interpretation of the Quran... that is all I really needed to know... peace friend...

no, there is nothing personal here.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
i am not alone at all. i have my Murshid who were given Risalet by Allah Almighty.

How do we verify whether he really got this Risalet or not?

Did Allah talked to him directly or at least sent to him an angel?