• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muslims: difference between Nabi & Resul

.lava

Veteran Member
How do we verify whether he really got this Risalet or not?

Did Allah talked to him directly or at least sent to him an angel?

as a Muslim you know it better than anyone that you can't share the proof.

i am not asking people to join me or accept my Murshid as theirs. there is a certain salaat for that. with that salaat people request to know who their Murshid is. Allah gives the answer. people see their murshid in a dream. most of my sisters and brothers found their guide like this. to see a complete stranger in your dream then to be found by him leaves no doubts in your mind. that's what i could advise. that salaat. by that you'd have your proof.

yes, he can talk to Allah and he can hear what Allah says. because his ears are open and his "eye of heart" is able to see. he doesnot have free will. but as i tried to say before, maybe he is not supposed to be your Murshid. Allah makes that choice for you. but without request there may not be an answer.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member

i am not asking people to join me or accept my Murshid as theirs. there is a certain salaat for that. with that salaat people request to know who their Murshid is. Allah gives the answer. people see their murshid in a dream. most of my sisters and brothers found their guide like this. to see a complete stranger in your dream then to be found by him leaves no doubts in your mind. that's what i could advise. that salaat. by that you'd have your proof.

yes, he can talk to Allah and he can hear what Allah says. because his ears are open and his "eye of heart" is able to see. he doesnot have free will. but as i tried to say before, maybe he is not supposed to be your Murshid. Allah makes that choice for you. but without request there may not be an answer.

So, there must be a Murshid for each one of us?

Can't be there one for all of us *as a group*?

Does Allah appoint the Murshid to each one of us or the Murshid will *choose* to come to our dream?

Also, i'm interested to hear your thoughts about this part:

What do you mean by this?

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!

Wow....You are saying very new stuff, I have never heard before!

I dont get this Murshid thing...is he a person, or a sign from God, or what exactly?
And does everyone has his own murshid?

And how do I know whether this murshid isn't a fake one?

Salam

.lava

Veteran Member
So, there must be a Murshid for each one of us?

Can't be there one for all of us *as a group*?

Does Allah appoint the Murshid to each one of us or the Murshid will *choose* to come to our dream?

Also, i'm interested to hear your thoughts about this part:
What do you mean by this?

all Murshids are related and they all related to Imam of the age. Imam of the age is for all of us. so if you meet your Murshid, he would be related to Imam of the age at least in Spirit.

Allah Almighty appoints Murshid. a Murshid might have many students.

what i tried to say above is like you cannot give proof of God to an atheist. you have faith and you can express that in one sentnce but even if you wrote a book with 600 pages, that wouldnot be enough to make people know what you know.

i am sure about the Imam of the age and Murshids. but i can't find a way to make people see. only if they pay attention as i did years ago, then they would see it themselves and that's how it works. i think it is about being individual with free wills. otherwise that would be so easy, it would be very easy for Allah Almighty to write the truth in the air with clouds everyday but it doesnot do that. because Allah Almight gave us intellect to use and we must use it.

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
Look, we are not judging what you believe in here...but we seek knowledge..

So, a simple question, is their any prove from the Quran or Sunna for this murshid thing?

And, in the middle east, I bet no one ever heard about this!...So, maybe where you live, this is like a tradition rather than a religion principale...

(Were you converted to Islam?)

Salam :)

.lava

Veteran Member
Look, we are not judging what you believe in here...but we seek knowledge. So, a simple question, is their any prove from the Quran or Sunna for this murshid thing? And, in the middle east, I bet no one ever heard about this!...So, maybe where you live, this is like a tradition rather than a religion principale...(Were you converted to Islam?)
Salam :)

International MIHR Foundation

.lava

Veteran Member
Sorry… all I see is some guy with some random Ideas that he expresses with out any evidence or basis… There isn’t even an author’s name on that piece… if you use this kind of info; you’re looking to be misguided... and who is Iskender Ali Mihr...?

hi Neves, did you read it?

this is one of the speech of Imam Iskender Ali Mihr. he explains everything he says with verses of Noble Qur'an. it takes time to read and think about it. i can't sacrifice that piece of time in your name.

in the website Uluslararası MIHR Vakfı you can find any information and explaination. they all come with related verses. so it is all done and awaits for people who search for the truth. evidence is Qur'an itself.

i amnot here to show off so i donot mind how i look like. i know where i stand. Allah Almighty knows my intention. that's what matters to me. but thank you for your friendly warning.

bless you :)

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member

7. Hidayat is realized with the command of Allah and the help of the Imam of the Era and the Murshid (religious guide appointed by Allah).

32 / AS – SAJDAH 24: And We appointed, from among them, IMAMs (murshid: the religious guide leading to Allah), taking them to HIDAYET (the True Guidance Leading To Allah) under Our command, since they persevered with patience and got close to Our Verses (the Verses of Allah).
7 / AL- A’RÂF 181: And of those We have created, there is a nation that takes to the Truth (Allah), and establishes justice therewith.

-----------

Imam and Murshid ...

Are those two different people?

By the way, who is the imam of the era?

Also, if you don't mind, tell us who is your murshid and how you found him.

Thank you. :)

.lava

Veteran Member
Imam and Murshid ...

Are those two different people?
By the way, who is the imam of the era?
Also, if you don't mind, tell us who is your murshid and how you found him.
Thank you. :)

hi and sorry for being late to answer.

there is only one Imam of the era. when this man dies another person who's chosen by Allah Almighty would replace him. Imam of the era doesnot have freewill. which means, he doesnot reach that level by his own effort. Allah chooses a person and teaches him and makes him Imam of the era.
it is not the same with Murshids. there are thousands of them, even more. they do have freewill and they reach at a certain point by giving effort.

Imam of the era is Iskender Ali Mihr today. he is naturally Murshid. Murshid of all Murshids. The Golden Gate. these people are related in the design of Allah Almighty.

there are many life stories about Murshids and how they found their students, including mine. yes, you donot find him. he finds you. but he wouldnot if there is no sincere wish in your heart to reach who created you. everyone, even atheist would reach Allah when they die. difference of being Mumin is to do that before death. cos when we die, no matter what we believ in, we reach Allah. noone can escape from that final.

i don't tell about my story. because it is special to me. more special than anything i know. but i can say there've been strange coincidences, very 'open' dreams and love that i could never deny. i wanted to be sure about my Murshid. i was afraid that i could be decieved. so i was not comfortable. my Mumin friends told me to investigate. so i did for years. i saw everything he says were right. i saw when i did things that he adviced i was definetly happier and mentally stronger. and Noble Qur'an of course. i did search in my book and listen to my Murshid. i recognised the connection between verses.

it's been years now and i don't have any doubts about him, not at all. but i can understand if you (or anyone) be suspicious about this. that's normal. yet i find it silly if people donot investigate on their own and deny without any prrof. that is sad and unfortuantely would be reason to go hell. not only Muslims, each human being is created in hanif nature, in hanif religion. so each must follow the steps that given by Allah Almighty so they could find salvation.

to wish to reach Allah Almighty is salvation itself.

thank you for your time The Truth
once more, i am sorry for being late

bless you my friend

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
hi and sorry for being late to answer.

I'm late as well in replying to you because i'm having my final exams, so no need to apologize to each other. :p

Just try to reply when you can and you are most welcome anytime. :)

there is only one Imam of the era. when this man dies another person who's chosen by Allah Almighty would replace him. Imam of the era doesnot have freewill. which means, he doesnot reach that level by his own effort. Allah chooses a person and teaches him and makes him Imam of the era.

How do you know he is the one?

it is not the same with Murshids. there are thousands of them, even more. they do have freewill and they reach at a certain point by giving effort.

Imam of the era is Iskender Ali Mihr today. he is naturally Murshid. Murshid of all Murshids. The Golden Gate. these people are related in the design of Allah Almighty.

there are many life stories about Murshids and how they found their students, including mine. yes, you donot find him. he finds you. but he wouldnot if there is no sincere wish in your heart to reach who created you. everyone, even atheist would reach Allah when they die. difference of being Mumin is to do that before death. cos when we die, no matter what we believ in, we reach Allah. noone can escape from that final.

i don't tell about my story. because it is special to me. more special than anything i know. but i can say there've been strange coincidences, very 'open' dreams and love that i could never deny. i wanted to be sure about my Murshid. i was afraid that i could be decieved. so i was not comfortable. my Mumin friends told me to investigate. so i did for years. i saw everything he says were right. i saw when i did things that he adviced i was definetly happier and mentally stronger. and Noble Qur'an of course. i did search in my book and listen to my Murshid. i recognised the connection between verses.

it's been years now and i don't have any doubts about him, not at all. but i can understand if you (or anyone) be suspicious about this. that's normal. yet i find it silly if people donot investigate on their own and deny without any prrof. that is sad and unfortuantely would be reason to go hell. not only Muslims, each human being is created in hanif nature, in hanif religion. so each must follow the steps that given by Allah Almighty so they could find salvation.

to wish to reach Allah Almighty is salvation itself.

thank you for your time The Truth
once more, i am sorry for being late

bless you my friend

I understand why you don't want to tell us about your experience, but i'm starting to wonder now, after i have read this reply of you. Does that mean, in your book, i'll go to hell if i didn't find my own Murshid?

.lava

Veteran Member
I'm late as well in replying to you because i'm having my final exams, so no need to apologize to each other. :p

Just try to reply when you can and you are most welcome anytime. :)

How do you know he is the one?

I understand why you don't want to tell us about your experience, but i'm starting to wonder now, after i have read this reply of you. Does that mean, in your book, i'll go to hell if i didn't find my own Murshid?

ahh those final exams! hope you raise your degrees my friend.

you may not find any imam who knows about the Imam of era. because imams are educated in public schools which means they were taugh by people who were taugh by other people, not Allah Almighty. other than that, a murshid won't tell lies. fake ones do.

most of the people think they would go heaven if they believed in God. unfortunately it is not true. people who want to reach Allah would go heaven. the rest couldnot. if one wants to reach Allah would be guided to his murshid. Allah Almighty designs that path. it is possible that someone wants to reach Allah and he dies before he met his murshid. he still goes to 1st level of heaven.

goraya15

I'm sorry, I have never heard of a murshid in Islamic literature or word of mouth ever before. I don't claim to know everything, but this seems to be a pretty major thing your talking about, and I have never heard of it. If you don't mind me asking, what sect of Islam are you from?

neves

you may not find any imam who knows about the Imam of era. because imams are educated in public schools which means they were taugh by people who were taugh by other people, not Allah Almighty. other than that, a murshid won't tell lies. fake ones do.

most of the people think they would go heaven if they believed in God. unfortunately it is not true. people who want to reach Allah would go heaven. the rest couldnot. if one wants to reach Allah would be guided to his murshid. Allah Almighty designs that path. it is possible that someone wants to reach Allah and he dies before he met his murshid. he still goes to 1st level of heaven.

where is your source for this claim...?

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member

I was searching alot because i never heard of such a belief before. There is no single mentioning in Islam whether in the Quran or the Sunnah about this murshid thing or imam of the era. Nevertheless, i read in a book for a great scholar in the past and he was mentioning some misguided groups and one of them was the one which adhere to the things you mentioned. This group is called "Batenyah" الباطنية and the baha'i faith took alot from it to establish their religion.

Read about it and you will understand what i'm talking about.

S.Z (Muslim)

Humble Slave of Allah.
Brothers and Sisters. Assalamilakum-Morahmatuallah-hiwabarakatu
(May peace, blessings, and mercy of Allah almighty be on all of you)
Why are Muslims separate? Some are Sufi, Sunni, Shia, Hanfi, Maliki, etc?
What was the Prophet? He was a Muslim!
So we should all call ourselves Muslim, and not Shia Muslim, Sunni, and all that.

.lava

Veteran Member
hi,

theTruth and dear Goraya15, there are no different types of religion of God. there's always been just one. Christianity, Judaism also are the same religion. in three books there is one thing in common. they all say religion is haneef religion of Abraham.

Qur'an is mistake-free as Allah promised.
there is something about Noble Qur'an. it doensot say very openly. imo it is because Allah wants people to think, to try to understand and to use our intellect.

there've been some people in the past who made commentaries over Qur'an. they led people to the wrong way. that trick of Iblis still works.

42/ŞURA-13: Şerea lekum mined dîni mâ vassâ bihî nûhan vellezî evhaynâ ileyke ve mâ vassaynâ bihî ibrâhîme ve mûsâ ve îsâ, en ekîmûd dîne ve lâ teteferrekû fîh (fîhi), kebure alel muşrikîne mâ ted’ûhum ileyh (ileyhi), allâhu yectebî ileyhi men yeşâu ve yehdî ileyhi men yunîb (yunîbu).
42 / ASH – SHÛRA - 13: Saying, “Establish religion and make no divisions in it,” He (Allah) has ordained the same religion for you as that which We ordained for Noah - that which We have revealed to you - and that which We ordained for Abraham, Moses, and Jesus. The thing (invitation to Allah and to have faith in Allah) to which you invited was hard for those MUSHRIK (those who attribute a partner to Allah). Allah chooses to Himself those whom He pleases and guides (takes) unto Himself those who turn to Him.

translations of Noble Qur'an is also wrong in some parts. becasue people donot know about concepts of Islam. Murshid is one of them.

take -Kehf 17- as an example. here is the original text of that verse:

18/KEHF-17: Ve tereş şemse izâ taleat tezâveru an kehfihim zâtel yemîni ve izâ garabet takrıduhum zâteş şimâli ve hum fî fecvetin minh(minhu), zâlike min âyâtillâh(âyâtillâhi), men yehdillâhu fe huvel muhted(muhtedi), ve men yudlil fe len tecide lehu veliyyen murşidâ(murşiden).

this is the sound of 18-17 in my language.

now i quote an ordinary translation from a Qur'anic site of the same verse:

[17] Thou wouldst have seen the sun, when it rose, declining to the right from their Cave, and when it set, turning away from them to the left, while they lay in the open space in the midst of the Cave. Such are among the Signs of Allah: he whom Allah guides is rightly guided; but he whom Allah leaves to stray; for him wilt thou find no protector to lead him to the Right Way.

in this translation "Murshid" is disappeared. the concept of Murshid turned into "protector to lead him to the right way"

let me open the word Murshid;

one of the names of Allah is Rashid. the action of Rashid is Irshad. the word Murshid comes from that action. the person who does Irshad.

Mu+Rashid=Murshid

here is an another example to make it easier to understand.

the word Muallim;

Mu+Alim (another name of Allah)=Muallim.

here is the direct translation of 18/17:

Kehf 17: “Whoever Allah delivers to Himself, that person reaches Hidayet, and whoever is in Dalalet, darkness, there is no person of Hidayet for them, there is no murshid for them, there is no veli murshid for them.”

veli means friend of Allah. Murshid is the person who Irshad people, who brings Hidayet.

these are in Qur'an. yet Qur'an doesnot say it completly open. basics of Islam is an example for this. there isnot even one verse in Noble Qur'an that says or starts by saying "these are the basics...1...2...3..." no, never. each of us has to study it. we have to think over verses.

you are my brothers and sisters. all of you. i am trying to do my best to explain. so ask me if i wasnot good enough.

thnak you for your time.

neves

my souce is Qur'an. yet this is about the concept of Taqva. i might start another topic for that. i hope i wll soon.

from two post above... it seems like your source is a Murshid and not the Quran... looks like it’s quiet a stretch you had to make to meet your conclusion...

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
there've been some people in the past who made commentaries over Qur'an. they led people to the wrong way. that trick of Iblis still works.

42 / ASH – SHÛRA - 13: Saying, “Establish religion and make no divisions in it,” He (Allah) has ordained the same religion for you as that which We ordained for Noah - that which We have revealed to you - and that which We ordained for Abraham, Moses, and Jesus. The thing (invitation to Allah and to have faith in Allah) to which you invited was hard for those MUSHRIK (those who attribute a partner to Allah). Allah chooses to Himself those whom He pleases and guides (takes) unto Himself those who turn to Him.

translations of Noble Qur'an is also wrong in some parts. becasue people donot know about concepts of Islam. Murshid is one of them.

So the murshid corrected the Quran for you?

take -Kehf 17- as an example. here is the original text of that verse:

18/KEHF-17: Ve tereş şemse izâ taleat tezâveru an kehfihim zâtel yemîni ve izâ garabet takrıduhum zâteş şimâli ve hum fî fecvetin minh(minhu), zâlike min âyâtillâh(âyâtillâhi), men yehdillâhu fe huvel muhted(muhtedi), ve men yudlil fe len tecide lehu veliyyen murşidâ(murşiden).

this is the sound of 18-17 in my language.

now i quote an ordinary translation from a Qur'anic site of the same verse:

[17] Thou wouldst have seen the sun, when it rose, declining to the right from their Cave, and when it set, turning away from them to the left, while they lay in the open space in the midst of the Cave. Such are among the Signs of Allah: he whom Allah guides is rightly guided; but he whom Allah leaves to stray; for him wilt thou find no protector to lead him to the Right Way.

in this translation "Murshid" is disappeared. the concept of Murshid turned into "protector to lead him to the right way"

I found the word murshida in the original "arabic" Quran but this word mean alot of things and not necassary the things you are talking about in here.

let me open the word Murshid;
one of the names of Allah is Rashid. the action of Rashid is Irshad. the word Murshid comes from that action. the person who does Irshad.

Mu+Rashid=Murshid

here is an another example to make it easier to understand.

the word Muallim;

Mu+Alim (another name of Allah)=Muallim.

here is the direct translation of 18/17:

Kehf 17: “Whoever Allah delivers to Himself, that person reaches Hidayet, and whoever is in Dalalet, darkness, there is no person of Hidayet for them, there is no murshid for them, there is no veli murshid for them.”

veli means friend of Allah. Murshid is the person who Irshad people, who brings Hidayet.

these are in Qur'an. yet Qur'an doesnot say it completly open. basics of Islam is an example for this. there isnot even one verse in Noble Qur'an that says or starts by saying "these are the basics...1...2...3..." no, never. each of us has to study it. we have to think over verses.

you are my brothers and sisters. all of you. i am trying to do my best to explain. so ask me if i wasnot good enough.

thnak you for your time.

This theory is interesting but it has absolutely no basis in Islam. It's just mere interpretations and taking verses out of context. Anyone can pick some interesting words from the Quran and appoint himself as a new leader who wants to save humanity.

There is none of these in the hadiths or the tafseers and i don't think that a murshid will come now out of no where and prophet Mohammed never ever mentioned such a thing, nor his great companions. Is this murshid better than the prophet of Allah?

Is he better than abu baker and omar, the great companions of the prophet?

I hope you will ask these questions to yourself before following anyone who pick words from the Quran and attributes it to himself in vain.