• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"My-Body"

nazz

Doubting Thomas
Because, when one uses the term "My-Body". it means "My" is some another personality which is not the "Body" itself.

Isn't this an evidence of "Soul" for the people who doesn't believe there's any "Soul" in their body ?

No, because I can also say "my soul"

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
If you want to cancel out his whole argument - we also say "Myself"

Interesting language we have. In third person we can say "George's body, George's ego, George's mind, George's emotions etc. but when would we say "George's self". George's self told himself to jump farther?"

Yet ewe can say myself ... unless myself is different than my self, or my Self.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Because, when one uses the term "My-Body". it means "My" is some another personality which is not the "Body" itself.

Isn't this an evidence of "Soul" for the people who doesn't believe there's any "Soul" in their body ?

No it doesn't. It is just the form of speech we are taught to use to differentiate between self and other.

What do you suggest people say when they go to a doctor with a body part problem?

How about sex talk - with no "my," "your?"

chinu

chinu
I've also heard, multiple times, people say "My soul". You are thinking deep, but not in the right direction - Just because the body is something that pertains to you, it doesn't mean that it can't be you as well.

The whole system is you. The body alone, the soul alone, the mind alone, etc. is not the self, the self is all put together.
Suppose, there's a man who lost his leg in an accident.
He uses the term; I lost "My-Leg", even when his leg is no more the part of the "Whole-System", Why ? :)

chinu

chinu
No it doesn't. It is just the form of speech we are taught to use to differentiate between self and other.

What do you suggest people say when they go to a doctor with a body part problem?

How about sex talk - with no "my," "your?"

And, what about the man who lost his leg in an accident ?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
'My' is temporary. School children say 'my' desk. That lasts approximately 10 months. My body lasts precisely one lifetime.

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member
Aaaaaaaaand my post was simply ignored. Niiice.

That is a good enough answer for me.

idav

Being
Premium Member

It is evidence that people are easily confused into thinking that the body is somehow separate from them. It's smoke and mirrors.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Suppose, there's a man who lost his leg in an accident.
He uses the term; I lost "My-Leg", even when his leg is no more the part of the "Whole-System", Why ? :)

Because it came from his body, I'm sure he has rights over his leg.

SamIam

Good point. When someone says "my body" he's acknowledging a distinction between himself and his body. Else, a person would say "it's me and I can do what I want with me."