• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Name that favorite alcoholic beverage

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Tried something new, and came up with it myself. Take a double shot shot glass, fill half with Sake(I used Gekkeikan because that's what I have) and the other half with Monster Khaos. Strangely it's good. Don't ask why I thought of it, it's been a long day and it 11pm right now.......:thud:

Chain

Last visit 2005
Hmm....tonight, before I sat down here buzzed on a freaking religious site, I had indulged my senses with a little Long Island followed by a bit O' Bahama Mama in the blue...

In the winter I love brandy and coke....

I remember at Christmas time, my mother would make Strawberry Daiquiri in a blender that seemed like it was older than I am that was given to her by my grandmother. I vividly recall the the antiquated look of the blender, probably designed to look like part of a "kitchen of the future" at the time it had been made. It contrasted sharply with the yellow and brown stains on the once-pristine white plastic casing, dirtied by years and years of shakes, smoothies, and other mixes.

One Christmas when I was about fifteen I begged and begged my mom to let me try some. I wanted to try an alcoholic drink and feel like an adult.

Now whenever I make it I always remember my mother, pleasant childhood memories, and that old blender. :)

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
Raspberry Vodka, Pina Coladas, and Irish Carbombs. The latter is a good cup of Guiness with a shot of Bailey's. Very chocolate-y. Raspberry vodka is good for the sinuses, so long as you don't have too much. Pina Coladas - eh, for casual drinking.

I think my favorite drink is Southern Comfort. Nice, smooth, sweet whiskey :).

Although I'm a bit ashamed to admit it, it's a close call between that and some chick drink called "Coctel J" that I had in Ecuador. It's made out of Vodka Skyy, Jugo do Durazno, Liquor de Durazno, and leche condensada, if I remember correctly. In English, that would be peach juice, peach liquor, and condensed milk. Throw a 'durazno' slice on top of the glass speared by a toothpick, and you got peaches, my favorite fruit, combined with a nice alcoholic bite.

Last edited:

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
My personal favorite thing to drink is a shot of Patron silver with an ice cold Corona. If I had to pick a mixed drink, I'd go with A.M.F. Gets the job done every time. ;)

Inky

Right now my favorite drink is Lagunitas Sirus Cream Ale, which probably no one else has heard of before since it's a local brew. It's great. My favorite mixed drink is plain gin and soda, or sometimes room-temperature gin mixed with an equal amount of water, since that's a better way to notice all the flavors.

lombas

Society of Brethren
Beer (Belgian: Rodenbach, Duvel, Maredsous - Spanish: San Miguel, Cruzcampo)

Wine (I especially like a chardonnay from Marlborough County, New Zealand)

I don't like champagne, but do like lambrusco or one glass of cava (Codorniu for instance)

Liquor (absinthe, pastis, bacardi&coke, whiskey&coke, screwdriver, mojito, amaretto, Belgian genever, ...)

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
My personal favorite thing to drink is a shot of Patron silver with an ice cold Corona. If I had to pick a mixed drink, I'd go with A.M.F. Gets the job done every time. ;)

Tequila (ta kill ya) and beer...My favorite downfall.. :sad4:

Love

Dallas

lombas

Society of Brethren
Tequila is really nasty. A couple of months ago I drank a bottle of good tequila with a friend. I felt nothing (I have to say that I'm an experienced and responsible drinker).

The next day, I woke up - felt nothing. I had breakfast, took a shower, and walked to the bus station to go to town. When the bus left, it suddenly felt like I was being hit with an enormous hammer.

Tequila. Nasty.

Panda

42?
Premium Member
I haven't had Tequila since I was doing Tequila shots at a party and ended up throwing up every where and passing out, I don't remember that night at all.

Sententia

Normally Its scotch on the rocks... but tonight it looks like I will be doing something completely different... Rusty nail. (hehehe)

NoahideHiker

Religious Headbanger
Scotch: Rocks.

(Single malts are good but I also enjoy JW Red, Black and Blue. (Mostly Black.. blue is pricy and red is not bad but cant compare with black.)

I happened across a great budget single malt under the McClelland name. A great single malt for $20ish. I give it the best bang for the buck title.

NoahideHiker

Religious Headbanger
I haven't had Tequila since I was doing Tequila shots at a party and ended up throwing up every where and passing out, I don't remember that night at all.

I always avoided tequila as I have watched too many people get tanked up and start fighting on it. Then a buddy bought me a bottle of Hose' Cuavo Black. I mixed it 50/50 with Chrystal Light Lime, on the rocks with a slice of lime and it was great stuff. Nice and mellow with no bite or burn.

Panda

42?
Premium Member
Normally Its scotch on the rocks... but tonight it looks like I will be doing something completely different... Rusty nail. (hehehe)

Who taught you to drink? Whiskey is either drunk neat or with a splash of water. You never ever add ice to whiskey. I really hope it isn't a single malt you are drinking.

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
1554 Enlightened Black Ale by New Belgium Brewery.

Momokawa Pearl Sake nigori (unfiltered) served cold

Tequila and grapefruit juice. Really! Pineapple juice also works, but has too much sugar (hangover!).

Last edited:

Panda

42?
Premium Member
I don't see how it makes a difference.

Oh no you don't drink chill filtered whiskey do you? Proper whiskey can not be poured over ice otherwise it will go milky. Chill filtering this stops that happening but removes a lot of the taste and is generally thought of as being an inferior drink to before it is chill filtered. Especially with a single malt you will ruin it completely by putting it over ice. As well as this ice kills the aroma and at a colder temperature reduces the taste by anaesthetizing the papilla on the tongue meaning you do not get the full taste.

Last edited:

Heneni

Miss Independent
I went on a 'Desert Run' through the Namibian desert once. I was great fun driving quad bikes through the desert, up and down sand dunes. At night of course, we had to keep ourselves busy. BBQ and tequilla was the in thing. I cant remember how many alcohol units of Tequila I had, because i never got sick of it, and i never had a hangover, but i sure did get more than tipsy! Felt like some Desert Queen. LOL... I never drank as much since. Without the desert air and the same 'atmosphere' ,tequila never had the same effect on me again.

I like Captain Morgan. Archers - strawberry, and southern comfort. I cant drink wine unless it is sweet or semi-sweet.

I have never been able to drink myself into a state that I dont know what I am doing. :beach:. I did try once to get absolutely sloshed. Instead I fell asleep. :sleep:I dont drink unless i'm in the presence of people I trust and drinking more than me. Usually i'm the one that gets everybody home safely. I NEVER drink at any social occasion, that involves my job.