• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nanda - Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanda

Polyanna
Name: Nanda. My full name is Amanda, but I really do go by Nanda.

Birthday: June 2, 1979

Location: One of the smallest towns in the smallest state in the US, Rhode Island.

Occupation: Up until very recently, I was a stay-at-home mom for my 5 year-old son, and worked seasonally as a stitcher/costumer at the state college (my alma mater) in the costume shop, but now that he's starting kindergarten, change is in the air. (More than anything, I'd like to go back to school for cartooning, but I should probably be adding to the house income instead of subtracting from it for the time being. Plus it's difficult to convince a practical man like my husband that I need a third "useless" degree. ;) )

Interests: Reading, my webcomic, comics in general/graphic novels, sewing, crafting, gardening, indie/foreign films, religion and mythology.

Religion? Nope, I'm an atheist.

As I mentioned, I am married, and we have one son who is starting Kindergarten in a few days. I also live with five cats, a hamster, two rats, and my best friend and roommate, Papersock.

I am really honored to be here; in fact, I can hardly believe it. I've been a mod/admin on three other forums in the past, but nothing as...BIG as RF. I promise to do my best. :)

Any questions? (Unless the question is "Why would an atheist want to be a Mod on a religious forum? ;))

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
Congrats and welcome to the team!!

How did you explain to the 5 kitties that you had a responsibility that might impact their feeding time and how did they respond? :D

We have 3, and keeping the second off the keyboard is a full time job.

Nanda

Polyanna
Thanks guys! :D

How did you explain to the 5 kitties that you had a responsibility that might impact their feeding time and how did they respond? :D

No worries, we have those bowls that dispence more food and water as they eat. You know, like a grain silo. :D

yeah since you brought it up...why would an atheist want to be mod on a religious forum! :D

I don't know, but whatever the reason, I'm sure it involves subterfuge! :eek:

What a good choice! :D

Will your mod posts feature cartoons?

What a great idea! Probably not. :sorry1:

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Hey cool! :D Congratulations!

Have you seen Indian movies?

BTW, I love Archie comics! :yes: Do you read those? I prefer Betty for Archie any day!

Nanda

Polyanna
Have you seen Indian movies?

I haven't seen any actual movies from India, I'm afraid, but I'd love to. Have any recommendations? I have seen a bunch of Indians-living-in-England, America, etc. films.

BTW, I love Archie comics! :yes: Do you read those? I prefer Betty for Archie any day!

He he... Not a huge Archie fan anymore - I loved it when I was a kid. Jughead was my favorite, and yes, Betty all the way. If you love Archie, you should read "Penny and Aggie" online: Penny and Aggie

Also, you should try "Vimanarama" - you might like it: Vimanarama - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mike182

Flaming Queer
i am really looking forwards to working with you, you're a great character on the forums and you are ripe for the job! :hug:

Ðanisty

I am really honored to be here; in fact, I can hardly believe it. I've been a mod/admin on three other forums in the past, but nothing as...BIG as RF. I promise to do my best. :)
I've worked on a number of forums too. Believe it or not, it's not that much harder on RF because we have such an awesome team and a positive attitude.

We have 3, and keeping the second off the keyboard is a full time job.
*nod* I have one that's quite a handful too.

Will your mod posts feature cartoons?
That would be awesome...lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.