• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NASA is an unconstitutional abomination and should be abolished!

Rachel Rugelach

Shalom, y'all.
Staff member
The constitution's role is to limit the power of the government, do you agree?

The Constitution's role is to provide the terms and conditions by which the United States is governed. The Constitution limits the government only in terms of dividing power among its three branches: Legislative (Congress), Executive (President, Vice President, and Cabinet), and Judicial (Supreme Court). This is what serves as our checks and balances on government.

Don't they still teach this in Millennials School?

Last edited:

Flat Earth Kyle

The Constitution's role is to provide the terms and conditions by which the United States is governed. The Constitution limits the government only in terms of dividing power among its three branches: Legislative (Congress), Executive (President, Vice President, and Cabinet), and Judicial (Supreme Court). This is what serves as our checks and balances on government.
Do you agree that the US government is capable of misusing funds?

Rachel Rugelach

Shalom, y'all.
Staff member
Of course I agree. For example, whichever public school system funded your education may be in need of some scrutiny.

Edited to add: Maybe the blame doesn't fall on the school, though. Apologies to any teachers here. I can see how difficult your job must be.

Last edited:

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
This was covered up. They did send some expeditions, but the turtles ate them.

Get real. It was the elephants riding the turtles that ate them. Flipped em up into their mouths with their trunks like they were tiny peanuts

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Misusing funds is not unconstitutional.

If you want to abolish NASA you need to find and elect people to congress who want to abolish NASA. You know how hard that would be to do because even the American voters are not that stupid (yet).

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Get real. It was the elephants riding the turtles that ate them. Flipped em up into their mouths with their trunks like they were tiny peanuts

That's a good point, depending on where they looked, the Great A'Tuin is not flexible enough to reach those hard to get explorer's.

Here is a photo from Hubble showing the greater reach of the elephants

discworld-atuin-from-film.jpg

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I KNEW my tax dollars were going to good use!

The pic is from Terry Pratchett's Diskworld series of books. Extremely funny, satire at it's best, shining a laser beam at the failings of humanity.
I am somewhat biased, the first book i ever read was "The Colour of Magic", i was hooked and over the years I've read them all.

Ok, advertising blurb over ;-)

Rachel Rugelach

Shalom, y'all.
Staff member
The pic is from Terry Pratchett's Diskworld series of books. Extremely funny, satire at it's best, shining a laser beam at the failings of humanity.
I am somewhat biased, the first book i ever read was "The Colour of Magic", i was hooked and over the years I've read them all.

Ok, advertising blurb over ;-)

I keep intending to read Pratchett's series! Right now I'm in the middle of Dean Koontz's Devoted. Very creepy horror, like a lot of Koontz's novels, but this one has a golden retriever hero in it. :cool:

I've got a book recommendation for the OP:

Great book. I recommend it to lots of people, actually. Ben Sheehan gives not only an informative overview of our Constitution, but a very entertaining one, as well!