• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

National stereotypes

Circle_One

I Am Quebecois: :D

“I’m not a lumberjacques or a courrier du bois.
And I don’t live in a log cabin or eat pea soup or own a Jetta.
And I don’t know Pierre, Francoise or Marie from Quebec, although I am certain they smoke and drink wine.
I have a Premier, not a Prime Minister; I speak English and French, but only French to the English; and I pronounce it “a peu pres presque sur le point de ca et la plus ou moins autour de vers” not “about” or “a boot”.
I can proudly wear my “fleur de lis” on my license plate when I drive to the depanneur, I believe in peace keeping-I will keep the peace if you give me what I want; diversity, not assimilation (except for those pesky Quebec Anglos!); and that poutine is a truly proud and noble food.
A toque is a toque, a chesterfield is a canape, and it is pronounced “Quebecois”, not “Quebecker” or “Qwibecker”.
Quebec is the largest francophone land mass, the first nation of real hockey, and the best part of North America!
My name is Joseph, and I am Quebecois.”

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I used to think there were some essential American characteristics, but now I think the country is just too huge and too diverse for there to really be any characteristics that hold uniquely true of Americans as a people.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
The stereotype for the dutch people would be sex, drugs and tullips.

This isn't correct at all, most dutch people don't have tullips..

And cheese :p

NZ stereotypes?

Sheep, wife-beater, gumboots

(wife-beater = singlet)

Footrot_flats.jpg

As3ad

>>PrOUd leBaNesE MusLiM<<
The stereotype about the lebanese is that they live in tents in the desert, ride camels and wear turbans and burkas :S
Completely untrue...we don't have a desert in Lebanon and we have no camels :). Hehe...and we wear modern clothes. Even in old times the lebanese had their own traditionnal clothes that were not abayas and turbans...
Some people actually asked my friends when they were travelling if we had TVs and internet and phones in Lebanon!!!!!!!! :S :S My friends were asked if they went to school when in reality the lebanese place great importance on education...the average lebanese speaks at least 3 languages and the majority go to university.

There are a lot of stereotypes...

Last edited: