• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New age movement is from God

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
The concept is interesting. I remember several of the churches I went to in the past referring to the new age movement as "demonic" or "satanic" or "witchcraft"

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I would say it started in the late 60's with hippies, as exemplified in the Hair musical.
Maybe it would have to do any group that is fixated on the power of energy and vibes, of course my favorite new ager would be the character Oddball with all them negative vibes! *grin*

freelight

Soul Pioneer
The concept is interesting. I remember several of the churches I went to in the past referring to the new age movement as "demonic" or "satanic" or "witchcraft"

Unfortunately many pew warmers limit their perception of reality to the bible or what the preacher spouts;......consciousness or infinity includes the whole of existence and every potential/possibility imaginable :) - A healthy view IMO includes the whole field of metaphysics and human potential, where consciousness can explore and expound all its inherent properties in the play of creation, because that is what LIFE is apparently about,.....its an experiential co-creation.

The Bible itself prophesies a NEW AGE (new heavens/new earth)......so is a 'new age' manual, full of its own terms and esoteric meanings. YOU are the sum and context of your own EXPERIENCE, come what may. Its just one text-book among other religious works that may have more or less value in mapping reality. - In the meantime we are the co-creators of our own heaven or hell, stewards of our own condition.....in this world, in all worlds.

~*~*~

freelight

Soul Pioneer
Time is just a construct from God - the intention, the state, is linked to God, who is eternal. So the deed although in time is mixed with both time and eternal reality. If evil life one will be in hell forever as a result. God will not ever let it go.

Divine mercy and justice are ever mediated by love and wisdom, all eternal qualities of God's nature/character. As long as a soul chooses to reject 'God', yes, during that time of rebellion/iniquity...the soul is seperating itself from 'God'......however, as long as a soul can repent and return to 'God', that soul can be SAVED and restored back into communion with SOURCE. - God's love is INFINITE by nature, if 'God' is actually infinite.....and the sins he forgives are no longer re-membered! (so the scriptures say). - food for thought. So, I agree with Starlight mostly,.....and I still hold that as long as a soul has the ability/capacity to REPENT, it can be restored to divine truth/reality, and therefore be saved. - as far as the element of 'time' goes, thats 'relative' and more or less conditional to whatever particular or context we are speaking of. Still,....regardless of time, or some realm beyond ordinary 'time' like in other dimensions or spirit-realms....the infinity and ultimacy of divine LOVE holds! - so i take a more universalist view in general :) - more can be hashed out, but not to get too far off topic. - new age theology generally holds this more liberal view of divine love, to its credit, at least in contrast to eternal hellfire beliefs that some fundamentalist christians espouse which are totally insane.

~*~*~