• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

new to religion, which one is right & true

hi guys im a new believer in our saviour jesus christ and god, creator of heaven & earth.

so my question is which religion is the correct one?
christianity
jehovas whitness
catholic
any help or guidance would be apprechiated.

ric.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Greetings!
Sorry...I can't help you find the correct religion.
Just pick what suits you personally.

thanks for the replies guys, i feel im right in believing but just confused as to where to go. i have originally been swayed toward jehovas witness as i have family and friends who are, but in my quest for truth found unsavoury things.

cheers
ric

Dubio

I think all organized religions are flawed. Don't stop searching for knowledge. Read a variety of books, not just preaching to the choir books. There are lots of debates on youtube, i.e. Ehrmann vs. Craig. They will make you think. No one has all of the answers.

HonestJoe

Why do you need to follow an existing religion? You've believe in Jesus and God as a creator which is just fine. What's the point of labelling yourself as a member of a specific religious group?

I hope you also appreciate that the question "Which is the correct one?" is entirely a matter of opinion.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
It may take time to find what sits right with you. My advice is don't feel rushed. If the Bible speaks truth then the most important thing is your connection with Jesus/God, not which church community you attend. So take the time to learn, experience, connect and discover.

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
Be ready for the posibility that there isn't a religion that fits a perfect truth. You said you found "unsavoury things" in Jehovas Witness. You might find something similar in all religions you look into. You have two options: either you can go with a religion closest to your sense of truth and forgive it for it's imperfections; or you can go with no organized religion at all and simply follow your personal sense of spirituality and truth.

Good luck searching! :)

ArtieE

hi guys im a new believer in our saviour jesus christ and god, creator of heaven & earth.

christianity
jehovas whitness
catholic

ric.
It is hard to say which religion is the correct one if any out of for example Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism etc. But since you state that you believe in Jesus and the Christian God it limits the field. There are around 38000 different Christian denominations and of course everyone thinks that "their" denomination is the correct one. Wikipedia has a very comprehensive List of Christian denominations I can only advice you to choose the one you like the most.

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member

christianity
jehovas whitness
catholic

ric.

So you're asking which denomination of Christianity is true?

Tathagata

Freethinker
christianity
jehovas whitness
catholic

Buddhism is the correct religion. It's doctrines were either logically deduced, meditatively discovered/realized, and empirically observed.

Looks like no one else here is confident in the truth of their religion. Perhaps the rest believe it's likely their religion is false?

Mindmaster

Premium Member
There is a true/right religion? No one agrees on anything. There are basically religions that have a blind faith concept, and those who don't. Determine why you should believe either way and find out what appeals to you. Looking at three branches of Christianity isn't picking a religion it's narrowing the field -- they're all fundamentally the same. Consider looking at Eastern religions, pagan religions, and others as well; expand your mind and you will intrinsically make the right choice for you.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
There is no religion that's correct or suitable for everyone. I find it's better to define and live your beliefs in your own terms, and not to meld yourself to someone else's belief system. If you feel a need for a religious community, find one that agrees what your beliefs and not the other way around.

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
You might want to ask this again in the "same faith forum" and address it specifically to Christians. This forum is dominated by atheists and agnostics. I don't think their counsel on which path of Christianity to take is going to be particularly valuable to you.

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
You might want to ask this again in the "same faith forum" and address it specifically to Christians. This forum is dominated by atheists and agnostics. I don't think their counsel on which path of Christianity to take is going to be particularly valuable to you.

and a Christian is somehow more free from bias? :rolleyes: