• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Nice Guy Syndrome"

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
A few salient points:

1) Being "nice" is probably one of the least important factors in garnering the sexual interest of a female.

2) Most "nice" guys confuse being nice with being pathetic.

3) Being pathetic is probably of the most important factors for ensuring that you will not garner the sexual interest of a female.

Alceste

Vagabond
A few salient points:

1) Being "nice" is probably one of the least important factors in garnering the sexual interest of a female.

3) Being pathetic is probably of the most important factors for ensuring that you will not garner the sexual interest of a female.

Yeah, needy and smothering is the opposite of sexy.

Straw Dog

Valid points. It probably does have more to do with reeking of desperation. Even if you are secretly desperate, keep it on the down-low. :D

Alceste

Vagabond
Valid points. It probably does have more to do with reeking of desperation. Even if you are secretly desperate, keep it on the down-low. :D

Or if possible, do some work on yourself to deal with the desperation. Figure out what is at the root of your unhealthy level of need for female attention and grow out of it.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Or if possible, do some work on yourself to deal with the desperation. Figure out what is at the root of your unhealthy level of need for female attention and grow out of it.

Oh my god. I feel like you understand me like nobody else ever has. Will you be my mommy...I mean my girlfriend?

Straw Dog

True, it is unhealthy to derive one's sense of esteem from how much attention can be attracted from the opposite sex. Rather than feigning self-reliance and confidence, it's better to actually cultivate character strengths and skills through meaningful activities. Ultimately, freedom comes from within.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
I thought this was appropriate...

rejection.png