• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No God...No Religion

Harmony

I come in peace
I don't know if this was already posted. If it was, I appologize as I am new.

If there was no GOD which also means there are no religions, what would you all be doing?

There will be no churches and no one named GOD or Jesus or a higher being. Just you and the others around you. No books to go by, no teachings, no cermons.

Who would you be? Where would you be? How would you be?

Some believe and some don't believe. What if there was never a GOD or a higher being? What if the bibles and the books that have been produced by man never existed. But everyone exists. Do you wonder where you came from? Would you believe one created all?

kai

ragamuffin
we would make one up, build a holy building to woship him in , then argue with the next country which has done it differently.

Harmony

I come in peace
we would make one up, build a holy building to woship him in , then argue with the next country which has done it differently.

Why would you make one up? Is it necessary to have to worship someone?

kai

ragamuffin
Why would you make one up? Is it necessary to have to worship someone?
well yes , i think the history of mankind tells us we are either to inquisitive and need to fill in our own answers to questions, or we are just plain lonely

Harmony

I come in peace
well yes , i think the history of mankind tells us we are either to inquisitive and need to fill in our own answers to questions, or we are just plain lonely

If we are lonely, should we not just seek attention from someone there next to us or maybe the person that you are with? Your better half for example.

It's like seeing a Psychiatrist. Those who have questions that are hoping they can get some answers by allowing others to dig into their heads.

kai

ragamuffin
If we are lonely, should we not just seek attention from someone there next to us or maybe the person that you are with? Your better half for example. i agree but we have to go back to the mists of time when we didnt understand things like the sun the moon the weather and wondered what happened when someone died . we tend to personificate things we give our dogs names some people even give their cars name so we gave our gods names to.

It's like seeing a Psychiatrist. Those who have questions that are hoping they can get some answers by allowing others to dig into their heads.

this is my opinion by the way i am sure someone will come along and tell you all about their ideas

cardero

Citizen Mod
I don't know if this was already posted. If it was, I appologize as I am new.

If there was no GOD which also means there are no religions, what would you all be doing?

There will be no churches and no one named GOD or Jesus or a higher being. Just you and the others around you. No books to go by, no teachings, no cermons.

Who would you be? Where would you be? How would you be?
I'd still be Patrick.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Harmony,
Welcome to RF.Take this to be your first post and should be top of your mind to proceed in the direction.Firstly try and understand each things conceptually.
God is a concept which means it is not a person or thing; it is used for our [humans] understanding of something.
Religion is a given PATH / WAY by which one can realise the self which in itself is part of god.
It is not necessary to follow a PATH/ WAY / RELIGION which are already established; one can follow his / her own path to self realisation.
Only requirement is that one must be dedicated to realise the self.
Yourt question is
No God, No religion.
The answere is that even withouit god as a concept athesits would be surely following a path only difference is that the path is to proof the non-existence of god but that too they follow religiously which is religion.
Besides Buddha never talked about any god, which means that god or no god religion is all about self realisation and not about god.
Love & rgds

Harmony

I come in peace
Friend Harmony,
Welcome to RF.Take this to be your first post and should be top of your mind to proceed in the direction.Firstly try and understand each things conceptually.
God is a concept which means it is not a person or thing; it is used for our [humans] understanding of something.
Religion is a given PATH / WAY by which one can realise the self which in itself is part of god.
It is not necessary to follow a PATH/ WAY / RELIGION which are already established; one can follow his / her own path to self realisation.
Only requirement is that one must be dedicated to realise the self.

Thank you for the welcome. I am finding this site very interesting. I have never been to a religious forums and hope to learn from all.

So you mean to say that those who believe believe because they need to have some support? Someone to look up too. Someone to be there when they are down. To get down on your knees and hope that whom ever and where ever he/she is is listening and understands your pain and suffering hoping to be healed or for everything to be ok. Like a crutch.

The answere is that even withouit god as a concept athesits would be surely following a path only difference is that the path is to proof the non-existence of god but that too they follow religiously which is religion.

I had to read this a few times and are you telling me that atheist who don't believe follow some kind of religion?

Besides Buddha never talked about any god, which means that god or no god religion is all about self realisation and not about god.

In short, you should believe in yourself and no other. You make your own mistakes so fix it. The wrong that you do is your own and forgiveness is to be seeked with in not from God who is not a person or thing; who is used for [humans] understanding of something.

Somkid

Well I'm a Buddhist and I prefer to say I have a philosophy not a religion and I do not believe in god because... well I just think it is silly, but that is my opinion. As far as other people here go there are plenty of non religious people and many atheists as well as other Buddhists and well, its just fun. So, to answer your question I don't think I would be doing anything differently if anything we may be discussing the meaning of life not who is responsible for it.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
No God doesn't actually mean no religions. If there was no God, "I" wouldn't be, so I figure there's a good probability there's a God.

So what I'd be doing is the same things I'm doing now.

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
Harmony said:
here will be no churches and no one named GOD or Jesus or a higher being. Just you and the others around you. No books to go by, no teachings, no cermons.

You mean we would actually have to think for ourselves. :eek: Oh the horror! the horror! :eek:

:rolleyes: