• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No Jew nor Greek in Christ...

It seems you have missed the point, but then again I think you're more making a political point versus asking a religious question, and it's the latter that I dealt with.

The verse you cite relates to the issue that the early church opened it's membership to gentiles and that the leaders didn't want a two-tiered system whereas Jews were only the ones to lead and gentiles to follow. Essentially what Paul is doing is justifying his recognition of some gentiles as being leaders.

Since Jesus was a Jew, and since the concept of a messiah is very Jewish, then your statement above is clearly wrong.

Again, what I'm picking up from your tone is a political motivation on your part, not so much religious. You're not asking questions as much as you're making assertions.

Well I respect your right to your opinion, but the issue is Galatians 3:28. Anyone can make up some commentary alleging the reason a scripture says something. All of those types of assertions prove nothing. The scripture stands and the scripture says: "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus."

Peace.

Ah yes, now we fully see what I've said of your posts, namely it's nothing about religion and it's entirely about politics. And since you denied this earlier, this doesn't make you the most honest person on these boards.

You are twisting my words and misrepresenting me. I may end our communications; if you don't hear a response from me to any of your replies, it is because you are twisting my words and misrepresenting me.

Peace.

First of all, that has nothing to do with anything in the Bible, Christian or otherwise.

But second of all, as far as I can tell, the American government supports the state of Israel because it's the only democracy in the Middle East, it has been a staunch ally of American policy in the Middle East for fifty years, and because they should be supported in the face of terrorism-- as should anyone.

Much is made of Israel's purported violations of international law, but they are often blown out of proportion, especially given that the barbarism of the terrorists they face is grossly underreported and all too often dismissed, as it would not be in nearly any other case, because too many people question the very right of the state of Israel to exist-- because it is a Jewish state, and the Christian, Muslim, and secular world see little reason to value it.

One need not agree with every single action or decision of the Israeli government-- most Jews certainly don't, but unilaterally writing off support of Israel as evil is nothing but garden variety anti-Semitism.

I didn't read all of your post but I'm not very heavy into politics...my concern is Galatians 3:28; "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus."

For me Jesus is simply saying that we are all one in god, whatever culture or colour skin we have isn't who we really are, to believe we are our culture or skin colour is to live on the outside, the carnal self.

So, should Christians favor the Jews, in light of Gal. 3:28?

From my discussion with Christians they see in the Torah where G-D said that Jews are G-D's chosen people and that G-D gave them the land of Israel.

But that is the Old Testament. The New Testament says that there is no Jew nor Greek in Christ.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Hi,

...I just wanted to ask this question, why do Christians show favoritism toward the Jews if there is no Jew nor Greek in Christ (Galatians 3:28)?

It's tied in with end of the world teachings that feature Jews as pawns in kicking off the second coming in the doctrines of some Christian groups. So they egg the Zionist Jews on in being hardline against the Arabs in hopes that it will stir up the rest of the Muslim world into attacking Israel and kicking off WWIII. It's a bunch of lunacy.

Christian Zionism was made up in the 19th century, by the way.

Edit: Oh, I see this was already brought to your attention. I didn't read the thread before I posted. Oops. :)

Last edited:
I have been organizing Pro-Israel rallies during the Gaza war, and some of the most staunch Pro-Israel, Pro-jewish Christians are the evangelical Christians.

And they tell me why. Genesis 12:3.

They are very strongly Pro-Israel, and Pro-Jewish.

Genesis 12:3 is the Old Testament. The New Testament represents the presence of the Messiah, and the New Testament says that there is no Jew nor Greek in Christ.

I don’t think the American government is a spokesperson for Christians. To put it another way, one has nothing to do with the other.

Well the people in the American government are supposed to represent the American people. I say let the American people change their government if their government is doing things that they don't like. Internationally, other nations might view the American government as representing the American people.

Peace.

That is telling, but not surprising. Perhaps you should pursue your agenda in the Christianity DIR.

LOL as I have said, my agenda here is to understand why many Christians show favoritism of the Jews in light of Galatians 3:28, and this thread should be in the debates forum because whether or not Christians should blindly favor the Jews is being debated...

It's tied in with end of the world teachings that feature Jews as pawns in kicking off the second coming in the doctrines of some Christian groups. So they egg the Zionist Jews on in being hardline against the Arabs in hopes that it will stir up the rest of the Muslim world into attacking Israel and kicking off WWIII. It's a bunch of lunacy.

Christian Zionism was made up in the 19th century, by the way.

Edit: Oh, I see this was already brought to your attention. I didn't read the thread before I posted. Oops. :)

Yeah, but they are ignoring Galatians 3:28 and if they are Christians why do they ignore Galatians 3:28?

Apparently some Christians believe in the Torah.

I would think that the New Testament takes precedence over the Old Testament. Gal. 3:28: "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus."

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
... this thread should be in the debates forum because whether or not Christians should blindly favor the Jews is being debated.
Would it not make more sense to first debate whether or not Christians should blindly follow ever line found in Galatians, a sales effort written two to three decades after the purported crucifixion by someone who had never met the man?

CMike

I would think that the New Testament takes precedence over the Old Testament. Gal. 3:28: "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus."
Obviously, some Christians still believe in what it say in the Torah.

Obviously, some Christians still believe in what it say in the Torah.

...as a matter of fact, the same chapter in Galatians says about the Torah that the promises were made to Christ and those who believe in him:

Galatians 3:16, 29: "(16)Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ. (29)And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise."

Please remember that I am not a member of any religion...religion is just something that interests me.

Peace.

outhouse

Atheistically
I would think that the New Testament takes precedence over the Old Testament.

When will you start to "think" because you have demonstrated a severe lack.

Gal. 3:28: "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus."

Nothing to see here folks.

Just another uneducated perversion of text WAY out of context
:facepalm:

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Hi,

...I just wanted to ask this question, why do Christians show favoritism toward the Jews if there is no Jew nor Greek in Christ (Galatians 3:28)?

I don't know, if some do, they aren't supposed to.
Now, let's examine some possibility..
1. Simple relation equation i.e. Jesus was from Israel, was 'Jewish' to an extent, and was the Jewish Messiah aside from being the savior of mankind. This relates a INTEREST in the land of Israel and 'Jews', et.c

From my perspective, there is no 'favoritism' going on, HOWEVER my 'religion' (if you can call it that) is involved with all these ideas, so Jewish studies is just something that is naturally going to happen. I'm also an OT adherent to an extent, though with the Christian understanding (most of the time), therefore I might focus on Jewish/Israel topics.

When will you start to "think" because you have demonstrated a severe lack.

Nothing to see here folks.

Just another uneducated perversion of text WAY out of context
:facepalm:

Lol I've personally attacked no one Sir/Ma'am and I don't know why you want to resort to personal attacks...but if you will, please show everyone the proper context that you allege that I have violated...