• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No proof of god.

There is countless proof there is no god. Even the greatest mind of our time, stephen hawkings (and countless others like eisntien and richard dawkings) know god does not exist. It is a myth just like faries (which some people in the UK believe exist).

So there is plenty of evidence supporting evolution and the big bang. Please provide me with a shread of evidence god DOES exist

- former christian

Edit: There is nothing saying there is no god... but no evidence supporting god either. i'm looking for evidence supporting god.

Last edited:

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
LOL, I am an atheist, but even I never managed to get proof God does not exist. So if you could give me one out of the big pile of "plenty", I'll think about it..

edit: welcome btw :D

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
Your right... it is impossible to disprove god. but there is no proof FOR god. So i am looing for proof of god.
Aha, well looking at your first post I am asuming that you are atheist. This simply means there is no proof for you. You won't see the earth as proof. You won't see humanity as proof, you will see miracles as chance and you will see written books as a way for humans to expand their own religion.

Welcome to my club :D

If there was definate proof for God, there would be no atheists.. And it would hit the rest of the world within seconds as well..

BruceDLimber

No problem whatever!

There is equally no proof of EITHER the existence or the non-existence of God!

That's why religions are called "faiths."

Peace,

Bruce

Dunemeister

There is countless proof there is no god. Even the greatest mind of our time, stephen hawkings (and countless others like eisntien and richard dawkings) know god does not exist. It is a myth just like faries (which some people in the UK believe exist).

So there is plenty of evidence supporting evolution and the big bang. Please provide me with a shread of evidence god DOES exist

- former christian

Edit: There is nothing saying there is no god... but no evidence supporting god either. i'm looking for evidence supporting god.

I suggest you read There Is a God by Antony Flew, former atheist and current deist. e was a leading atheologian for upwards of 50 years. His change of mind was not a result of revelation (he still takes issue with that) nor of worries about death (he still doesn't believe in a soul or an afterlife of any description). Rather, he takes a look at the question from a rigorous scientific and philosophical angle. You may not agree with him after you read, but even if you disagree, you'll have to admit, I think, that the "there's no evidence" claptrap is unwarranted.

Let me ask you something

If you observed an outstanding piece of architecture, then you said 'No man can create that'. However, someone pops up and claims he did it- without revealing himself- only providing written explanation of how he did it.

Would you bother considering this explanation? or would you say 'no, I didn't see him doing it.'

Got my point?:rolleyes:

Well I would know a man had to build it because scientifically speaking, a building of that form and structure cannot naturally form unless enviornmental factors caused the building to form that way. Do you understand what i'm saying? I would believe the envirnment would create such a building if there was evidence which gave proof it formed naturally.

And I would say I am a confused athiest/former thiest who almost wanted to devote himself to priesthood.

Edit: Actually rather than a confused athiest, i'll say this... I am an Athiest who is not sure why so many people in this world believe in this being "god" when there is so much scientific evidence supporting the big bang and evolution... could god have been a result of the big bang? What is god? is he matter? energy? Einstiens theory of relativity basically states that everything must be energy in one form or another.

Last edited:
Actually rather than a confused athiest, i'll say this... I am an Athiest who is not sure why so many people in this world believe in this being "god"when there is so much scientific evidence supporting the big bang and evolution

Because those 'so many' people have found triumph when they believed in God, I mean true and honest belief.

and because science cannot be the ONLY standard by which you measure everything in your life. There is common sense; which suggest that the extremly accurate cration of every single natural thing around us must originate from an almighty creator.

However, the Quran includes 'scientific' proof of God's existense, if that is what you are looking for.

could god have been a result of the big bang? What is god? is he matter? energy? Einstiens theory of relativity basically states that everything must be energy in one form or another.

God is not a result mate, and that what makes him GOD, everything in earth is a result yes, but he is the creator of the results.

The best way to know God...or let me say in your case; the best way to make sure if God does exist or not is by listening to what he said about himself, not to what people(einstein) said about him.

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
Stephen Hawking is an agnostic, not an atheist.
Einstein wasn't an atheist either, which leaves Richard Dawkins as the only "great mind" that "knows God does not exist" remaining on his OP list.

Someone's been reading the God Delusion methinks...

Egyptionboxer104 said:
Einstiens theory of relativity basically states that everything must be energy in one form or another.
Not everything, dimensions of space and time and the force of gravity, for example, are not.

Actually i'm not listening to what other people say about god but rather... looking at the scientific evidence such as the big bang and string theory, and coming to the conclusion that god doesn't exist. the why and the how have been answered by these theories which have been backed up by evidence in nature.

And yes, stephen hawkings is agnostic because it's impossible to prove god doesn't exist. To call onesself an athiest is to completly reject the idea of god entirely.

please look up 'stephen hawkings origin of the universe' on youtube

There is stephen hawkings mocking the idea of religion and explaining why it is impossible for creationism to exist. yeah there may be a god, but he did not create this universe.

Last edited:
Space and time cannot exist without energy and matter. Without mater, time cannot exist. gravity and matter go hand in hand. The universe is a large plain, and when you put an object in this plane, it causes an indentation which is the gravitational force of the object. Without the matter, the gravity could not be. without matter, time and the universe would not exist. The universe is as large as the objects and gravitational pull of the objects.

definition of "agnostic" thanks to google.

Here is the first definition (and the definition i believe used by stephen hawkings):
1) A word first used by Professor Huxley, to indicate one who believes nothing which cannot be demonstrated by the senses.

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
Space and time cannot exist without energy and matter... Without mater, time cannot exist... without matter, time and the universe would not exist.
And you base these conclusions on...?

gravity and matter go hand in hand. The universe is a large plain, and when you put an object in this plane, it causes an indentation which is the gravitational force of the object. Without the matter, the gravity could not be.
I know, but that doesn't make gravity "energy in one form or another" though does it.

The universe is as large as the objects and gravitational pull of the objects.
Again, what are you basing this conclusion on?

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
definition of "agnostic" thanks to google.

Here is the first definition (and the definition i believe used by stephen hawkings):
1) A word first used by Professor Huxley, to indicate one who believes nothing which cannot be demonstrated by the senses.
If you want to try out a philosophical position that really gels with reality as we can perceive it, why not try Ignosticism.