• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama's performance and global instability

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Why even have a legislative branch of government if we are not going to enforce the rule of law?

Selective enforcement is corruption plain and simple.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
So it is unusual for the POTUS to earn a mandate?
By this sudden crying over Obama's mandate, no. Slim victories are hardly a rarity, and when Reps had their victories in '10, under the new mandate guidelines, a large amount of those victories did not grant a mandate. It seems more like just being a sore loser than anything that has any sort of historical validity. Throughout America's history, such "slim" victory margins are far from rare, and there have been many that have had an even slimmer margin.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Big difference between staying out of other countries and not securing your own borders.

Much more scary is who is entering illegally. More than just children from South America.

Hogwash....

Everyone that's been detained at the b order whether it was in the was past, the present or in the future was/is/will be screened, and "processed"....This means they're fingerprinted, photographed as well as other identification methods. It doesn't matter if they've come here legally, illegally or the recent refugees who actually wanted to be taken into custody by the border patrol. So we have Border Patrol, Customs as wells as other Homeland Security agents taking people into custody....https://oig.hhs.gov/fraud/fugitives/captured_profiles.asp

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Hogwash....

Everyone that's been detained at the b order whether it was in the was past, the present or in the future was/is/will be screened, and "processed"....This means they're fingerprinted, photographed as well as other identification methods. It doesn't matter if they've come here legally, illegally or the recent refugees who actually wanted to be taken into custody by the border patrol. So we have Border Patrol, Customs as wells as other Homeland Security agents taking people into custody....https://oig.hhs.gov/fraud/fugitives/captured_profiles.asp
I'm more afraid of American police than I am of anything that I will ever encounter that comes from Mexico. Immigrants are largely just trying to find a better life; far too many police are trying to ruin or end ours.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
I'm more afraid of American police than I am of anything that I will ever encounter that comes from Mexico. Immigrants are largely just trying to find a better life; far too many police are trying to ruin or end ours.

Yep...I agree.....I've posted a few things over in the (Is America a police state) thread about police actions and killings...

esmith

Veteran Member
Hogwash....

You make a point but it is basically an invalid point. Even if they are "processed" does not mean anything. How many overstay their Visas and nothing is done?
John Carter claim that 40 percent of nation's illegal residents came by plane and overstayed visas draws on 2006 estimate | PolitiFact Texas
Many People in U.S. Illegally Overstayed Their Visas - WSJ
40% of Illegal Immigrants Overstayed Visas
Once an illegal is lose in the country their odds of being "caught" are almost nil. To the point of overstaying a Visa, there is no policy to track their exit from the country.
Therefore my point is fix the issue of a porous border before anything else is done. This "comprehensive immigration reform" is nothing but political grandstanding. Tackle one problem at a time. Look what happens when the government attempts to tackle a major issue....health care.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
You make a point but it is basically an invalid point. Even if they are "processed" does not mean anything. How many overstay their Visas and nothing is done?
Once an illegal is lose in the country their odds of being "caught" are almost nil. To the point of overstaying a Visa, there is no policy to track their exit from the country.
Therefore my point is fix the issue of a porous border before anything else is done. This "comprehensive immigration reform" is nothing but political grandstanding. Tackle one problem at a time. Look what happens when the government attempts to tackle a major issue....health care.

But in "YOUR" attempt to make a point you simply showed us that you don't care for the "context" of the conversation between myself and Rev. Rick and in your attempt..you're changing the subject...a subject that has nothing, once again, to do with the OP nor our conversation. Re. Rick was actually talking about criminals entering the country. My response highlighted the fact that people are in fact caught at the border and by other means of entering the country and anyone who shows up at the border wanting entry or sneaking in but gets caught is processed, photographed and fingerprinted.. I'm debating whether or not people entering the country through border patrol can simply stroll on in and that's not how it works. Each one of your links headlines are talking about people who entered to the country...seemingly in a legal way, but over stayed when their visa ran out. I don't have a problem with people being returned/deported if the enter the country legally but do something illegally that would violate their stay. You must have me confused with someone else.

Last edited: