• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Obama's proposal to go back to the 1967 borders

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Palestinian initiative is pointed directly towards U.N recognition of statehood. If the Palestinians succeed in cleaning house and gaining international legitimacy (as has been the case with India's own surprise approval of the reconciliation between the two major parties) there will be ever increasining pressure on Israel to cease its expansionist aims.
You are right, generally speaking.
A bit dishonest, governments naturally fear upheaval. However, in this specific case that does not hold. The Egyptians sure don't seem to agree with you, nor the Jordanians, nor the general opinion of the modern day Arab.
I think you are overlooking the general men and women of the middle east. status quo is practically the bread of the middle east.

Last edited:

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
you are right. its not uncommon today for arabs and israelis to do politics, business, trade, and scientific research.

Unfortunately, international trade and commerce did not prevent World War I from occurring as the liberal (in an international relations sense) intelligentsia from had asserted it would. Total war was considered obsolete and a relic of the nineteenth century, not the glorious enlightened twentieth century.

Yes, Caladan, I am living in a Biblical era.
And you, Darkness and others are living in a Secular Humanist era.

Many Muslims are still living in the 7th century, and look how many problems that has caused. So, it always worries me when somebody says they live in an ancient epoch.

You tell me to stop? I will only stop when the Palestinans and other Islamic nations stop whining and blaming all their troubles on the Jews.
You ask, "which nations." Any who would seek to harm Israel!
It will always be an "apples/oranges debate unless all parties base their arguments on the same sources.

And it would be nice if people did not blame U.S. foreign policy for every ill under the sun.

The God of Torah is my primary resource. I believe the words of Torah and the prophecies in Tanakh.
Therefore, I need not defend that which I did not write.

If I use A.C. Grayling's the Good Book: A Humanist Bible, am I exempt from having to prove any of my arguments/claims?

Those prophecies state, unequivacally, that the surrounding nations of Israel's enemies will be decimated.

I have read some of the minor and major prophets. Even if it is truth, it is written in acid trip language, so it is pretty much impossible to discern the true meaning of the words.

Darkness: "An Arab League united against Israel in an all out war is SO 1960's."
Yes, but what is your point? Is it that we are far too civilized now to believe that Islam no longer wants to drive the Jews into the sea?
Can you make an intelligent argument or are you limited to platitudes?
Read the news!

I enjoy reading the New York Times, the Guardian and Ha'aretz.I think the Ayatollahs in Iran, for instance, believe that the Jews should be driven into the sea, but that the younger generations growing up in the Middle East do not care much about Holy Wars.