• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fill in the blank: _________ obey God's orders.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

King Phenomenon

FYI You’ll get a lot of people respond with other answers. People Don’t actually like to answer anyones questions here. Haha

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I won't follow any orders just because they're orders. I might if I think they're worth following.
Ordered to help my neighbors? Well I was planning on doing that anyway but sure!
Ordered to ostracize a marginalized group for not fitting the status quo, eg gay people? No, I won't be doing that.
Follow instructions without question, reservation or boundaries? Nope, that's why I never signed up for the military.

Daemon Sophic

Look on his profile. I think he’s catholic Also I think he’s mentioned the word Catholic quite a few times
Yes, I know. But my question is meant to be more of the rhetorical sort, so that he might learn.

This sort of polling, asking for a US theocracy, is not uncommon in these forums. It is common for many people of religious orientation to mistakenly think that everyone must know (and follow) THEIR religion. They don’t consider the viewpoints of people with differing religions, and/or philosophies.

Therefore, the questions of myself and @ChristineM remain.

Last edited:

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I won't follow any orders just because they're orders. I might if I think they're worth following.
Ordered to help my neighbors? Well I was planning on doing that anyway but sure!
Ordered to ostracize a marginalized group for not fitting the status quo, eg gay people? No, I won't be doing that.
Follow instructions without question, reservation or boundaries? Nope, that's why I never signed up for the military.

^ What she said.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

Off topic I know.

But this thought puts my hackles up. You are absolutely allowed to disobey any order that is unlawful in the military.