• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

On Evolution & Creation

Audie

Veteran Member
If that were true, don't you think scientists who actually study this stuff for a living and who are far more qualified then you to evaluate these things would draw the same conclusion?

I have no idea how you think any of these things would lead to the conclusions you mentioned in that post.
Those may be immutable laws but nobody knows.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Bi

There are those here that make pronouncements as if I am always wrong no matter what a scientist says...some will simply not admit that scientists truly do not know how life started....
No, that happens when you demonstrate that you are wrong. You do that far too often. It only seems like it is all of the time. And there is a cure.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There are those here that make pronouncements as if I am always wrong no matter what a scientist says...some will simply not admit that scientists truly do not know how life started....
But at least they're actively looking for the explanation, the practice of reasoned enquiry.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you truly do not know how life started, and you have the additional complication of not knowing how magic works either.

Audie

Veteran Member
That would be a good start for you. How many times have I had to correct you when you falsely accused others of "speculation" and other wrongs that you had no evidence of?
I’m putting both you on ig.

if this is still going on in a month I’ll just
let it run.

icant

Yes, the concentrated chemicals could be deadly for today's life. But that is now what would have formed. Nor would they be that concentrated. And even worse, the chemicals probably did not come from rainclouds in the first place. The most likely source today is oceanic rifts.
When did oceans begin to exist?

Was it before or after all the material that decomposed and formed the trillions of barrels of oil that is up to five miles below the ocean floor? There is a lot of rock on top of that oil.

Enjoy,
Nope. Not all all. It is pity that you do not understand logic.
I thought I could do a fair job with logic.
If I go out and see a pool of oil under my truck, I don't jump to the conclusion my truck evolved from oil.
If I go out in the field and see a bunch of weeds springing up I don't jump to the conclusion the weeds evolved from the ground.
I could go on a long time but I think you can use your logic and understand what I am saying and the point.
Just because something is possible does not make it true, If it did you would believe that God created man like He said he did.

Enjoy,

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
When did oceans begin to exist?

Not that long after the crust cooled. Possibly within 100 million years of when the Earth first formed.
Was it before or after all the material that decomposed and formed the trillions of barrels of oil that is up to five miles below the ocean floor? There is a lot of rock on top of that oil.

It was billions of years before that.

Huh? That is a weird statement. We can tell where oil came from. In fact the knowledge of how it formed is essential in finding producing wells.
I thought I could do a fair job with logic.

So far you have shown that you cannot do so.
If I go out and see a pool of oil under my truck, I don't jump to the conclusion my truck evolved from oil.

Well that is good because that would be illogical. Yet you cannot see how logic supports evolution. You have already demonstrated that you do not understand logic.
If I go out in the field and see a bunch of weeds springing up I don't jump to the conclusion the weeds evolved from the ground.

See above.
I could go on a long time but I think you can use your logic and understand what I am saying and the point.

Wait a second, you forgot that you do not understand logic. And this is not "my logic". You are trying to use extreme strawman arguments and anyone that understands logic at all knows that those are logical fallacies.
Just because something is possible does not make it true, If it did you would believe that God created man like He said he did.

Enjoy,
Dude, you do not know how to reason. You keep assuming that others are as ignorant as you are. You should be trying to learn how evolution works. You cannot refute that which you do not understand.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
If you can't create life from chemicals it did not ever happen. That is what evidence is for and why scientist do experiments.

Enjoy,
No, this is another logical fail on your part. It does not matter where life came from in the theory of evolution. Perhaps a magical being magically poofed the first life into existence. Now this is extremely unlikely, but since the evidence supports evolution and your version of God would have to be a lying God and that is self refuting according to most Christians a magic poofing is far more likely than a recent poofing with that poofer then creating false evidence that shows that there was no poofing.

Also if abiogenesis took millions or even only tens of years then it could easily be impossible to replicated in the laboratory where one has a much more limited time to run experiments. So not being able to make life in the lab in no way at all refutes abiogenesis. You need to try to reason a bit better.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I thought it was more like 500, million years.

Enjoy,
That is why I said "possibly". The math is rather complex so there is still debate about it.

Your question appears to be rather pointless. Was their any purpose to it at all? It is rather obvious that around 3.8 billion years ago was when life began.

icant

No, this is another logical fail on your part. It does not matter where life came from in the theory of evolution. Perhaps a magical being magically poofed the first life into existence. Now this is extremely unlikely, but since the evidence supports evolution and your version of God would have to be a lying God and that is self refuting according to most Christians a magic poofing is far more likely than a recent poofing with that poofer then creating false evidence that shows that there was no poofing.
But that is exactly what your are claiming that it just poofed into existence all by itself.

Also if abiogenesis took millions or even only tens of years then it could easily be impossible to replicated in the laboratory where one has a much more limited time to run experiments. So not being able to make life in the lab in no way at all refutes abiogenesis. You need to try to reason a bit better.
Then you will never be able to satisfy where life on earth came from and will not know whether you are teaching a lie or the truth because you will not have the facts. Yet eveloution is being taught today as if indeed it is a fact now. Do you know the consequences of being wrong and teaching such a lie would be. Because those who teach evolution take a higher being out of the equation. Wasn't that what Einstein did to a formular to make it say what he wanted it to say?

Enjoy,

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
But that is exactly what your are claiming that it just poofed into existence all by itself.

No, it is not. When events happen due to the laws of nature it is incorrect to claim that it is "by accident'. "Oh look, an incredibly complex snowflake formed by accident" Does that sound like a reasonable thing to say?
Then you will never be able to satisfy where life on earth came from and will not know whether you are teaching a lie or the truth because you will not have the facts. Yet eveloution is being taught today as if indeed it is a fact now. Do you know the consequences of being wrong and teaching such a lie would be. Because those who teach evolution take a higher being out of the equation. Wasn't that what Einstein did to a formular to make it say what he wanted it to say?

Enjoy,
Well not with 100% surety, but as you should know there is no such thing as an "absolute fact". Your religion relies upon that heavily.

Here is the problem, you know far far less if you are teaching a lie or teaching the truth because you have no rational way to test your faith and correct it if it is wrong. Almost all of your claims about others are actual descriptions of your own beliefs.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Life was formed from the dust of the ground.

Enjoy,
How would you test that? How would you confirm that? A book of myths that again and again tells us that God is evil, vain, and immoral and incompetent does not appear to be a rather reliable source.