• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

On Evolution & Creation

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
The annual accretion of thickness added to earth by accretion is approximately 0.07 to 0.14 micrometers (0.07 to 0.14 x 10^-6 meters).
Minimum time: ( \frac{8,046.72 \text{ meters}}{0.14 \times 10^{-6} \text{ meters/year}} \approx. 57.48 \times 10^9 \text{ years} )
Maximum time: ( \frac{8,046.72 \text{ meters}}{0.07 \times 10^{-6} \text{ meters/year}} \approx. 114.95 \times 10^9 \text{ years} )
So, it would take approximately 57.48 to 114.95 billion years to add a thickness of 5 miles to the Earth’s surface through accretion at the current rate.
Taking the smaller number there would not be enough time in 4 times the amount of time to cover the oil 5 miles deep under the crust of the ocean floor.

Maybe they did not do the math.

Now maybe you can see why I question everything about our universe.

Enjoy,

Your figures don't take into account tectonic uplift.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
To treat medical issues, I would assume.
And why is that -- do you think maybe they don't want to get sick or sicker? And...die? Humans will take their dogs to the vet. Dogs have not sent other dogs to veterinary schools.

YoursTrue

Of course I am an evolutionist. There isn't really any dispute there for me to take sides about.

I expect fact to be respected over fantasy.
Ok I wasn't talking about your belief necessarily. Just the term evolutionist. Some object to the term. I believe that "in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." Obviously not everyone believes in God the same way As we can see here.

YoursTrue

Of course I am an evolutionist. There isn't really any dispute there for me to take sides about.

I don't think the concept of creation is a fantasy. I believe much of what some (not all) scientists ponder over falls in the realm of fantastical beliefs.

YoursTrue

Me too. But sometimes people ponder over what may be ..or might have been. Ok have a good night. Bye for now.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Life was formed from the dust of the ground.

Enjoy,
No, that was the view of one particular group in one particular region roughly 2,500 years ago. They were followers of a god who first appears in history around 1500 BCE.

There is good evidence ─ of a standard satisfactory to science ─ that life existed on earth more than three billion years ago.

But thank you for your kind wish. May you enjoy too.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
And why is that -- do you think maybe they don't want to get sick or sicker? And...die? Humans will take their dogs to the vet. Dogs have not sent other dogs to veterinary schools.

And that connects to this thread because...?

Ok I wasn't talking about your belief necessarily. Just the term evolutionist. Some object to the term. I believe that "in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." Obviously not everyone believes in God the same way As we can see here.

And that is relevant because...?

I don't know of objection to the term. Why would that happen?

I don't think the concept of creation is a fantasy. I believe much of what some (not all) scientists ponder over falls in the realm of fantastical beliefs.

Then you have an urgent need to learn better.

Me too. But sometimes people ponder over what may be ..or might have been. Ok have a good night. Bye for now.

This pointless statement is a waste of our time.

@LuisDantas Ok I change that to fantastical possibilities. Maybe not beliefs.

I thought we were to talk about evolution and Creationism?

Seriously, what is your point?

YoursTrue

Sorry, I was trying to bring out that I believe in creation by God and I also believe that there are mechanisms like DNA and RNA that He set in place.

YoursTrue

P.S. not all those who believe in creation by a Higher Power believe the same things. For instance, some believe that the soul leaves the body and goes into another body when the person dies perhaps so it can become a bit complicated to talk about. They may also say they believe in evolution. It's probably best to discuss these things on an individual basis.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
How would you test them?

They are your beliefs. You have to find a way to test them yourself. Or are you asking in general? I can help with that. You would not like my tests since they would refute them.
That is just as much to go on as you have.
No, please try to be serious.
Is it a false claim, to question what existed at one billionth of a second after nothing existed.
Remember nothing exists outside of the universe as it is self-contained, or do you disagree that it is self-contained?
On billionth of a second for something to begin to exist and start expanding into the universe just seems impossible to me. But that's just me and my little pea sized brain.

There never was nothing in Big Bang theories. And yes, the theory is very hard to understand fully for anyone. It has math far beyond my abilities. But trying to say something is false simply because you do not understand something is foolish. By that standard god does not exist. You refute your own basic beliefs when you reason that way.
Is asking the question, where the universe come from a false claim?
Is asking where life came from a false claim?
Is questioning experiments a false?

No, but it is often deflection, or even dishonesty.
No, you can show me how you think, not know that we are the product of evolution.

Is questioning science period a false claim?

Enjoy,
You do not know that. Or you just admitted that you cannot be honest. If you can be honest I can show you how we know that evolution is a fact.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The annual accretion of thickness added to earth by accretion is approximately 0.07 to 0.14 micrometers (0.07 to 0.14 x 10^-6 meters).
Minimum time: ( \frac{8,046.72 \text{ meters}}{0.14 \times 10^{-6} \text{ meters/year}} \approx. 57.48 \times 10^9 \text{ years} )
Maximum time: ( \frac{8,046.72 \text{ meters}}{0.07 \times 10^{-6} \text{ meters/year}} \approx. 114.95 \times 10^9 \text{ years} )
So, it would take approximately 57.48 to 114.95 billion years to add a thickness of 5 miles to the Earth’s surface through accretion at the current rate.
Taking the smaller number there would not be enough time in 4 times the amount of time to cover the oil 5 miles deep under the crust of the ocean floor.

Maybe they did not do the math.

Now maybe you can see why I question everything about our universe.

Enjoy,
What? Your post makes no sense at all.. What are you trying to argue here?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
That is only because you refuse to learn the basics of science. You have never been able to support your anti science claims. You don't even try.