• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

On Evolution & Creation

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
sure there is evidence, you just have to honestly look at it
evidence? or conjecture. which is it about fruit flies. I don't mind if you personally can explain which you read and as you believe. From the beginning of the origin of fruit flies, how long they've been around that you know of that can be proved.

YoursTrue

nothing in the reply that @Tiberius wrote, say anything about birds.

When he did mentioned birds, it was in a separate post.

Tiberius didn’t compare the fruit flies to the birds, or vice versa, so stop lying.
I'm asking about it, neither you or Tiberius has to answer of course.

YoursTrue

Wow, now you are expert in biochemistry & molecular biology.

The only “fussy mess”, are your ignorance on the subject, and your refusal to learn. Conjecturing is one thing, but pretending that you’re biologist or biochemist is another thing.
Well, it's been interesting just to make sure of things. So, according to one account, "The spark passed through the mixture of gases and water vapor, simulating lightning. A condenser below the gas chamber allowed acqueous solution to accumulate into a U-shaped trap at the bottom of the apparatus, which was sampled"

YoursTrue

Your use of the phrase "If there was evidence beyond a shadow of a doubt I would believe it." betrays your intent that no matter what evidence is presented no matter how well supported you would choose to deny the evidence and make false claims about it.
Not true, but if you say it, it must be true, right?

YoursTrue

Wow, now you are expert in biochemistry & molecular biology.

The only “fussy mess”, are your ignorance on the subject, and your refusal to learn. Conjecturing is one thing, but pretending that you’re biologist or biochemist is another thing.
No, I'm learning from you people who claim to know and believe in the science of evolution. And biological processes so well. There's more but maybe I'll get into that later. Have a good night, gnostic. :) et al.

Argentbear

evidence? or conjecture. which is it about fruit flies. I don't mind if you personally can explain which you read and as you believe. From the beginning of the origin of fruit flies, how long they've been around that you know of that can be proved.
please note that I said one has to honestly look at the evidence

YoursTrue

The point is that if you go back far enough, fruit flies and birds have a common ancestor. And you definitely wouldn't call it a bird, and you wouldn't call it a fruit fly either.
No one has seen these things happen as scientists say they have.

icant

I believe she did break God's instruction. She believed what the devil using the serpent to approach her said. She did what she knew God said not to do.
The man formed from the ground was given a command not to eat the fruit. God never commanded the woman she could not eat the fruit.

When you say Adam and Eve which man and woman are you talking about?
Man #1 formed from the ground who was placed in a Garden to tend it. In the process of duration God took a bone from the side of the man and made a woman.

Or the man and woman created in Genesis 1:27 in the image of God, at the same time, was never placed in a garden, was never forbidden to eat of any fruit tree. In fact they were told they could eat from every tree and told to go forth and multiply and replenish the earth.

That should give you something to ponder over.

Enjoy,

Astrophile

So fruit flies remain fruit flies even though they produce various species of -- fruit flies. So far as has been observed. Thank you.
There are about 4000 species in the family Drosophilidae, or 'small fruit flies' - Drosophilidae - Wikipedia . These species are all descended from a common ancestor. However, since none of them have changed into anything but 'small fruit flies', this diversity of species is not evolution.

There are about 6400 species of mammals - Mammal - Wikipedia. These species have all descended from a common ancestor. I grant you that, to our eyes, a dolphin, a pipistrelle, a zebra and a lemur are less alike than any four species of fruit flies. However, since none of them have changed into anything but mammals, this diversity of species is not evolution.
So glad you say flies are insects. Being you know so much more than I do about the process, is it said that insects were not always insects or that insects become something other than insects? I mean it is taught by evolutionists that fish became humans in the long run. How about insects? Do they say that insects evolved to something other than insects, although of course, some do profess that humans are fish, so whatever you say -- could be the current scientific thinking. Thanks, gnostic. Take care.
Yes, humans and all other mammals evolved from fish. However, fish and humans are both vertebrates. Vertebrates have not changed into anything but vertebrates, any more than fruit flies have changed into anything other than fruit flies.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
There are about 4000 species in the family Drosophilidae, or 'small fruit flies' - Drosophilidae - Wikipedia . These species are all descended from a common ancestor. However, since none of them have changed into anything but 'small fruit flies', this diversity of species is not evolution.

There are about 6400 species of mammals - Mammal - Wikipedia. These species have all descended from a common ancestor. I grant you that, to our eyes, a dolphin, a pipistrelle, a zebra and a lemur are less alike than any four species of fruit flies. However, since none of them have changed into anything but mammals, this diversity of species is not evolution.

Yes, humans and all other mammals evolved from fish. However, fish and humans are both vertebrates. Vertebrates have not changed into anything but vertebrates, any more than fruit flies have changed into anything other than fruit flies.

Overstated.

A better and more accurate approach is this: Evolution involves diversity within a species, each evolving in their own way, only some of which may evolve into new species.

YoursTrue

The man formed from the ground was given a command not to eat the fruit. God never commanded the woman she could not eat the fruit.

When you say Adam and Eve which man and woman are you talking about?
Man #1 formed from the ground who was placed in a Garden to tend it. In the process of duration God took a bone from the side of the man and made a woman.

Or the man and woman created in Genesis 1:27 in the image of God, at the same time, was never placed in a garden, was never forbidden to eat of any fruit tree. In fact they were told they could eat from every tree and told to go forth and multiply and replenish the earth.

That should give you something to ponder over.

Enjoy,
Thanks It is recognized from the conversation with Eve in the account in Genesis chapter 3 that Adam told her. She knew when she spoke to the serpent she was not supposed to eat from the tree. And that is an interesting point you bring up, because while it is clear she knew what God said, yes, He told Adam and Adam would have told Eve because -- she knew.

Last edited:

YoursTrue

Let's try to settle one thing if possible at a time. The thousands of species of fruit flies isn't considered evolution? Why not?

Pogo

niggle, the diversity is evolution, just not what she and others think evolution is. Yes mammals are mammals and now there are 6k + and all those who have gone extinct etc.

icant

Thanks It is recognized from the conversation with Eve in the account in Genesis chapter 3 that Adam told her. She knew when she spoke to the serpent she was not supposed to eat from the tree. And that is an interesting point you bring up, because while it is clear she knew what God said, yes, He told Adam and Adam would have told Eve because -- she knew.

But the woman was not given a command that if she ate the fruit she would die, and she was not around as God had not formed her from a bone from the man at that time. So, she did not sin by breaking Gods Law.

If she sinned and brought sin into the world why did Paul say:

Rom 5:12
Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

If the woman had sinned she would have brought sin into the world not the man.

Then Paul would have to say: "as by one woman sin entered into the world, and death by sin..."

Enjoy,