• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

On Evolution & Creation

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I read your post and responded to it.

1729301000984.gif

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
That is an easy one.

Moses spent 40 days and nights on the mount with God in the wilderness not just once but twice in a row.
When Moses started back the second time God told him to write all these things down in a book, which he did. God explained it to Moses and he wrote it down for us to have.

Enjoy,
I agree. Yet the language at the time may have different syntax and use of application. I fully expect that Adam (and possibly Eve) spoke to their children about how they were created and what happened. And why they were banished from the paradise they had been in.

walt

Jesus is King & Mighty God Isa.9:6-7; Lk.1:32-33
We can observe everyday the cat species evolving into hundreds of different cats, not over millions of years, every 24 hours.

So many species on earth, but we never observe one species evolving into another species. For example the species that evolved into the cat species. What were they called?

Attachments

• 72ac93072aeb58b5d4b6d56b9203eb39.jpg
    72ac93072aeb58b5d4b6d56b9203eb39.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

icant

agree. Yet the language at the time may have different syntax and use of application. I fully expect that Adam (and possibly Eve) spoke to their children about how they were created and what happened. And why they were banished from the paradise they had been in.
All you have to do is look at my avatar to see what the written Hebrew language looked like in Moses Day.
It had no vowels, verbs always preceded the subject of the verb, and a lot more rules. I think I have 5 books on syntax plus many more on my computer.

Enjoy,

YoursTrue

All you have to do is look at my avatar to see what the written Hebrew language looked like in Moses Day.
It had no vowels, verbs always preceded the subject of the verb, and a lot more rules. I think I have 5 books on syntax plus many more on my computer.

Enjoy,
OK, yes I can recognize some current Hebrew letters and I do know but have not studied much about early Hebrew vs current Hebrew. Although I do believe that the pronunciation was different than it is today.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
We can observe everyday the cat species evolving into hundreds of different cats, not over millions of years, every 24 hours.

So you agree with evolution but put limits on it?

So many species on earth, but we never observe one species evolving into another species. For example the species that evolved into the cat species. What were they called?

That's not correct and it actually poses a problem for evolution because it happened so quickly.

walt

So you agree with evolution but put limits on it?

That's not correct and it actually poses a problem for evolution because it happened so quickly.

James Tour, a prominent chemist, publicly expresses skepticism regarding the idea that species directly evolve into entirely new species, often arguing that the complexity of life and the mechanisms of evolution are not fully understood, particularly when it comes to the origin of life, and that the scientific evidence does not definitively support the idea of large-scale evolutionary leaps between distinct species.

There is over 1,000 Scientists that signed a paper..

Last edited:

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
James Tour, a prominent chemist, publicly expresses skepticism regarding the idea that species directly evolve into entirely new species, often arguing that the complexity of life and the mechanisms of evolution are not fully understood, particularly when it comes to the origin of life, and that the scientific evidence does not definitively support the idea of large-scale evolutionary leaps between distinct species.

There is over 1,000 scientists that signed a paper, that agree with James Tour"s view.

I'm not sure how that addresses my question. Did you even bother looking at the link?

YoursTrue

ah -- I love cats. That touches on a very soft spot with me when I see cats. Love 'em.

YoursTrue

@walt - I'm a little afraid of tigers, though. And some cats yes can scratch and bite. I'm not so fond of fish as pets and I read that one tourist was eaten by a shark recently. I do eat tuna and salmon and sardines. I think some people eat shark also. I have not tried it and am not particularly looking forward to it.

walt

@walt - I'm a little afraid of tigers, though. And some cats yes can scratch and bite. I'm not so fond of fish as pets and I read that one tourist was eaten by a shark recently. I do eat tuna and salmon and sardines. I think some people eat shark also. I have not tried it and am not particularly looking forward to it.
fish is one of the best sources for vitamin D and iodine.

YoursTrue

That is an easy one.

Moses spent 40 days and nights on the mount with God in the wilderness not just once but twice in a row.
When Moses started back the second time God told him to write all these things down in a book, which he did. God explained it to Moses and he wrote it down for us to have.

Enjoy,
Which reminds me that Moses spent 40 years in Midian after he left Egypt and before he returned to the Israelites. Had a lot of time to think. It was a long journey he took across wilderness territory to get to Midian, where he sought refuge. And at a well, he helped those suffering injustice. Shepherds drove away the seven daughters of Jethro and their flock, but Moses delivered the women and watered the flocks for them. As a result he was invited to Jethro’s house, where he entered Jethro’s employment as a shepherd for his flocks and eventually married one of Jethro’s daughters, Zipporah, who bore him two sons, Gershom and Eliezer. Glad you reminded me of that. Found at Exodus 2 and 18.

Pogo

There is over 1,000 Scientists that signed a paper..

Yes we know all about the Disco Tutes silly list of people who answered a question that was so misleading that even darwin could have said yes, For an example of actual scientists in the field (not dentists etc as in your example) See Project Steve,

walt

Dimi95

Χριστός ἀνέστη
Oh, I believe in evolution just not your brand of evolution.
Your brand of evolution requires life to begin to exist from non-life. Do you actually believe non-life can produce life?
My brand?
That's not a brand , that's science.
And that question is a misconception.
I can just reverse it to inorganic and organic.

If so, show me the evidence.
Ofc, that's chemistry.
You can look up for Dr. James Tour and his examples and 'challanges' to abiogenesis.
All the elements are there , but nobody knows how they make 'life'.Even he does not know , he sees that the elements are there , but just because nobody has done untill know , it is not possible.
So we don't know the exact procces , in terms of chemistry, but we know in theory.
Science starts with theory..
However , i personally think that there are few who understand what abiogenesis means.

Those who want to re-make life are not worth of reading.
The chemistry happens under certain conditions , which is in deep water.
The pressure in deep water is at least 250x greater then at sea level.

Here educate yourself

You too