• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One God, One Saviour the Creator

One God, One Saviour the Creator

JC did NOT claim divinity...in fact, he refused the title. If we cannot trust him as an authority, who can we trust?

JC did not stop people from WORSHIPING Him. Worship is only allowed upon Almighty God.
1 Thessalonians 1:8-10Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
8 The Lord’s teaching has spread from you throughout Greece and beyond. In fact, your faith in God has become known everywhere, so we never have to tell anyone about it. 9 People everywhere are already telling the story about the good way you accepted us when we were there with you. They tell about how you stopped worshiping idols and changed to serve the living and true God.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
:cool: Oh this is just great! I love seeing people protect despots! Saying Jesus loves me is like saying Charles Manson wants to help me in life. Except Jesus is worst

Sariel

Heretic
I don't UNDERSTAND why some CHRISTIANS on this SITE feel so COMPELLED to use CAPS randomly.
rlz4ib.png

Proskynio in Greek doesn't always mean worship in Greek, it was also used in reference to honoring royalty or people of high status.
JC did not stop people from WORSHIPING Him. Worship is only allowed upon Almighty God.
1 Thessalonians 1:8-10Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
8 The Lord’s teaching has spread from you throughout Greece and beyond. In fact, your faith in God has become known everywhere, so we never have to tell anyone about it. 9 People everywhere are already telling the story about the good way you accepted us when we were there with you. They tell about how you stopped worshiping idols and changed to serve the living and true God.

With all the different Religions around the World none is based on Gods instructions in Isaiah, to keep his Sabbaths and to Praise him, to do good and resist evil, not to have Graven Images. Then top it all off with the Faith that there's One God, One Saviour our Creator the God of Noah, Moses, Abraham and Jesus

So?

JM2C

CHRISTIAN
Oh, goody. Nothing I love more than another Christian coming along and telling us that Jews aren't understanding Jewish scripture properly, and aren't following it. I'm sure there'll be some fun follow-up post where we get told how Jesus came along and waved his hands and transformed Judaism into Christianity, making us Jews obsolete, and we'll probably go to hell anyway. I'm so excited, maybe I'll make popcorn.
Coming from a Levite? Really? Where is the temple, the sacrifice, the offering? Can you really trace your genealogy all the way to Aaron?

roger1440

I do stuff
Yes, from Isaiah. A light hit my Bible when I wouldn't accept the Trinity and that Jesus was God. My Bible was opened to Isaiah 42, Behold my Servant. After the light I felt guided to mark my Bible. I'm compiling the verses, I can't load it all at one time as it's over 10,000 characters. There's also some in Jeremiah. This was in 1980 and has never been far off my mind. Would you like to start a conversation? I'm guessing I could load all at one time. I'm having a little trouble keeping up with who replies and to what they are repling to.

In the birth narrative of Jesus found in the Gospel of Matthew, the wise men are guided by a star over Bethlehem. Because of the three gifts presented to the infant Jesus, tradition holds that there were three wise men. There are various ways to interpret this story. The three wise men may represent the three theological virtues of faith, hope and love. It is these virtues alone that should be our guide to lead us to God or to lead us into the light. The word Bethlehem literality means house of bread. This house of bread is not filled with pumpernickel, rye or whole wheat bread. This bread will fill our heart, soul and mind with God. Our journey must follow the same root as the wise men. We can take nothing with us.

Saint John of the Cross had written something similar during the 16th century. He is one of the 25 doctors of the Catholic Church. Care must be taken when it comes to visions or anything else dealing with the supernatural. I’m not Catholic but I can appreciate the insight of this man. Friday I had to spend the night in the hospital. Of all the books I could have brought with me I had decided on bringing the collected works of Saint John of the Cross.

Take the time and read this:
Ascent of Mount Carmel/Book 3/Chapter XXXI - Wikisource, the free online library
John of the Cross - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Amazon.com: The Collected Works of St. John of the Cross (9780935216141): Saint John of the Cross, Kieran Kavanaugh, Otilio Rodriguez: Books

41j64PsKgSL.jpg

look3467

Premium Member
From God, through Isaiah for all Mankind. A new Covenant
Isaiah 45:11-23
Thus saith the Lord, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands command ye me.
12 I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded.

13 I have raised him up in righteousness, and I will direct all his ways: he shall build my city, and he shall let go my captives, not for price nor reward, saith the Lord of hosts.

14 Thus saith the Lord, The labour of Egypt, and merchandise of Ethiopia and of the Sabeans, men of stature, shall come over unto thee, and they shall be thine: they shall come after thee; in chains they shall come over, and they shall fall down unto thee, they shall make supplication unto thee, saying, Surely God is in thee; and there is none else, there is no God.

15 Verily thou art a God that hidest thyself, O God of Israel, the Saviour.

16 They shall be ashamed, and also confounded, all of them: they shall go to confusion together that are makers of idols.

17 But Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

18 For thus saith the Lord that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the Lord; and there is none else.

19 I have not spoken in secret, in a dark place of the earth: I said not unto the seed of Jacob, Seek ye me in vain: I the Lord speak righteousness, I declare things that are right.

20 Assemble yourselves and come; draw near together, ye that are escaped of the nations: they have no knowledge that set up the wood of their graven image, and pray unto a god that cannot save.

21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the Lord? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.

23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.
Isaiah 46: 3-13
Hearken unto me, O house of Jacob, and all the remnant of the house of Israel, which are borne by me from the belly, which are carried from the womb:
4 And even to your old age I am he; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you.

5 To whom will ye liken me, and make me equal, and compare me, that we may be like?

6 They lavish gold out of the bag, and weigh silver in the balance, and hire a goldsmith; and he maketh it a god: they fall down, yea, they worship.

7 They bear him upon the shoulder, they carry him, and set him in his place, and he standeth; from his place shall he not remove: yea, one shall cry unto him, yet can he not answer, nor save him out of his trouble.

8 Remember this, and shew yourselves men: bring it again to mind, O ye transgressors.

9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,

10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

11 Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.

12 Hearken unto me, ye stouthearted, that are far from righteousness:

13 I bring near my righteousness; it shall not be far off, and my salvation shall not tarry: and I will place salvation in Zion for Israel my glory.
Isaiah 55:3
Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.
Isaiah 42:6
I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;
Isaiah 43: 10-11
Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
11 I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no Saviour.
With all the different Religions around the World none is based on Gods instructions in Isaiah, to keep his Sabbaths and to Praise him, to do good and resist evil, not to have Graven Images. Then top it all off with the Faith that there's One God, One Saviour our Creator the God of Noah, Moses, Abraham and Jesus
Very simple. This is speaking about the man, the Son by which all things were made and by which all things have become new and one in whom " the man that executeth my counsel from a far country" is only the God/man Jesus.
Were it not for Him, not one religious belief in the whole entire world would even be considered for salvation. Be it whatever religious belief any of you might have.

Blessings, AJ

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
So, what makes the Judeo-Christian god superior and a 'reality' above Thor, Zeus, Mithras and others? What makes the bible more superior than other holy books?
the Christian god is Jesus. The Bible states this many times. Judaism and Xianity have 'different' gods, basically. So your statement loses really all meaning.

Renji

the Christian god is Jesus. The Bible states this many times. Judaism and Xianity have 'different' gods, basically. So your statement loses really all meaning.
So you verify your claims by using your bible? Classic. So how do you verify the authenticity of your scriptures? There are other world religions that has scriptures too you know?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
So you verify your claims by using your bible? Classic. So how do you verify the authenticity of your scriptures? There are other world religions that has scriptures too you know?
No idea what this is supposed to mean.
About 'verification' of scripture, well, I'm still adhering to them, right, so again, what is your point. Why do you think I want or need verification for everything?

Last edited:

Renji

No idea what this is supposed to mean. You can ask in the Judaism DIR if the religions have the 'same' deity. In a study or textual manner, we don't.
About 'verification' of scripture, well, I'm still adhering to them, right, so again, what is your point. Why do you think I want or need verification for everything?

Well I used the term "Judeo-christian god" because christianity has some of its beliefs taken from judaism (well some might disagree, but if you look at it, it actually does). I did not say that they're actually the same. I asked for verification because I somehow misread your post. Thought you're saying that there's one god because of what's written in a holy book and because it's in there, then it's 'true.'

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Well I used the term "Judeo-christian god" because christianity has some of its beliefs taken from judaism (well some might disagree, but if you look at it, it actually does). I did not say that they're actually the same. I asked for verification because I somehow misread your post. Thought you're saying that there's one god because of what's written in a holy book and because it's in there, then it's 'true.'
I don't think every 'god' is the same. (or goddess). They, at least to me, seem obviously different. Some or many deities, yes I think they are 'false', in the sense of not being the Deity I worship. So, in that sense, no you actually didn't read it wrong. I'm a monotheist.

look3467

Premium Member
Many gods? Yes.Throughout human history we can see humanity attempting to identify with a sort of god that would be within their means of understanding. Not having any written or oral knowledge of who or what it is that they sense to be a higher entity in the spiritual plane.
Thanks be to Abraham and descendents, the real true God of the universe has spoken through.
Of all the gods ever imagined by mankind, none offers to save the soul of mankind without requirement of good works.
The God of Abraham does. Unconditionaly.
So, any argument against that has no roots to stand on.
blessing, AJ

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Many gods? Yes.Throughout human history we can see humanity attempting to identify with a sort of god that would be within their means of understanding. Not having any written or oral knowledge of who or what it is that they sense to be a higher entity in the spiritual plane.
Thanks be to Abraham and descendents, the real true God of the universe has spoken through.
Of all the gods ever imagined by mankind, none offers to save the soul of mankind without requirement of good works.
The God of Abraham does. Unconditionaly.
So, any argument against that has no roots to stand on.
blessing, AJ
But which roots are you basing your opinion on?

My point is that there is virtually no way possible that it can be determined objectively whether there's one god, many gods, or no gods. If it were possible, it would have been long proven and broadcast over and over again to the point whereas there would be no doubt.

look3467

Premium Member
Metis
By roots is meant "basis".
All religious beliefs have some basis, roots but none have the basises by which the spirit of mankind can be saved from eternal extinction.
Why suppose there is a separation between the fleshly body and the spiritual realm?
Mankind's attempts throughout human history has been a ways and means to reach and connect to the spiritual plane.
Hense, all the imaginable made up gods, not having a spiritual representative that would offer saving grace from its lost condition originally acquired by it's creation.
Jesus is that representative prophecyed from the very book of creations.The book of Genesis.
Jesus is the link that has been sought after but not realized.
Not realized because of the lack of knowledge in Him and because of a lack of faith.
Where it not for Him, no man on the face of this earth, past, present and future would have absolutely no hope for life after this one.
That would include believers as well as unbelievers.
All fall within those two with no exceptions.
Blessings, AJ

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Metis
All religious beliefs have some basis, roots but none have the basises by which the spirit of mankind can be saved from eternal extinction.
Why suppose there is a separation between the fleshly body and the spiritual realm?
Mankind's attempts throughout human history has been a ways and means to reach and connect to the spiritual plane.
Hense, all the imaginable made up gods, not having a spiritual representative that would offer saving grace from its lost condition originally acquired by it's creation.
Jesus is that representative prophecyed from the very book of creations.The book of Genesis.
Not realized because of the lack of knowledge in Him and because of a lack of faith.
Where it not for Him, no man on the face of this earth, past, present and future would have absolutely no hope for life after this one.
Blessings, AJ
You are confusing "beliefs" with "facts", and as long as you continue to do this there will always be a wall between you and reality on this subject.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Metis
Blessings, AJ
please define "spirit" in a meaningful and or useful way.

look3467

Premium Member
Mertis
God can not be proven with facts. That is why we are having this discussion.
What is missing is "faith". If "works" is equated with "facts", than those two alone cannot prove the existence of a God.
Facts seem to be the only basis for unbelief in God.
But when faith is added, then the facts become secondary to the power that is generated by faith to overcome any belief system created.
True.....an unbeliever can have faith but........not in an entity that is spiritual.

Blessings, AJ