• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Open Relationships

What's your take on open relationships?

• Immoral and wrong. End of discussion.

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Plain silly. Talk about asking for trouble.

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • A great *idea*, but in practice, they don't work.

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Like everything, they have many pros and cons.

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • Great to be a part of, but there are risks.

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Sexual liberation at its finest. They ROCK!

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters

Bubber

My wife has proclaimed herself bi-curious. I have suspected for a while but she admitted it out loud a few months ago. Since then, we have been discussing what this means for the future of our relationship. So far things are going great but one of the issues that has been brought up is, would either of us be open to exploring a physical relationship between my wife and another woman. We have not decided that this is something that will occur, but are discussing it. I personally have my own reservations about it but I believe that a solution exists whereby my wife can explore this side of herself and our relationship can benefit. I would say that there are definitely pro's and con's but I would also say that trust and love between us can help the pro's outweigh the con's.

I want my wife to be happy and would like her to grow as a person. I am willing help her explore this side of herself in any way I can provided it is not detrimental to our current relationship with each other. I have seen this work in others and I have seen it ruin others. We believe that there is an answer for us and we are both enjoying the search for it.

Rereading the above, it kind of rambles but, there you go. My conclusion is that open relationships can work. They can also ruin a loving couple. But these are things that are decided by that couple and not me. I wouldn't dream of passing judgement on another couples decision in this matter by proclaiming it immoral or otherwise. What another couple does in the privacy of thier bedroom has no effect on my life or another innocent party and therefore has no objection from me.