• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ouija Boards

Do you believe that Ouija boards allow contact with the spirit world?

• Yes

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • No

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
To be honest UV I hardly ever use magic. I don't like to for some reason. Not that I couldn't. Like I told tarasan, when I do use it, I put my all into it. I am quite well versed in the right hand path, but it doesn't become me, because as my signature says, I choose the middle path.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
nepenthe.gif

awesome.
Disco. :p

blackout

Violet.
The black of night is the road to Dawn.

All things rise up from darkness.
Void is principle. Light comes forth from darkness.

Not the other way around.

Re. Magick.
There are all kinds of ways of getting a thing done.

Khepera

Rainbow Mage

God is both mike. God is both light and darkness. Everything is both light and darkness. One has three choices, to lean one way or the other, or to walk between the two.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
I haven't used one, but they intrigue me. I won't use one until I see it how it works for myself.

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
For those who are skeptical, I suggest finding a very close friend that is just as skeptical about Ouija boards...someone you can trust.... and then try the thing out...like really try it out...more than once. You have to actually give it a chance to work properly. When the pointer starts moving around violently and really fast, spelling out long words and sentences and names neither of you have even heard of before, then you know it's working. When the Ouija board starts asking you questions...now that is creepy. When the Ouija board starts giving long replies and saying stuff faster than you can even think of anything to say, then you know it's working. When each of you both have only two fingertips on the pointer and the thing feels like it's going to take your arms off...then you know its working. You wont be skeptical anymore. For those who are skeptical....you just haven't let the right one in yet. Be careful which one you let in though...you may have a heck of a time getting rid of it. One thing to try also... While the Ouija board is busy spelling out words and stuff and you know for a fact that it is not you moving the pointer, ask your partner to look away from the board while still keeping their fingers on the pointer. You'll be surprised when it still keeps spelling out sentences without a problem and there is no way your partner would even know what the words being spelled out are.

Last edited:

Just_me_Mike

For those who are skeptical, I suggest finding a very close friend that is just as skeptical about Ouija boards...someone you can trust.... and then try the thing out...like really try it out...more than once. You have to actually give it a chance to work properly. When the pointer starts moving around violently and really fast, spelling out long words and sentences and names neither of you have even heard of before, then you know it's working. When the Ouija board starts asking you questions...now that is creepy. When the Ouija board starts giving long replies and saying stuff faster than you can even think of anything to say, then you know it's working. When each of you both have only two fingertips on the pointer and the thing feels like it's going to take your arms off...then you know its working. You wont be skeptical anymore. For those who are skeptical....you just haven't let the right one in yet. Be careful which one you let in though...you may have a heck of a time getting rid of it. One thing to try also... While the Ouija board is busy spelling out words and stuff and you know for a fact that it is not you moving the pointer, ask your partner to look away from the board while still keeping their fingers on the pointer. You'll be surprised when it still keeps spelling out sentences without a problem and there is no way your partner would even know what the words being spelled out are.
Sounds great!

Rainbow Mage

You'd be surprised the stuff me and my friend Frank used to get off my old Ouija board. We got stuff about he should go to California, and when we asked why, the board said: better weed and sex. LOL

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
There will always be people who believe in the Ouija board. However, there is a scientific and logical reason as to why it seemingly works. Penn & Teller have an Episode of Bull$hit about it, and once again, prove quite reasonably how accurate a Ouija board is. They took people who were interested in the Ouija board, had them use it, and it worked. Next they blindfolded them, and it worked. Finally, they the flipped the board upside down, and it didn't work. Instead, the pointer when to where the yes and no spots were believed to be. Showing quite effectively that the Ouija board is dependent on what the user knew. If it truly was done by spirits, then those spirits shouldn't have cared whether or not those users could see the board, and they should have known that the board was upside down.

Since Tarot has also been mentioned here, I would like to just briefly touch on that. It works because of something called the Barnum Effect. Personally, I can take any deck of card and perform a better reading, using something called cold reading, than any Tarot operator I've seen.

People will always believe that magic exists; however, I believe as long as science can effectively explain logically why the magic supposedly can work, and as long as I can effectively copy the magic effects even better than the actual practitioner, I have to conclude that there is nothing special about it.

Runewolf1973

Materialism/Animism
Science works so hard to try and disprove things all the time...surely they will come up with some theories on what they think is going on...but that's all they are....theories.

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
Science works so hard to try and disprove things all the time...surely they will come up with some theories on what they think is going on...but that's all they are....theories.

This is a little besides the point, but a theory, while dealing with science, does suggest that it is fact, to a point. It is not just some guess that they are doing. It is something that has been tested over and over again and has been shown to be true.

As for the magic idea, and the the ouija board, I am a skeptic as you can see. However, I am open to the idea that possibly their is something supernatural. Until it can be proven though, I have to stay with the conclusion that it simply nothing more than simple tricks.

Rainbow Mage

Well I can tell you falling blood that the negative spirit that got hold of one of my friends through the oracle and began to control him to play with that thing almost constantly wasn't make believe. That was real, and it took us burning that board to snap him out of it.

Rainbow Mage

He became a totally different person, he became very angry if we tried to keep him from playing. He'd come to my house almost constantly wanting to play Ouija.

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
Isn't it just possible that he got addicted? I've seen people who get addicted to the internet get to a point that they constantly are on it and the only way to snap them out of it is to destroy their computers.