• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Palastinians now non member observer status

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
A look at "who voted for what" in this recent decision on the status of Palestine

Indicate the vast disparity between the sides and the failure, of the USA - Israel axis to get support, among the major nations. The only major country to join them was Canada
The rest .. might be thought, for one reason or another, little more than vassal states
Czech republic
Marshall Islands
Micronesia
Nauru
Palau
Panama

The number of abstaining members might be thought surprising, considering the Pressure put on them by the USA to support the No vote.

Fuller details here.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-20550864http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-20550864

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Vassal states?

In this case, as vassals, they provide Votes rather than arms or men

The aid and support they get ... puts them clearly under the influence of US demands.
The votes of some small states are in effect Bought, by aid, by favoured trade, by political support of their leaders.
....In this particular case very few succumbed.

Last edited:

loverOfTruth

A look at "who voted for what" in this recent decision on the status of Palestine

Indicate the vast disparity between the sides and the failure, of the USA - Israel axis to get support, among the major nations. The only major country to join them was Canada
The rest .. might be thought, for one reason or another, little more than vassal states
Czech republic
Marshall Islands
Micronesia
Nauru
Palau
Panama

The number of abstaining members might be thought surprising, considering the Pressure put on them by the USA to support the No vote.

Fuller details here.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-20550864http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-20550864

It is sad that the same state that was created by UN vote now opposes the same for the Palestinians and not to mention even punish them for seeking the vote ....

BBC News - Israel to build 3,000 settler homes after UN vote

Height of hypocrisy...

Freedomelf

It is sad that the same state that was created by UN vote now opposes the same for the Palestinians and not to mention even punish them for seeking the vote ....

BBC News - Israel to build 3,000 settler homes after UN vote

Height of hypocrisy...

I agree wholeheartedly. I wish the UN could vote on full membership, so that Palestine could have the same protection as Israel has (and deserves.) Both sides need equal protection from the other, but since Israel is so much stronger with the US bully behind it, I'd say the Palestinians need all the help they can get. I pray that they find it in the UN.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Reason 4,634,445,632 for disbanding the UN.

It is heartwarming to see so many in favor of rewarding bad behavior.

loverOfTruth

Reason 4,634,445,632 for disbanding the UN.

It is heartwarming to see so many in favor of rewarding bad behavior.

Yes, now that the job is done and the state of Israel has been created and made powerful enough to bully around the world - let's finish UN. :eek:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Yes, now that the job is done and the state of Israel has been created and made powerful enough to bully around the world - let's finish UN. :eek:
Frankly, I'd suggest that this collection of intellectual fly-weights at the UN have just made the prospect of "peace" between the so-called "Palestinians" and Israel FAR less likely.

RAMclrfnl-092211-palestine-.jpg

Way to go UN...

Last edited:

loverOfTruth

Frankly, I'd suggest that this collection of intellectual fly-weights at the UN have just made the prospect of "peace" between the so-called "Palestinians" and Israel FAR less likely.

Way to go UN...

I think, 138 countries of the world that voted Yes (and also a whole bunch of sensible people from the countries who voted No) will find that idea pretty heart wrenching - it really shows who really cares about a peaceful solution.

Palestinians_Mocking_Peace.jpg

Last edited:

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member

Just not getting a real clear picture of what 'peace' is being described here,
or peaceful for that matter,
and who is doing it 'more/better'?

Kind of tired of this conversation honestly.
Having a hard time seeing the 'other' side of things.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Just not getting a real clear picture of what 'peace' is being described here,
or peaceful for that matter,
and who is doing it 'more/better'?

Kind of tired of this conversation honestly.
Having a hard time seeing the 'other' side of things.

Agreed.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
In this case, as vassals, they provide Votes rather than arms or men

The aid and support they get ... puts them clearly under the influence of US demands.
The votes of some small states are in effect Bought, by aid, by favoured trade, by political support of their leaders.
....In this particular case very few succumbed.

So the Czech Republic is a vassal state. They will be happy to hear that I'm sure.