• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Palastinians now non member observer status

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Palestine is a 'fiction'? Since when? Are Palestinians a fiction? Who are they if they lived in a fictional place and called themselves Palestinians?

Palestinians exist. Palestine, as a country, is a fiction. No country is anything but a fiction.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Today nations around Israel crumble and are torn with sectarian violence, how useful is it to define a new Palestinian nation when the Palestinians are divided to two areas with opposing governments who's members shot each other in the streets a few short years ago?

That, it seems to me, is a question that must be asked and answered.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Answered by whom?

By as many people as we can get involved with the matter. The more the better.

Of course, in practice it means restricting to people who either live there or have taken some effort to be at least aware of the situation. A tricky proposition for certain, but it is a difficult situation.

What do you think the right of self-determination implies?

In practice? Not a whole lot. It is an awfully vague concept, in no small measure due to its strong reliance in the troublesome concept of Nation.

Quite simply, I find it a very naive, irrealistic concept with little consideration for how things can work in practice. It was written for some other kind of beings, not for humans.

It a shame that it was even proposed, really. It only serves to waste energies that are sorely needed in more realistic approaches.

Ultimately, it is a probably well-meant measure, but one that can only reinforce political criteria because it has no other objective use.

Last edited:
Just because I am a Chinese does not mean I supported my country without thinking the consequence. Especially if they were wrong. Occupation and brutalization of peaceful Tibetan race for the last 50 years is clearly one great crime against humanity.

You obviously did not know the truth about what happened, that "Free Tibet" is not a separatism, it is a liberation. Because China invaded somewhere that was not their land, yet Tibetans used non-violent methods & never even raised a finger to hurt those who occupied their land despite the fact that 1.2 million people was killed by the Army.

China invaded and treated Tibet like it's colony, like white people in South Africa. Not liberalising, just torture and abuse in form of majority discriminated minority!

Now we compare to the Jewish vs. Arabic conflict. Israel originally was Jewish people's country but they let Arabic people live there. But did Arab people appreciate it? They just committed terror against Jewish people. A complete different situation from peaceful Tibetans who lost their country.

Do you think the Tibetans who rioted in 2008 were "non-Violent"?

Do you think there are no peaceful Palestinian protestors?

Do you think the Tibetans who rioted in 2008 were "non-Violent"?

Do you think there are no peaceful Palestinian protestors?

I have no will to dispute the Small details so much was at stake...

How easy Is it easy to disregard common human rights while sitting comfortably behind your computer screen?

Fact is that China has killed and Tortured and yet here so many are brainwashed by its government. Entire villages and monasteries was destroyed, monks are killed, industries are being placed and the environment is getting polluted. This is a systemic destruction of a race, its culture and it’s entire belief. So after 50 years that they finally had enough could be understandable.

Crimes against Humanity cannot be disregarded whether or not the oppressed fought back or not.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Israel originally was Jewish people's country but they let Arabic people live there.
That is a remarkably ignorant statement. How on earth did you manage to arrive at such a conclusion?
I read American newspapers, and also many websites about Israel and the Middle East. Also I have friends from the U.S. and from Israel who confirmed what I had read.
Do you seriously consider this adequate?

Do you seriously consider this adequate?

You must understand that my information on this topic is limited. I do admit this much.

I know that the information from the local media, is totally and completely fabricated and dishonest. According to official statistics, the Chinese government support for Palestine and even used to donate Palestinian terrorists weapons. The CCP do not even think that Hamas is a terrorist organization so I honestly cannot trust what Chinese-controlled media says about this conflict.

However the foreign media is severely limited here so I only did my best to understand this issue.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
You must understand that my information on this topic is limited.
We both must understand this and draw appropriate conclusions, first and foremost being that limited information is an extremely valuable motivation for questions an extremely poor foundation for claims.