• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pantheism DIR: Yes or No?

Do you agree with the suggestion to add a pantheism DIR to the forum?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
14 votes for and none against so far.

Reiterating what I stated earlier: We are watching this thread, so if you have any suggestions about the new DIR, it'd be great if you posted them here. We've already taken the panentheism DIR suggestion into consideration. :yes:

jasonwill2

14 votes for and none against so far.

Reiterating what I stated earlier: We are watching this thread, so if you have any suggestions about the new DIR, it'd be great if you posted them here. We've already taken the panentheism DIR suggestion into consideration. :yes:

Since there are the pantheists who are really atheists (and hence it's just poetic way for them to see reality) and there are pantheists who are theists (hence they are fully serious about either a god-universe or/and all gods being literally real yet just different manifestations of the All) that might need to be accounted for... or not. Not sure, but that might be something to keep in mind.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Since there are the pantheists who are really atheists (and hence it's just poetic way for them to see reality) and there are pantheists who are theists (hence they are fully serious about either a god-universe or/and all gods being literally real yet just different manifestations of the All) that might need to be accounted for... or not. Not sure, but that might be something to keep in mind.

:facepalm:

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
I compared notes with Odion the other day and although one of us is theistic, the other atheistic we didn't have any trouble understanding each other perfectly. Especially with pantheism, less with panendeism, the usual definition of theism becomes blurred and, some will argue, redundant. I think naming the DIR Pantheism & Panendeism will be enough to cover all existing beliefs.

mycorrhiza

It might be a good idea to have sub-forums for naturalistic (atheistic), dualistic and idealistic. But I'm not sure if the beliefs are separate enough to need their own sub-forums.

illykitty

RF's pet cat
I voted yes as well, since I'm a Panentheist. Perhaps on the pantheist DIR you could have sub or other types, like pandeism, panentheism, panendeism, etc.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Where would this DIR go, exactly, given it could easily be stuffed under multiple pre-existing DIRs? Isn't it in some ways more of a theological concept and could go under there? Or under theological concepts and int he DIR section somewhere?

And because I can't resist: what about animism and polytheism?

Iti oj

Premium Member
Where would this DIR go, exactly, given it could easily be stuffed under multiple pre-existing DIRs? Isn't it in some ways more of a theological concept and could go under there? Or under theological concepts and int he DIR section somewhere?

ANIMISM!!!!!! yes needs its own dir!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i went to go post a topic yesterday and could not figure out where to put it so i gave up and cried.

mycorrhiza

A separate category in the DIR section or just another sub-forum under the "Other religious movements and practices DIR", I guess. Both atheism, deism and agnosticism have their own DIRs, so it isn't really about how broad the term is, but rather that it's a uniting belief, or non-belief in the case of atheism.

I have nothing against animism and polytheism getting their own DIRs too.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Staff member
Premium Member
My suggestion/idea: Pantheism as a DIR forum, Subforums would include Spiritual Pantheism and Scientific Pantheism, Subforums in Spiritual Pantheism would include Animism and Panentheism.

Iti oj

Premium Member
My suggestion/idea: Pantheism as a DIR forum, Subforums would include Spiritual Pantheism and Scientific Pantheism, Subforums in Spiritual Pantheism would include Animism and Panentheism.
not a bad setup

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Neither animism nor panentheism are subsets of pantheism.