• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pantheism DIR: Yes or No?

Do you agree with the suggestion to add a pantheism DIR to the forum?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I second Storm's hesitation about considering animism a subsection of pantheism. Pantheism often gets expressed in monotheistic terms, while animism is inherently polytheistic as it is recognizing individual spirits in each aspect of the universe. Animism would fit better under a polytheistic header than a pantheistic one.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
I second Storm's hesitation about considering animism a subsection of pantheism. Pantheism often gets expressed in monotheistic terms, while animism is inherently polytheistic as it is recognizing individual spirits in each aspect of the universe. Animism would fit better under a polytheistic header than a pantheistic one.

This is a good point

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Staff member
Premium Member

That is fair, but if each individual atom is divine, it doesn't mean pantheism is polytheism.

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
Animism DIR! Oh I would love that one. But if we'll stay on Pantheism / Panendeism for now I assume it would go under Non-Revealed, since Deism is there already.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
The poll is now closed and Staff is working on adding the new DIR along with its sub-DIRs.

Thank you for voting in the poll and helping us finalize the decision to add the new DIR.