• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Part of being Privileged is not having to think about being Privileged

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I agree with your take on this video, but they do raise a valid point that there is a double standard in play.

I haven't watched the video, but there are indeed blatant double standards regarding social attitude toward race and racism. There is also the issue of accusations of racism being tossed about so loosely and readily that it reminds me of the parable of the boy who cried wolf.

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
Its more or less why I think "african american" or "african ecuadorian" is such an idiotically stupid term.

AFAIK, We all come from friggin africa. If you wanna say black, say black.

Same here. I hate it when people jump through hoops to avoid saying "black". Hear it all the time at work. One of my managers is a black guy; when customers want me to get him for them they're like, "the... taller gentleman. With the curlier hair." I always pretend not to know who they're talking about until they say the words lol. Also, always love the face on people when I introduce them to my black stepfather, who I call Dad. Priceless.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I haven't watched the video, but there are indeed blatant double standards regarding social attitude toward race and racism.

Could you provide some examples of blatant double standards that have more than trivial consequences? I'm curious about that because the video failed to do so. Every double standard it mentioned was either misleadingly presented or was of such trivial consequence to anyone that it was almost embarrassing to watch the women in the video whine about such slight things.

There is also the issue of accusations of racism being tossed about so loosely and readily that it reminds me of the parable of the boy who cried wolf.

Yeah, I've heard such accusations made. It can be offensive to be falsely accused. I don't recall anyone being actually harmed by it. However, there are probably cases where someone has been at least somewhat harmed by false accusations of racism. Do you know of any?

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Could you provide some examples of blatant double standards that have more than trivial consequences? I'm curious about that because the video failed to do so. Every double standard it mentioned was either misleadingly presented or was of such trivial consequence to anyone that it was almost embarrassing to watch the women in the video whine about such slight things.

Precisely. I thought the women were saying some crazy things. That there is a genocide of the white race? That only the white race must assimilate and therefore be diluted in some way? That they are whining about not being able to have "white pride" without being accused of wanting to kill 6 million Jews?

Yeah, I've heard such accusations made. It can be offensive to be falsely accused. I don't recall anyone being actually harmed by it. However, there are probably cases where someone has been at least somewhat harmed by false accusations of racism. Do you know of any?

The only double standard I've heard is the acceptance of using the "n-word" toward blacks. I've heard white people who were upset that they can't use it, but blacks can, and that it's an example of a double standard.

Wherenextcolumbus

White people crying that they can't use the n-word is just classic! Anyway they can take that word and shove it up their a*ses, it's theirs to begin with, I hope they drown in their white tears.

Wherenextcolumbus

Same here. I hate it when people jump through hoops to avoid saying "black". Hear it all the time at work. One of my managers is a black guy; when customers want me to get him for them they're like, "the... taller gentleman. With the curlier hair." I always pretend not to know who they're talking about until they say the words lol. Also, always love the face on people when I introduce them to my black stepfather, who I call Dad. Priceless.

You should see how people reacted when they see my family, we got all kinds of crazy questions when we were growing up like "but why does your sister look different from you? I don't get it" let me translate "why is your sister black?"
And much more recently a white girl stated the obvious "your niece is blacker than you!"
Yes and? That's because my family doesn't discriminate unlike your family that's been white for the pass 300 years. Shut the hell up!

ignition

मैत्रावरुणिः;3437941 said:
Greetings,

[youtube]9gmuGFwlHsA[/youtube]
Anti-racist is a code word for anti-White. - YouTube

M.V.
They make some decent points, although I don't like the hillbilly there.There's no doubt there is some double standards, there are even black organizations here but no white organizations etc. I don't see a problem with a white organization, just as long they're not spewing hate, or just abolish all colour based groups in the first place.

ignition

You should see how people reacted when they see my family, we got all kinds of crazy questions when we were growing up like "but why does your sister look different from you? I don't get it" let me translate "why is your sister black?"
And much more recently a white girl stated the obvious "your niece is blacker than you!"
Yes and? That's because my family doesn't discriminate unlike your family that's been white for the pass 300 years. Shut the hell up!
I assume you know the difference now between whites and blacks yeah? You didn't know in another thread. Glad to see that you spotted the colour difference.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
What is the point? Just because your born into a rich white family does not guarantee success, but it does help.

The point is that being certain things gives you an advantage, not that it guarantees you anything. Being a white heterosexual male doesn't guarantee me success, but it does mean success comes easier for me. Basically, it's saying that if you take 1,000 random black people and 1,000 random white people, the white people are more likely to succeed in life. It's not because white people are generally better in any significant way; it's because of the way the two groups are viewed and treated.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
The only double standard I've heard is the acceptance of using the "n-word" toward blacks. I've heard white people who were upset that they can't use it, but blacks can, and that it's an example of a double standard.

How about attitudes toward the use of "honky" or "cracker"? That's a rather obvious one.

ignition

How about attitudes toward the use of "honky" or "cracker"? That's a rather obvious one.
But why would any white person find that offensive if it's a privilege to be white in the first place? I don't find it offensive at all. It's a privilege to be a "honky" is it not?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
But why would any white person find that offensive if it's a privilege to be white in the first place? I don't find it offensive at all. It's a privilege to be a "honky" is it not?

To demean someone based on the color of their skin is either wrong or it isn't. Whether or not they're perceived to be "privileged" or not is wholly irrelevant. It doesn't justify bigotry. If a white person were to go to an African nation where he would be a minority, is he suddenly entitled to spout derogatory racial slurs towards the local majority? Of course not.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
He was acquitted. Plus, his life was interrupted because he murdered somebody, not because he was a racist. If you don't want people questioning you're motives, probably you shouldn't murder somebody.

He didn't murder anyone.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation

A double standard? In what way? "Honky" and "cracker" are not the equivalent of the N word, if that's what you mean. Those terms generally aren't seen as offensive because there is no history of discrimination and horrible treatment behind them.