• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

pedophilia

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
So what do you call a 30 something man that has sex with his 13 year old daughter? Is she old enough to consent? Hell no she isn't! That's what I call a pedophile. I dated a woman once who told me the story of her husband who had sex with his 13 YO daughter. She called him a sex maniac, not a pedophile. How messed up is that?

Pretty messed up. So did this woman contact the proper authorities to report this abuse?

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
my understanding that pedophilia as a person having sex with the prepubescent. no age limitation. generally, girls has her menstruation in about 12 years, boy gets his wet dream on about 15 years old. human are ready mentally and hormonal as they get menstruation or wet dream. i think it no problem to marry with 12 years old if they mentally and hormonal ready enough to marry.

I think the person who has this mentality is a sick ****.

There are girls who menstruate too early due to hormonal imbalance. The ability to ejaculate or menstruate doesn't insinuate that one is mature for sex.

sumaidi

ashabul yamin
There is a difference between the body being ready for sex and being mentally ready for sex.
what is the difference?
as a male gets wet dream, body automaticly extracts hormon testosteron that will stimulate brain to being mature. its automatic

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
what is the difference?
as a male gets wet dream, body automaticly extracts hormon testosteron that will stimulate brain to being mature. its automatic

You're wrong. It's not automatic at all. Sexual, physical and mental maturity, though correlated do not happen simultaneously.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
what is the difference?
The difference is that while their body can handle it, their mind cannot. It's not that hard to grasp unless you're being willfully ignorant and attempting to justify the sexual exploitation of children.

Go back to school, son.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I've noticed that this "if there is grass in the infield, play ball" mentality hails mainly from 3rd world countries. That says a lot.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
my understanding that pedophilia as a person having sex with the prepubescent. no age limitation. generally, girls has her menstruation in about 12 years, boy gets his wet dream on about 15 years old. human are ready mentally and hormonal as they get menstruation or wet dream. i think it no problem to marry with 12 years old if they mentally and hormonal ready enough to marry.

Granted, from what I understand, for generations that's how it was practiced throughout the world. However, what is expected of 12-15 year olds now as opposed to what was expected then are vastly different. And what is expected in a marriage is vastly different as well.

12 year old girls are expected to continue their education until they receive a standard diploma in this country, as well as 15 year old boys. The majority of adolescents don't even complete their education by the time they turn 18, but are expected to continue their education or enter into an apprenticeship/military service when they become of age. Marriage isn't just considered a legal contract that combines assets, but is an established relationship between two adults who generally have the maturity to weather past the hormonal highs of "first-love" feelings, and to come together as partners to solve financial issues, parenting issues, housing issues, and effectively communicate.

When it was common for adolescents to marry, it was expected for adolescents at these ages to have children, run a farm, or work in industry (at least in the 20th century). Since then we've passed Child Labor Laws that prohibit these kinds of expectations, and now we have adolescents who continue their education as a whole demographic, and not as a privileged few.

We've all known or heard about grandmothers or great-grandmothers who married at 13 or so and started having kids at 14. Those remarkable women would also talk about abusive husbands who squandered money, chase them around the house with an axe trying to kill them, or refuse to seek medical treatment for their own children. These generations who grew up on tobacco farms would talk about at 6 years old walking out to the fields barefoot carrying containers full of liquid poison to apply to fields for the purpose of controlling pest infestation and to keep their cash crops growing adequately.

Things change, and even though we can debate forever and a day what should be expected from children and teenagers, in this culture 12 year old girls are not dropping out of school to get married and to start a family.

Finally, brain development research shows that the prefrontal cortex doesn't fully mature and grow until the mid-20s on average (which certainly explains a lot of adolescent behavior ;) ). Because so much more is expected of a couple in modern marriage, it stands to reason that 12-15 year olds are nowhere near to being ready to marry.

Last edited:

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I think the person who has this mentality is a sick ****.

There are girls who menstruate too early due to hormonal imbalance. The ability to ejaculate or menstruate doesn't insinuate that one is mature for sex.

The daughter of a friend of mine started menstruating at 9 years old.

I'd love to see how she'd respond to somebody suggesting to her that her child was ready to have sex, get married, and/or pop out a baby.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
can you give any scientific explanation? not only by what you think?

Adulthood and maturity is not one and the same with sexual maturity.

Yes, we are, for all intents and purposes sexually mature when we can reproduce.

But this does NOT mean that we are mentally and emotionally mature enough for sex.

Physical capability doesn't equate to emotional and mental capability.

Do you not understand I'm telling you?

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
The daughter of a friend of mine started menstruating at 9 years old.

I'd love to see how she'd respond to somebody suggesting to her that her child was ready to have sex, get married, and/or pop out a baby.

I started my period at nine years old as well. I was in the fourth grade and was wearing blue pants. I didn't fully understand what the hell was going on with me.

I still played with Barbies. I still loved my Cabbage Patch dolls.

And I know that my Dad would have gone ape if anyone had dared tried to take advantage of me.

Me Myself

Back to my username
So what do you call a 30 something man that has sex with his 13 year old daughter? Is she old enough to consent? Hell no she isn't! That's what I call a pedophile. I dated a woman once who told me the story of her husband who had sex with his 13 YO daughter. She called him a sex maniac, not a pedophile. How messed up is that?

Accurate?

I d call it incest..

The term pedophile in psychology is for those who are sexually aroused towards a prepubecent.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Adulthood and maturity is not one and the same with sexual maturity.

Yes, we are, for all intents and purposes sexually mature when we can reproduce.

But this does NOT mean that we are mentally and emotionally mature enough for sex.

Physical capability doesn't equate to emotional and mental capability.

Do you not understand I'm telling you?

Some poeple never are emotionally mature enough for sex..

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
I actually want to play devil's advocate and bring up a question that just occurred to me.

Is maturity generally universal throughout time and culture?

I suppose this is part of the nature vs. nurture argument, in terms of what I'm talking about. Does our safe and easy life in the first world cause our maturity rates to slow? What of people who live in much harsher environments: would the constant threat of death and frequent experience of seeing others die cause one to mature much faster?

Me Myself

Back to my username
Well, there were no condoms in e past. If you had sex you were going to have babies and have to take care of a family. I assume their families just plain helped them with their responsibilities and such. If only as an emotional help.

In what specifically shuld they mature? One can be very mature in Some areas and a baby in others.

Last edited:

Wherenextcolumbus

Girls can have wet dreams. If a girl has a wet dream before she starts menstruation is she ready to consent to sex?