• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

people are created equal or not equal

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
From what I have been told by religions and some democracies (USA for example) is that all men/women are created equal or they all have intrinsic rights to be equal. I can think of many ways that people are are not created equal nor ever treated equal.

It seams that the far opposite is much more true. Basic examples would be a child born with a drug addiction, or a person who was born handicapped, or the person that develops a problem from their genes. How did the concept that people are created equal begin. Should people really think we are all equal to one another.
I don't think all people are equal but I think all people should have equal human rights.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Thanks
icon14.gif
, but too long to plow through.

IF YOU TALK OF PEOPLE...YOU TALK OF A PERSON AS A WHOLE...WHICH INCLUDES ALL THE ASPECTS OF LIFE...AND WHEN YOU ACTUALLY LOOK AT THE POSSIBILITIES EACH OF THEM HAS...THEY ARE ACTUALLY CREATED EQUAL...SAY ONE PERSON IS BORN BLIND AND THE OTHER IS BORN FIT ....NOW THE BLIND HAS HIS POWER OF SENSES FAR STRONGER ....HE HAS MORE TIME TO BE SPIRITUAL ....HE ACTUALLY CAN LIVE A FAR MORE HIGHER FORM OF LIFE THAN THE NORMAL ...YEA HE DOES MISS OUT ON THE COLORS OF EARTH BUT IF U LOOK CLOSELY HE ESCAPES LOOKING AT THINGS AND FACING THE WORLDLY MESS too....BUT AGAIN ITS FROM THE ANGLE YOU LOOK AT THE LIFE....YES EVERYBODY IS CREATED EQUAL...THE DIFFERENCES ARISE WHEN YOU CANT FIGURE OUT WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN MADE FOR...NOW IF SCHUMACHER PLAYED TENNIS IT WOULDN MAKE SENSE....EVERYONE IS BLESSED U JUST NEED TO FIGURE OUT !!!!

EVERY SOUL ON THIS EARTH HAS A PURPOSE ON THIS EARTH THEY LIVE AND ENTER A NEW FORM WHEN THE PURPOSE IS DONE...AND THE PURPOSE CAN BE JUST CRYING ABOUT BEING BLIND TOO!!!BUT THAT IS NOT THE ONLY OPTION...

AND yea WE HAVE SEEN HANDICAPS AND RETARDS ACHIEVING HEIGHTS IN THEIR LIFETIMES....HISTORY IS THE PROOF ALL HUMANS ARE EQUAL!!!

waitasec

Veteran Member
AND yea WE HAVE SEEN HANDICAPS AND RETARDS ACHIEVING HEIGHTS IN THEIR LIFETIMES....HISTORY IS THE PROOF ALL HUMANS ARE EQUAL!!!

dude, i think you mean well, at least i hope you do
but if you want to stick around i suggest you tone it down a bit...

ahhhhh, welcome to the forum?

Skwim

Veteran Member
all you really need to read are the 1st few lines to see their stance on the matter...
:eek:
Okay, I read the first six paragraphs and did see that they identify their "race" as "the true descendants of the Israelite people," but that's about all. Nothing about having found favor with the lord, who in turn gave them the right to impose themselves on blacks or anyone else.

waitasec

Veteran Member
Okay, I read the first six paragraphs and did see that they identify their "race" as "the true descendants of the Israelite people," but that's about all. Nothing about having found favor with the lord, who in turn gave them the right to impose themselves on blacks or anyone else.

"It is the Anglo-Saxon, Germanic and Scandinavian people that has created great nations and civilizations. Through our laws and technology we have helped raise the standard of living for all the people on earth. Through our great knowledge in farming and agriculture we have helped feed the world and have taught others how to feed themselves. There have been many mistakes concerning God’s chosen people "Israel", due to the mistakes in translating the Bible, but for me, a follower of Christ, I look to Christ’s own words to clarify this mystery."

the kkk is just an extremist view obviously. but think of the christians here in the US, they are gods chosen through faith and thusly follow suit because it is their prerogative to decide if people, who were created equally as they, can join the military openly as a homosexual and their right to vote in regards to same sex marriages...

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I believe that this concept of equality (in the context of democracy and/or the US) means that humans all share something in common - the dignity of human life. That dignity and sacred spark should be equally respected and protected regardless of station in life, gender, religion, creed, color, etc.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I believe that this concept of equality (in the context of democracy and/or the US) means that humans all share something in common - the dignity of human life. That dignity and sacred spark should be equally respected and protected regardless of station in life, gender, religion, creed, color, etc.

I disagree.
The idea of all men being equal in the USA is based upon the idealistic thought that everyone is to be treated the same under the legal system.

However, it is plain to see that the USA, though it claims to hold to this ideal, has failed greatly in the actual practice.

The dignity and sacred spark of human life is yet another idealistic thought that the world over has failed greatly in.
That is not to say that the dignity and sacred spark of human life should not be respected or that the ideal is not something to strive for.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
No human is exactly equal as a physical thinking being.
However "Human rights" are held to be equal for every one.

This, is of course an Ideal, that is never achieved.

We should all have the right to make the most of all the abilities that we are born with.
However some are born with mental or physical defects, and try as they might, their progress through life will be handicapped.

Some societies affirm that such people should be given "social help" Others do little or nothing.

Others are handicapped through accident of birth, in a situation that offers little or no opportunities for progress. How these make their way in life can depend both on their innate abilities, and pure chance.

Nothing is more unequal than "Equality"

waitasec

Veteran Member
But how are we all born equal? Some people are born differently... with no facial bones... with various kinds of deformities (mental and physical).

those are the consequences of life. the consequence surrounding the life you're born into really has nothing to do with who you are. a living being.
that is self evident. are you saying a child born in poverty is less of a human being then one born into wealth?

Numinous

Philosopher
From what I have been told by religions and some democracies (USA for example) is that all men/women are created equal or they all have intrinsic rights to be equal. I can think of many ways that people are are not created equal nor ever treated equal.

It seams that the far opposite is much more true. Basic examples would be a child born with a drug addiction, or a person who was born handicapped, or the person that develops a problem from their genes. How did the concept that people are created equal begin. Should people really think we are all equal to one another.
If I may:

Supposing two students take a math test.

Student one, studies extremely hard day in and day out for 3 weeks. On test day Student one receives a C-

Student two, studies not at all. On test day Student two receives an A+

Shall we reward one greater than the other? Why or why not?

gnomon

We are not created.

We are not equal.

The laws of the nation should be applied equally except in those areas where an individual is constitutionally incapable of meeting the definitions of the law.

.lava

Veteran Member

IMO we need to know everything to make that judgement. for now we only analyze what we see. i believe there's much more than what we could see physically. who knows? maybe we are equally not equal

waitasec

Veteran Member
If I may:

Supposing two students take a math test.

Student one, studies extremely hard day in and day out for 3 weeks. On test day Student one receives a C-

Student two, studies not at all. On test day Student two receives an A+

Shall we reward one greater than the other? Why or why not?

if i may as well :)

well you forgot to mention the one that got the lower grade exceeds in their physicality, a better athlete and much more pleasing to the eye...

life is consequence and we are subjected to these consequences...

Numinous

Philosopher
if i may as well :)

well you forgot to mention the one that got the lower grade exceeds in their physicality, a better athlete and much more pleasing to the eye...

life is consequence and we are subjected to these consequences...
No I gave a specific situation with a specific outcome, and asked the following. Do we value effort more than we value results? At least I attempted to. I spoke nothing of physiques.

The question of equality can be answered when we decide what we value. If we value equality no matter our advantages or disadvantages, than to that person people will seem equal.
There are many who feel those that contribute and offer more positive results are more valuable than those that don't.

The US president for example, we spend millions for his safety, because we feel he is more valuable than others. For example, if an attack happened in DC, more stress would be placed on making sure the president is safe before others in the white house are safe.

So you see even in our nation, we preach equality, but blatantly act otherwise.

Complicated mess really.

linwood

The concept should be interpreted as "Everyone has the right to be treated equitably".
Not that everyone is literally "equal".