• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

People who speak more than one language: How to say "I love you" in your language?

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
This is for the people here who speak/write more than one language. How do you say "I love you" in your native language?

Let's hear it and spread the love! :flower2: :hug:

Draka

Wonder Woman
Rubber chair.

Okay...this is an inside thing in our family. When my daughter was still kind of in that babbling-talking stage I told her "I love you" and she tried to say "love you too" and it came out kind of "wub eh cheh". She kept saying it because I would say "what? did you say love you too?" and she would nod her head and say it again and each time kept sounding more like "rubber chair". So now..."rubber chair" means "love you" or "love you too" in our house. :p

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
This is for the people here who speak/write more than one language. How do you say "I love you" in your native language?

Let's hear it and spread the love! :flower2: :hug:
If you're asking about native tongues, why ask people who are multilingual? :p

fosterjonnie

Thought it was ♥ Day. LOL…Anyways it’s “eu te amo” for us (in my home country) though I was staying on my granny somewhere in the US after I graduated.

not nom

though I don't exactly speak those languages, I also know it in hungarian and romanian, "szeretlek" and "te iubesc" respectively. I like those.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
correct: "Ich liebe euch, meine Freunde." :)

(^ perfectionism is how germans show love btw)

Interesting. That's not how my Bavarian friends say it, but what do I know?

Actually, I believe "ich liebe euch, meine Freunde" means "I love my friends" which is a bit of a different meaning. "Fruende" is plural, "freund" is singular. So I should have said, "Ich liebe dich, mein freund."

But like I said, I'm no expert on German.

Last edited:

not nom

Actually, I believe "ich liebe euch, meine Freunde" means "I love my friends" which is a bit of a different meaning.

no, it's "I love you, my friends."

"dich" is singular -> "euch" would be plural
"mein" is singular -> "meine" would be plural

both distinctions don't really exist in english with that phrase ("you" and "my" always stays the same), so that's how one can spot native english speakers - just like germans tend to say "that's interesting, or?" (instead of "isn't it") haha :D

[youtube]Mb4KCOle8wk[/youtube]
Ich liebe euch Leute, ach Leckt mich Freunde - YouTube

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Well, all I know is that when I go to Germany, I can shop and eat with very few problems - oh, and I can always find the bathroom! German is a fun and fairly easy language - you just have to have the self confidence to just start talking without worrying too much about linguistic perfection. I have found most Germans to be very patient (though sometimes bemused) while I butcher their language.

And I get a kick out of my German friends saying things like, "Haff you any snacks in Texas?" What he was trying to say was "Do you have any SNAKES in Texas?" It took us a few minutes to sort that one out - I kept trying to tell him about Tex Mex foods, and he kept thinking that I was telling him about SNACKS made out of SNAKES. Which, ironically, is something that actually does exist around here.