• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

People who speak more than one language: How to say "I love you" in your language?

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Saying "Mi Amor" it´s an indirect but implicit "I love you".

Literaly translated as "My love" and it means you are saying the person that they are your love. Like a way of saying "pumpking pie" or "honey" or "You there"

:D

Similar "honey"s are :

Mi vida
(My life)
Mi Cielo
(My sky/heaven)
Mi reina
(my queen)
Preciosa
(precious)

Of course some people also say

Mi gorda
(my fatty one (femenine))

and

Mi Gordo

(my fatty one (masculine) xD )

It´s (generaly) not meant to be an insult at all, nor means that s/he is actually fat.

Silly things :D

Missed one that my wife's family uses for little kids

Mi Gordito or Mi Gordita depending

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Hamme tumse pyaar hai (Hindi)
Mai tainu ishq karda haa/Kardi haa (Punjabi)
Tume ke manacho (Bengali)
Hum tum se mahaubat hai (Pakastani)

I love the serie called "Kitni Mohabat hai "

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Around our house, when we speak in Dog, we say, "Do my puppy babies (seventy pound grown dogs) want a BO-O-O-O-O-O-O-NE?" and they respond by howling.

This means of course, "I love you" both ways.

LegionOnomaMoi

Veteran Member
Premium Member
"'I love you'; 'Je t'aime'; 'Ich liebe Dich'; 'Io t'amo'... there is no language on earth into which this phrase cannot be exactly translated, on condition that, for what is meant by it, speech is unnecessary, so long as, instead of opening his mouth, the speaker might equally well point a finger first at himself, then at 'You' and follow this up with a gesture in imitation of the act of 'making love'"

-Auden