• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Perceptions of Israel Before and After the Start of the War

Since the war started, has your perception of Israel changed?

• Yes. From overall positively to now overall neutrally or almost neutrally.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes. From overall positively to now overall negatively.

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Yes. From overall neutrally or almost neutrally to now overall positively.

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Yes. From overall neutrally or almost neutrally to now overall negatively.

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Yes. From overall negatively to now overall positively.

• Yes. From overall negatively to now overall neutrally or almost neutrally.

• No. From overall positively to now overall positively.

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • No. From overall neutrally or almost neutrally to overall the same now.

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • No. From overall negatively to now overall negatively.

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Other (please clarify in the thread).

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Loaded question.

Do you have any evidence to rationally conclude that I support Israel no matter what they do? That I support my religion no matter what it does?

If not, then do you consider yourself rational?

If so, and you won't post it, isn't that cowardly?

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Loaded question.

The words under your avatar include practical.

What is practical about your behavior in this thread?

What is practical about your opinions of me?

What is practical about your opinion of Israel?

What is practical about your opinion of Judaism?

In brief: do you post anything practical?

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש

What is practical about posting this video with no comments?

Why didn't you research it?

Is it practical to ignore the fact:

Palestinians are selling their land, taking the money, then they refuse to leave.

You're a land lord. What do you do if a tenant, doesn't leave at the end of their lease and you have a new lease with a new tenant. What do you call such a person? Their squatters, right? Is it practical to let the squatters stay as long as they want? Stealing rent from you?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
You implied that I am a fanatic. Which means that you implied that my position is fanatical.
Wait...
earlier you claimed I called you a fanatic.
You even reported the post over it.
Now you are claiming I implied you are a fanatic?

And from your assumed implications you think you have something other than an assumption of my opinion about your opinion of the Israel fiasco?

I am now going to go get me some pain meds....

Regiomontanus

Eastern Orthodox
As a Jew growing up in the 1950's and 60'a, I was utterly pro Israel. As I've written before here, that changed gradually starting after the 1973 war.

When the horrible Hamas attack happened, my response was very pro-Israel. I felt that the monsters who carried out the attack needed to be killed. But as the war has continued, I returned to my prior view of the mess. I returned to my realization that the horror that is the Middle East has roots in the Torah and Quran. Both sides can cite respective scriptures that show that the other side is evil and hated by God. Jewish settlers commit atrocities on Muslim Palestinians in the West Bank. Hamas's horrible atrocity filled attack with rape and murder of babies is utterly depraved. The leaders of both sizes profit from the horror in different ways. The voices for reconciliation on both sides are too weak to stop the horror.

So from pro-Israel to balanced to pro-Israel and again to balanced.

I have always been 'pro-Jewish' because our Lord and savior was a Jew, among other reasons. I love the Jewish people and of course support (unlike Hamas) their right to exist. I condemn, though, Bibi and his extremist, murderous enablers in his ruling coalition. I sincerely pray that Israel finds its way back to the path of righteousness.