• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please Not Again!

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
No, you dint suggest.
Your post exhibited it.
It's sexist to make fun of AOC for being ditzy,
but it's The Truth to make fun of Palin for her ditz.

Straw man.
You said "equally" to win an argument I dint make.
I've seen Palin criticized for her words and stance on policy (and no differently than others of her party). "Ditzy" is your choice of verbage, and Palin was your choice of whataboutism.
People knee-jerk toward AOC in a way they don't toward most other Dems.
This is just an observation. Don't let it get you steamed and roiled.

Audie

Veteran Member
Ah -- I see your point. "World ending" was rather hyperbolic, but I think she's just reflecting the views of many climate scientists and the looming threat of unrecoverable tipping points being triggered.

People go into denial in the face of massive threats. They feel helpless and dismiss them. Cassandras and their discomfiting facts are ignored or laughed at.

Palin was ditzy. She was a reactionary. pandering to nativists. She led with emotionalism rather than facts or analysis.
Palin gave a speech in HK but somehow
didn't really wow anyone.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I've seen Palin criticized for her words and stance on policy (and no differently than others of her party). "Ditzy" is your choice of verbage, and Palin was your choice of whataboutism.
People knee-jerk toward AOC in a way they don't toward most other Dems.
This is just an observation. Don't let it get you steamed and roiled.
Knee-jerk defense of AOC.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Who is better? DeSantis? Trump pandered to Christo-fascists but was not one. DeSantis is! Pence is, Haley is, Scott is, etc. The current crop of GOP folks are theocrats. Who is left?
More like wolves in theocrat's clothing. They're pandering for evangelical votes.
Their motto: "The end justifies the means."

PureX

Veteran Member
Who is better? DeSantis? Trump pandered to Christo-fascists but was not one. DeSantis is! Pence is, Haley is, Scott is, etc. The current crop of GOP folks are theocrats. Who is left?
They all believe that they have to at least pretend to pander to them, to win. Because they can't win without them. But they also can't win without the independent voters in the middle, and those folks have become sick to death of the republicans pandering to fascist extremists.

The American people have always had a strong fascist streak that rears it's ugly head every so often. But in the end the majority comes to it's senses and the fascism is subverted. I think we are reaching that point, now. It will take a while for the sickness to fully abate, and it will always be latent, as that seems to be who we are, but the insanity has gone as far as it can. Trump can't win. DisSantis can't win. Pense won't win. And any republican that continues to pander to extremism is going to lose, eventually. Biden could implode, and lose, but that seems unlikely at the moment. And he even seems to be hinting at becoming more progressive. Though no one is going to believe it unless he actually DOES something progressive. And that's difficult given the near total stagnation of the government process.

But even as the winds are changing, a LOT of damage has been done. And it will take a long time to undo it. Especially in the judiciary.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I never suggested anything of the sort. It's silly to suggest that one side is wholly good while the other is wholly bad, but it's also silly to suggest that each side is equally proportionate in goodness/badness.
Yep, as certain people frequently tend to use "false equivalencies" a lot.