• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poll: Are you an animal?

Are you an animal?

• Total voters

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
Don't try shift the blame to me because you chose not to be impeccable with your word and use lazy wording, especially given the subject matter in this thread. If you mean non-human animal, then you should have specified that as I did in a previous post instead of lazily using the term "animal."
I was obviously using the word "animal" in its traditional sense, in the language the other poster was using

That was clear from the context it was in

"Animals don't wage war" is nonsensical unless you are using traditional definitions, as humans clearly do wage war

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
I was obviously using the word "animal" in its traditional sense, in the language the other poster was using

That was clear from the context it was in

"Animals don't wage war" is nonsensical unless you are using traditional definitions, as humans clearly do wage war
And I made it more clear for you.

You're welcome.

Betho_br

Really? Why not?

And what, exactly, is a "metaphysical being?" The word itself simply means "before physics," but that doesn't tell you much, except that it makes an assumption that it immediately cannot validate -- that there is anything before existence. As the Existentialist philosophers say, "existence precedes essence."
For those who argue that "existence precedes essence," it’s crucial to consider the concept of epigenetic inheritance and the profound impact of transcendent forces. Epigenetic inheritance clearly shows that our traumas and life experiences directly shape our genetics and, consequently, our identity and behavior. This challenges the notion that essence is merely a result of existence. Additionally, the influence of deities and cultural traditions, often tied to sacrifices and conflicts, demonstrates that external and transcendent factors play a fundamental role in shaping our identity. Therefore, the idea that essence is solely derived from existence is a gross oversimplification. The reality is that essence is shaped by a complex interplay of biological factors and transcendent influences that precede and mold our understanding of meaning and purpose.

Mechanisms of Epigenetic Inheritance in Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
@Eddi ...Have any Chimps or orangutans given their opinions?
Chimpanzees and orangutans are highly intelligent sentient beings. In their natural habitat, they face everyday obstacles such as foraging for food, navigating their environment, participating in social activities and avoiding danger.Jan 24, 2018

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I must admit that I'm actually not an Animal. Although, if I had any talent and learned how to play a musical instrument and was about the same age as the group, I would have been proud and deeply honored to become an Animal.

the_animals-the_house_of_the_rising_sun-1.jpg

Betho_br

I must admit that I'm actually not an Animal. Although, if I had any talent and learned how to play a musical instrument and was about the same age as the group, I would have been proud and deeply honored to become an Animal.

the_animals-the_house_of_the_rising_sun-1.jpg

This folk music is so complex for those who truly sought a woman's true love...

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
@Eddi ...Have any Chimps or orangutans given their opinions?
Chimpanzees and orangutans are highly intelligent sentient beings. In their natural habitat, they face everyday obstacles such as foraging for food, navigating their environment, participating in social activities and avoiding danger.Jan 24, 2018
My cats leave their opinion...

Their opinions stink.