• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poll: Are you an animal?

Are you an animal?

• Total voters

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I'm human, but on days when my mood is foul when I'm hating people I have taken to saying those I like aren't people because I hate people but I don't hate them. So they're not people.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
And if not then what are you?

< Aham Brahmamsi.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
I have a kitchen drawer full of forks and spoons made of stainless steel. Are you telling me that because they're all just the same stainless steel, then the spoons are also forks and the forks are also spoons?
No. That would be silly. But thanks for the analogy.

In your analogy, stainless steel = animals. Forks = humans. Spoons (knives, spatulas, ladles, etc.) = non-human animals.

Secret Chief

Degrow!
Animal but also person. Other animals could be thought of as persons too, I suppose. I don’t think there’s a definitive dividing line.
Well, I always like to point out that animal personhood research comes from different theoretical directions: animal rights, animal welfare, compassionate conservation, animal rights law, and many related disciplines. The term “personhood” is taken to lie in three main characteristics, including the capacity to act intentionally, the capacity to experience feelings, and the possession of moral worth. This division is complementary to three approaches: the perfectionist approach, the humanistic approach, and the interactive approach, with the third approach being the strongest. The basic idea is that personhood can be linked to legal rights based on recognition of intrinsic rights based on sentience or other characteristics of a living being, including personality. The move toward recognizing animal personhood in education promises to signify a return to a nonanthropocentric ethic that characterizes both the most transformative forms of education for environmental sustainability and the type of education that stresses responsibility and compassion toward all living beings. This type of education, at both the school and university levels, supports both ecocentrism and animal ethics and supports the rights to life of all living beings on Earth—including, to state the obvious, humans.
Animal Personhood in Sustainability Education

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
Yep. People do this quite frequently.

"Humankind" are animals.
I was talking about non-human animals, as the person that was in response to was using the term "animal" to refer to non humans

And I think you know that but are just being difficult

Non human animals don't wage war or genocide

They are purer than humans and morr moral

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
And I think you know that but are just being difficult
Don't try shift the blame to me because you chose not to be impeccable with your word and use lazy wording, especially given the subject matter in this thread. If you mean non-human animal, then you should have specified that as I did in a previous post instead of lazily using the term "animal."