• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poll: Are you an animal?

Are you an animal?

• Total voters

Pawpatrol

What has this thread to do with transgender? Please keep your hatreds where they belong
It has everything to do with it. Marrying one's dog, cutting off one's penis because one feels put off by it, and not knowing the difference between man and animal can all be considered a kind of an illness. Well the former two are a definite illness. Likewise, pretending that a man is just like an animal is a backward way of thinking that leads to immorality.

Betho_br

That must have been scary?
Indeed, there was no literature at the time to help me with that incident. I had a very nutrient-poor diet; perhaps it was a deficiency in vitamins and minerals. This was the second manifestation; the first occurred when I was a child, when the first priest in the world manifested as an adversary to me. During my pilgrimages among the northern tribes, I experienced several teleportations that helped me escape pitfalls, as well as controlling rain and droughts for years. I behaved like iron in numerous accidents: collisions with trucks in two accidents, in one of which I was thrown more than ten meters, and in another I was dragged underneath it for about 5 meters; a large tree fell on me, and a lightning strike hit my head, killing nearby animals, among many others. All of this is documented and witnessed by dozens of people..."

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I identify as a poached salmon marinated in a white wine sauce.

Joking of course. Actually, I'm a human.
Oh,yes? And where does "human" fit in the Linnaean System? I believe that our genus, "Homo" shows up in this chart:

Domain:Eukaryota
Kingdom:Animalia
Phylum:Chordata
Class:Mammalia
Order:Primates
Suborder:Haplorhini
Infraorder:Simiiformes
Family:Hominidae
Subfamily:Homininae
Tribe:Hominini
Subtribe:Hominina
Genus:Homo

Yep! There we are, firmly in the Kingdom "Animalia"

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It has everything to do with it. Marrying one's dog, cutting off one's penis because one feels put off by it, and not knowing the difference between man and animal can all be considered a kind of an illness. Well the former two are a definite illness. Likewise, pretending that a man is just like an animal is a backward way of thinking that leads to immorality.

WTF has a dog to do with this thread? Thats just hatred and bullpoop
How a person feels about themselves is not an illness.
Depends on your definition of morality. Personally i think flying planes into occupied buildings is immoral, how about you?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
My apologies then. I must have confused you with someone else.

I still hold that asking "what are you if you're not an animal" is confused.
You do know there is more than one definition of the word animal, right?

jkbyutvlho.png

Pawpatrol

Of course I'm an animal. We can get a team of surgeons to cut me into the tiniest gobbits, and you won't find a single thing that does not appear in some other animal, and the vast majority of what you'll find has analogues in most other animals.
I have a kitchen drawer full of forks and spoons made of stainless steel. Are you telling me that because they're all just the same stainless steel, then the spoons are also forks and the forks are also spoons?

Betho_br

Of course I'm an animal. We can get a team of surgeons to cut me into the tiniest gobbits, and you won't find a single thing that does not appear in some other animal, and the vast majority of what you'll find has analogues in most other animals.
The Pirahã tribe, who have never heard of a god, are they more evolved than us?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I have a kitchen drawer full of forks and spoons made of stainless steel. Are you telling me that because they're all just the same stainless steel, then the spoons are also forks and the forks are also spoons?
They are silverware.
You know, just like there are different types of animals, there are different types of silverware.

So your 'example' actually hurts your stance, not helps it.