• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poll: Theist, Atheist, Agnostic, Other

Which are you: Theist, Atheist, Agnostic, Other (explain)?

• Theist

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • Atheist

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Agnostic

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 10 19.6%

• Total voters

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
Seyorni said:
Other

I believe we are dreaming our world/reality; that our world is an entirely illusory, Matrix-like construct.
It is perfectly possible to dream a reality ruled by Jehova, Odin, Krishna -- or by no-one.

Your dream is your (subjective) reality.

You're all right.
Nice.

The "universe" is made up of words and symbols. It is the power of the word that creates everything I experience - including "me." In that sense, "I" can create whatever "reality" I want to experience - though it helps to be awake to the fact that I am dreaming.

It's 6:03.

Time to wake up!

the doppleganger

SoliDeoGloria

*SoliDeoGloria sticks his finger in his ear, takes it out and then sticks it in his mouth and gives it a taste. He then takes his finger out of his mouth and declares:*

Yep, I'm a Theist.

Sincerely,
SoliDeoGloria

gnostic

The Lost One
Katzpur said:
But an atheist can not know for sure that God doesn't exist any more than a theist can know for sure that He does exist. See what I mean?

Both theists and atheists seemed to be very sure of existence and non-existence (respectively) of God. But if neither side are certain, then it is possible that they are agnostic, to a degree, but that doesn't make less so as either theist or atheist.

If theists continued to worship or follow a religion, regardless of their uncertainity over the theism isssue, then that doesn't make him or her agnostic in anyway. I think a certain amount of uncertainity in theism are allowed.

I could actuallly and easily be both agnostic theist and agnostic atheist, at the same time. But this would absolutely confusing.

Hacker

gnostic said:
I could actuallly and easily be both agnostic theist and agnostic atheist, at the same time. But this would absolutely confusing
Yeah,LOL, it's making my head spin just thinkin about it!:D

eudaimonia

Fellowship of Reason
I don't see atheist and agnostic as separate categories. I'm an agnostic-atheist (or a "weak atheist") for some god-concepts.

I also have a good dose of apatheist in me as well.

BTW, I don't identify my worldview primarily through these terms. I'm a Eudaimonist, and I regard my atheism as a trivial aspect of my worldview.

eudaimonia,

Mark

retrorich

SUPER NOT-A-MOD
Katzpur said:
As do I. But atheists are always saying, "I know for sure that God doesn't exist." How is it possible that theists know one thing "for sure," and atheists know the opposite thing "for sure"? I guess that's what I was asking.
I don't KNOW that God doesn't exist--but I do not BELIEVE that He exists. That defines my atheism. Other atheists may have other definitions.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Katzpur said:
As do I. But atheists are always saying, "I know for sure that God doesn't exist."
We're "always saying" that? Then it should be trivially easy for you to substantiate that statement with quotes ... :rolleyes:

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
gnostic said:
I could actuallly and easily be both agnostic theist and agnostic atheist, at the same time.
You are then to be congratulated on your capacity to be completely irrational.

Yerda

Veteran Member
gnostic said:
I could actuallly and easily be both agnostic theist and agnostic atheist, at the same time. But this would absolutely confusing.
Care to elaborate?

joeboonda

I am a theist. I believe in the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of the Holy Bible, and His Son Jesus Christ by whom we have forgiveness of sins and eternal life.