• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Polygamy and Polyandry - You decide

Songbird

She rules her life like a bird in flight
when the woman makes sex with many .
I have interseting question why no deseas aprear in Muslim countries because of Polygamy ? why the Muslims countries are the less rate in AIDS .
Worldwide HIV & AIDS Statistics

The AIDS rate in the Middle East and North Africa is in the range of most other nations, between .2 and .5% of the population, and the area ranks higher for other STDs than most nations.

A quote from the above link:

"With around 68 percent of all people living with HIV residing in sub-Saharan Africa, the region carries the greatest burden of the epidemic. Epidemics in Asia have remained relatively stable and are still largely concentrated among high-risk groups. Conversely, the number of people living with HIV in Eastern Europe and Central Asia has almost tripled since 2000."

Last edited:

blackout

Violet.
i honestly believe that the type of love you have for a life partner can never truly be shared among 3 or 4 people, the way u would in common marriage. to say truly that you love 3 women or vice verse inst really feasible.

This would make you NOT Poly.

Probably best not to speak for others though.

Me Myself

Back to my username
i honestly believe that the type of love you have for a life partner can never truly be shared among 3 or 4 people, the way u would in common marriage. to say truly that you love 3 women or vice verse inst really feasible.

Never have more than one kid then. One of them might actually be a daugther and then you wouldn´t be able to love your wife ;)

Of course I am working on the grounds that your relationship with your mom might not be ideal, which may also be false :ninja:

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
It still wouldn't be as bad as when the Prophet Mohammad married and then sexually abused a child. Now that's "how the animals living"
No one certain about the age of Aisha , because many hadiths confused about her age .
accuatly Aisha was as "Letter carrier" to next generation in that time , most of the Hadiths were told by her . she carry the message of Muhammad (phuh) to whole the world ,in his life and after his death .
edited : btw , she aint' abused to marry Prophet Muhammad , and there is no hadith or effect in the history of Islam told us that she abused to marry .
.what i know that my mother married at 15 and my grand mother married at 13 age old , and some others married at 12 , I ask my mother why you were married too young , she told me we were mature/able to mariage , in that time ,
she told me that in that time a girl of 12 years old looks like 20 years nowdays !!!!!!

Last edited:

Scott C.

Just one guy
Since it's impossible in the U.S. for a man to be legally married to more than one woman, a would-be polygamous man can only "pretend" to be polygamous.

What's the legal difference between 1) pretending to be married to two woman and having children by both and 2) having sex and children with two woman to whom you do not pretend to be married?

When polygamy was first outlawed in the U.S., adultery was illegal. Society saw polygamy as an excuse for adultery under the guise of marriage. By making it illegal, they stopped what they considered to be "legalized adultery".

I believe that polygamy and adultery and fornication are all immoral. But, I see inconsistency in prosecuting a man who pretends to be married to two women, but not prosecuting a man who just likes to sleep with different women.

Polygamy should not be recognized as a legal marriage, but those who pretend to the practice should not be prosecuted.

It's somewhat similar to gay marriage. Gay marriage is not recognized in most states, but gays who live together and "pretend" to be married are not prosecuted for doing so, nor should they be.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
The AIDS rate in the Middle East and North Africa is in the range of most other nations, between .2 and .5% of the population, and the area ranks higher for other STDs than most nations.

A quote from the above link:

"With around 68 percent of all people living with HIV residing in sub-Saharan Africa, the region carries the greatest burden of the epidemic. Epidemics in Asia have remained relatively stable and are still largely concentrated among high-risk groups. Conversely, the number of people living with HIV in Eastern Europe and Central Asia has almost tripled since 2000."
under muslims countries ;)
in Algeria we have 6115 infect by HIV , in population of 42 millions .

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Since it's impossible in the U.S. for a man to be legally married to more than one woman, a would-be polygamous man can only "pretend" to be polygamous.

What's the legal difference between 1) pretending to be married to two woman and having children by both and 2) having sex and children with two woman to whom you do not pretend to be married?

When polygamy was first outlawed in the U.S., adultery was illegal. Society saw polygamy as an excuse for adultery under the guise of marriage. By making it illegal, they stopped what they considered to be "legalized adultery".

I believe that polygamy and adultery and fornication are all immoral. But, I see inconsistency in prosecuting a man who pretends to be married to two women, but not prosecuting a man who just likes to sleep with different women.

Polygamy should not be recognized as a legal marriage, but those who pretend to the practice should not be prosecuted.

It's somewhat similar to gay marriage. Gay marriage is not recognized in most states, but gays who live together and "pretend" to be married are not prosecuted for doing so, nor should they be.
I am agree with you in some opinions .
sorry of this expresion , but it's looks a hypocrisy situation , why allowed adultery and gay/lesbien mariage ? and ban polygamy ?

acuatly if you ask in one in the west how many woman passed in your live will told stories . even they mariage they made sex with other woman .

let's be honest in the west as i know if a woman cheat her husband with other man " new lover " , she would not blame , she will be as hero if she punished by her husband . they give you the right to cheat you each other by the name of "LOVE"

Songbird

She rules her life like a bird in flight
under muslims countries ;)
in Algeria we have 6115 infect by HIV , in population of 42 millions .

Yes, obviously sub-saharan Africa is an exception. The bolded portion of the quote is what caught my eye.

Draka

Wonder Woman
I don't believe it's a matter of "pretend". There is legal marriage, and there is a personal or religious marriage commitment. Gay couples may get married in the eyes of their religion or just themselves, they've made that commitment. What they want is the right to marry legally. I believe it is possible for a person to legally marry one spouse and religiously marry other spouses and legally account for them in another way through wills and other legal agreements.

Me Myself

Back to my username
let's be honest in the west as i know if a woman cheat her husband with other man " new lover " , she would not blame , she will be as hero if she punished by her husband . they give you the right to cheat you each other by the name of "LOVE"

You are sooo far in generalization...

Let´s say that is as unfair as saying that in muslim countries people hit women for no purpose.

Cheating in general is viewed as wrong. Cheating on a loving and faithfull husband/wife is terribly wrong. Now DIVORCING is another scenario.

Things ar ejust not black and white, there are wide spectrums of grays in real life.

no-body

God created us (men) first :D i am just joking of course .

the dignity of the man comes from his authority and his duty , he suppose the responsible , to care about his wife and his family and protect them , if he has a partern share his wife , where is the dignity ?

If a woman had more than one male partner that would mean she is well taken care of by your standards. Why does having multiple partners for a female mean less dignity? A man with multiple female partners has lots of authorities and duties to take care of, sounds like a headache.

and in this case (if we accept this) will jump to next level , his mother , his sister , and daughter , why not ? let's break the boards , this is how the animals living .

A lot of male animals also have multiple female partners to spread the seed around, some animals live monogamously, some of them are bi-sexual, some of them are homosexual. Not sure what your point is. Guess what, humans are animals too :flirt:

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
Can you love 3 or 4 children the way you love 1 or is your love cut into parts with each child?

Yes and no. There are, as noted, religious marriages and commitment ceremonies. Don't assume that it's only one man and multiple women though, common error - polygyny refers to the arrangement you speak of, polygamy is more general.

Mostly none.

No, mostly the U.S. saw it as a way to discriminate against the Latter Day Saints.
Agreed, which is why you rarely see a bigamy prosecution unless there are two legal marriages and deception - typically tax fraud as well - going on.

I'd like to see it legalized, myself. Complex though it might be. I'm biased though.

I don't believe it's a matter of "pretend". There is legal marriage, and there is a personal or religious marriage commitment. Gay couples may get married in the eyes of their religion or just themselves, they've made that commitment. What they want is the right to marry legally. I believe it is possible for a person to legally marry one spouse and religiously marry other spouses and legally account for them in another way through wills and other legal agreements.
Possible, but many of those agreements can be challenged in court. The same way same-sex partners have their documents challenged by bigoted family :-/

blackout

Violet.
So your whole comparison with freeing the slaves and the emancipation of women (did you mean suffrage?) was inaccurate.

IF the time comes that critical mass comes to support the idea of legal Poly marriages,
it will all get worked out just like every other major change
and set of connected changes
has been worked out before it.

Now sit down and eat the rest of your ABC soup.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
You are sooo far in generalization...

as you said in the west " what you see is what you got ." what you called in the west civilisation .
when the girls wearing nuked clothes (not in the beach , in the public road )

the problem is way of living that became in the west , it's destory by the time the family definition , most of the couple live with each other without mariage , and rare when you found a virgin girl or boy ...etc

Let´s say that is as unfair as saying that in muslim countries people hit women for no purpose.
yes some men in muslim countries bit hardly their woman ,and this is way "hardly " not allow in Islam it's forbiden.and it's not allowed in LAW , she will put him in the prison if she goes to police .
but honesly the wife sometimes love the man who bit her(softly) in the right time when she get wrong ,to feel her feminity and that she is with a MAN not male .

Cheating in general is viewed as wrong. Cheating on a loving and faithfull husband/wife is terribly wrong. Now DIVORCING is another scenario.
You absolutly right brother , the divorce is the best solution if you hate your partner , not cheating him .

Things ar ejust not black and white, there are wide spectrums of grays in real life.
of course there is diversity in this world ,but this diversity let us the choice to choose the right way to live . it's just like the chaning the way of living . or the place where do you live for exemple (if your neighbore had wrong way of living )

Draka

Wonder Woman
yes some men in muslim countries bit hardly their woman ,and this is way "hardly " not allow in Islam it's forbiden.and it's not allowed in LAW , she will put him in the prison if she goes to police .
but honesly the wife sometimes love the man who bit her(softly) in the right time when she get wrong ,to feel her feminity and that she is with a MAN not male .
Wait, are you saying women like, or appreciate, being hit every once and a while because it reminds them of their "femininity?" That it reminds them of their place and that they are with a "man"? :eek: Seriously? Speaking as a woman, a woman who has been hit by her ex, that has got to be one of the most disturbing things I think I've read. Let's make this very clear, any man who hits a woman "when she gets wrong" is NOT a man...but a cowardly excuse for a human being. There is NOTHING feminine about being hit, no matter how "softly" it may be done (then we get into a whole other argument about how much is hard and how much is soft).

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
...and we Muslims wonder why we are so misunderstood. :facepalm:

Quite frankly, and with all due respect, Godobeyer, your post really has nothing to do with the topic. I'll address it anyway, just because I can't let this continue.

Honestly:

Godobeyer said:

I'd LOVE to meet a woman who feels suddenly more feminine after her "manly" husband put a bruise on her body. Beating softly? NO SUCH THING.

in Islam it's forbiden.and it's not allowed in LAW , she will put him in the prison if she goes to police .

I wish her the very best finding a non-corrupt police officer who didn't get bribed right in front of her bruised face. Unfortunately, men rarely, if ever, see the inside of a jail cell for "softly" beating his wife...or not-so-softly beating her to a pulp. Most of the time family members "talk her out of it" before it even reaches that point. What about her "honor"? Let's think about this for a moment. What kind of lifestyle will that woman have if she does leave her husband? Hmmm, not very good in most "Muslim" societies...it's sad, but very true.

Oh lord. :facepalm: What does this have to do with the topic at hand?

the problem is way of living that became in the west , it's destory by the time the family definition , most of the couple live with each other without mariage , and rare when you found a virgin girl or boy ...etc

Talk about stereotypes...do you really think this is how Western life is? You should come visit sometime. ;)

Last edited:

Godobeyer

Premium Member
...and we Muslims wonder why we are so misunderstood. :facepalm:

Quite frankly, and with all due respect, Godobeyer, your post really has nothing to do with the topic. I'll address it anyway, just because I can't let this continue.

Honestly:

honesly I always try to be honest .and share my pure opinion and experience.

I'd LOVE to meet a woman who feels suddenly more feminine after her "manly" husband put a bruise on her body. Beating softly? NO SUCH THING.
honesly and as my life experience , the woman prefer the MAN who control and protect her . and beat her "slap " if she makes wrong with him .
I wish her the very best finding a non-corrupt police officer who didn't get bribed right in front of her bruised face. Unfortunately, men rarely, if ever, see the inside of a jail cell for "softly" beating his wife...or not-so-softly beating her to a pulp. Most of the time family members "talk her out of it" before it even reaches that point. What about her "honor"? Let's think about this for a moment. What kind of lifestyle will that woman have if she does leave her husband? Hmmm, not very good in most "Muslim" societies...it's sad, but very true.
you make situation dificult ..., bad police... and her honor ...., societies....... .
if she had bad luck ,it's not my problem

Oh lord. :facepalm: What does this have to do with the topic at hand?
Mr Me Myself told why i generalization the situation , i told him because your civilisation , and in that civilisation you had almost nuked clothes girls in public area

it's was just an exemple .:)

Talk about stereotypes...do you really think this is how Western life is? You should come visit sometime.
it's invitation ?

Last edited:

Draka

Wonder Woman
honesly and as my life experience , the woman prefer the MAN who control and protect her . and beat her "slap " if she makes wrong with him .
Then your experience has been with women who were so abused and taught that was okay that they didn't believe they deserved any better. No woman truly likes to be hit. It does not make a man a "man" to hit a woman...ever. Any man who does, or believes that way, is a coward and has no business even being around a woman. Flat out, if you hit a woman you are not a man, you are nothing.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Wait, are you saying women like, or appreciate, being hit every once and a while because it reminds them of their "femininity?" That it reminds them of their place and that they are with a "man"? :eek: Seriously? Speaking as a woman, a woman who has been hit by her ex, that has got to be one of the most disturbing things I think I've read. Let's make this very clear, any man who hits a woman "when she gets wrong" is NOT a man...but a cowardly excuse for a human being. There is NOTHING feminine about being hit, no matter how "softly" it may be done (then we get into a whole other argument about how much is hard and how much is soft).
in generale i am with you, the man who slap a woman is not man. he is cheap .

but i am talking about a man with his wife (lover woman).
sorry i am not accuatly i did not try to provoke you as women , but it's reality not something writen in webpages , and i am taking/claim as my experience .
I am not said that it's right"but it's prefered " ;) when someone slap his lover when she got wrong with him .

Last edited: