• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Posit: The Concept of the Supernatural Cannot Exist.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
That phrase doesn't apply here.

Point is your opinion and my opinion are both ultimately subjective and are only as good as how well we objectively considered both sides.
My point exactly, and I believe that you are more guilty of not seeing the 'other side' than most. Sure, there is a large body of work in paranormal research over a 150 year period. There is also however, a far, far vaster and more reliable body of work addressing and examining that research - none of which you appear to have considered.

In previous conversations you place the blame for disbelief in the paranormal on the percieved bias of whoever is doubting it - what you seem to forget is that thousands of the researchers were honest, men and women of faith. If there was evidence for the paranormal it would have been published by now.

Now you have said that science rejects such evidence because it challenges materialism - well the thing is George that it doesn't. If the Ganzfield exp proved telepathy absolutely - that would not challenge materialism one single iota. Telepathy would simply be established to be a natural phenomenon.

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
You may have missed my point. How then does Cephus come to an opinion on any disputed topic in spirituality and the paranormal?? Does he not consider both sides?

There's only one side that has been demonstrated. When do you think that the other side will actually present anything to examine objectively?

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
It appears that you are equating the natural with the physical. So, I'm failing to see why the nonphysical cannot exist.

No one has said that it cannot exist, you simply have not shown that it does. When are you going to do that?

Etritonakin

Things might be "super" compared to our human abilities/nature, but what you say is correct.
Some believe that the miraculous cannot be explained or understood -and even that such is the definition of miraculous, but such would truly be beyond our present understanding.
Many scoff at things in the bible because they see them as "impossible" -because they cannot do them or understand how another might.

There may even be things so complex that humans would be incapable of "getting their heads around them", as they say -due to the limitations of our minds.

Still, all that can be is of the same nature.