• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Post your pic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntEmpire

34746_1492322863658_1101602962_1466458_2491237_n.jpg

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist
Copernicus in front of Lenin's Tomb in 1965 shortly before being arrested for wearing chartreuse sweater in public--a crime against the Communist Party.

copernicus-1965.jpg

Copernicus makes the news in Brittany as a hippie grad student in 1971.

copernicus-1971.jpg

BeckyRose1998

PICKLES THE KID
whenbrycecameonxd.jpg

I was crying in this pic. my brothers and my dad said I can't sing and that shouldn't sing in front of anyone. rude right? ugh well, I went on facebook right when they said that to see Bryce (the guy I love <3) online and he talked me through it. I felt better!!

*Anne*

Bliss Ninny
I was crying in this pic. my brothers and my dad said I can't sing and that shouldn't sing in front of anyone. rude right?
Don't listen to them. My 15 year old is a dramatic soprano, and she plays piano beautifully. Her father* thinks she "sings funny," :rolleyes: and her grandfather actually came out and said the pieces she played during her most recent piano recital were "terrible." (Thankfully, she wasn't around to her Grandpa's rather brainless comment.)

*sigh* Some men...

* He's coming around though. Grandpa, however, is still an ***!

Last edited:

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I want to hear Becky sing I got $20 that says shes amazing.
Poor Becki Rose. Her dad had her in tears! She does have a nice voice and a loud one, too. Her father is a critic of everyone, he will point out several professional singers who sing "flat". I tell Becki this, but she won't listen to me.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Don't feel too bad BeckyRose, My father used to tell me I wasn't breathing right and that I should stop. Pfffft. Fortunately I was a smart kid: I only had to pass out 15 or 20 times before I became wise to his little joke.

Draka

Wonder Woman
I was crying in this pic. my brothers and my dad said I can't sing and that shouldn't sing in front of anyone. rude right? ugh well, I went on facebook right when they said that to see Bryce (the guy I love <3) online and he talked me through it. I felt better!!

Poor Becki Rose. Her dad had her in tears! She does have a nice voice and a loud one, too. Her father is a critic of everyone, he will point out several professional singers who sing "flat". I tell Becki this, but she won't listen to me.

Becky Rose, my father has been playing piano professionally on and off since he was 8 years old. He was, and still is, extremely critical of musical artists and genres. I grew up with him basically telling me to shut up because I couldn't sing. When you have someone who has made music the vast majority of their life tell you you can't sing you tend to believe it. However, once I got out of my parents house and I was in the military things changed. From boot camp on. In boot camp a bunch of us were sitting around one evening trying to come up with new cadence songs and we were all singing our suggestions, good or bad voices, and when I sang mine I had the resounding response that I was VERY good and I should really be our cadence singer. A year or so later I got up the courage to go to a karaoke bar and found that I was so good that people started to request particular songs from me. I have made full bars erupt with screams and yells. I've had people ask me to sing at their weddings. Point is...just because someone has a lousy opinion of your singing, even if they are close to you or supposedly good at music, does not mean that they are right or that their opinion is even shared by very many other people. I still don't sing in front of my father. I'm still sure he would negatively criticize me. Really though...it's his loss. Don't let your father or brother EVER put you down...and if they do...IGNORE it.

*Anne*

Bliss Ninny
Point is...just because someone has a lousy opinion of your singing, even if they are close to you or supposedly good at music, does not mean that they are right or that their opinion is even shared by very many other people.
:yes:
My husband once told me that he hates the way I sing. (?!) (I think he was crabby at the time, otherwise why anyone would just come out and say that is beyond me. Mind you, the sound of his family attempting to sing "Happy Birthday" would make your ears bleed.)

Anywho, my daughter gets her operatic voice from me. She is praised by her choir director and others for her talent, and she's hoping to make Vocal Performance one of her majors in college. Not bad for someone who "sings funny".

Just_me_Mike

:yes:
My husband once told me that he hates the way I sing. (?!) (I think he was crabby at the time, otherwise why anyone would just come out and say that is beyond me. Mind you, the sound of his family attempting to sing "Happy Birthday" would make your ears bleed.)

Anywho, my daughter gets her operatic voice from me. She is praised by her choir director and others for her talent, and she's hoping to make Vocal Performance one of her majors in college. Not bad for someone who "sings funny".
He's just jealous he can't make you sing like that :flirt: ;)

*Anne*

Bliss Ninny
Heh...thanks. I'll be honest and admit that since he shared that particular opinion with me, I do annoy him by singing a couple of songs from his favorite artists (Dio, Iron Maiden) in a very dramatic way. "Aces High" doesn't sound quite the same. :p Just a few weeks ago, I did AC/DC's "TNT" for the kids. It was pretty bad.

All I can say is...he started it.
28.gif

In keeping with the thread theme, here's me during Snowmageddon 2011 (and I'm smiling!):

168967_10150093970613967_580573966_6220032_1294301_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.