• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Praying - Is it necessary?

kadzbiz

I'm sorry - "his" was referring to the win praying, not God. Can one be humble without prayer? Sure. Is prayer a useful method of learning humility? You bet. Again, we aren't "showing" God anything - we are training ourselves.

Win praying? Are you not getting enough sleep Nutshell? :)

kadzbiz

:DI'm a disaster!!! "Him" refers to the one praying.)((hope i got it right this time)

I understood the first time, but just wanted to stir you up. :) Okay, I might have to change my opinion of my OP. For those of you who are devout, praying does appear, to you at least, to have a lot of purposeful meaning. Like I said before, if it makes for you a better life, then I'm happy for you.

Mr. Peanut

HI!

Has anyone read the story of George Mueller, who founded those big orphanages in England? His students went on to be missionaries and to distribute tracts and took the Gospel to many. From the time he began, he never asked for money or anything, he only prayed. It is quite a fascinating read.

Cheers!

Aure

MUSHA
God loves you.!

People pray to achnowlage God, to just pray to GOd, to cure a cancer, to pray for God, to manipulate God, to love God, to show God, to love GOd, to hate God, to know God, to show him, to hold God. Me I pray to God because he listens to me and give to good advice, he does have mercy towards me but does prepose a truse. He hates me because I do bad things, like jerk off, or look at prono. You dont know God, but some people dont and do. He is here but is a girl aswell, he Loves he hates, he knows, he does. He cannot do, but he does, he loves he cares, he shows, hes there, he cares, he does, he knows, hes there. He loves, do you think the one who created fellings cannot feel? he DOES! End of post

kadzbiz

God loves you.!.......

Don't beat yourself up so much. As long as you don't do things that negatively impact on anyone or anything else, it can't be too bad. As long as you believe that jerking off is bad, you'll always feel guilty for it. Remember, it's not what you think, it is how you act that makes you who you are.

Praying. I consider it to be a total waste of time and I'll tell you why. In my opinion, people pray because they can't or won't actaully do something to make the necessary change they long for. They feel that they can't contribute physically or financially to alleviate a problem, so they just pray. People pray also because they want to be seen praying. Prayers focus on the negative aspect of the request ie. "please God heal Johnny's cancer" but that just focuses on Johnny's cancer and the "Law of Attraction" simply continues to manifest Johnny's cancer. The whole concept of praying should be altered to be positive. The belief in God is irrelevant to the concept. One just needs to be grateful of the things in life, so simply thanking God would suffice. To have Johnny's cancer cured, Johnny himself and all those involved in his life need to not focus on the cancer, but focus on him being healthy and happy. Not just focus on it, but really believe that Johnny is well. The universe (God) will create what we focus on.

Okay, so I've not posted for a while and I had a few minutes to read and post today. I thought I'd create a contraversial thread. What's your thought on praying?

Praying is completely pointless, as it has never worked for anyone. The times it has "worked", it was due to the Placebo Effect. And i agree that only people who's life is currently messed up, and there is nothing they can do, they turn to ask an "idol" for good things to happen to them via praying and or other means.