• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump did in fact offer 10,000 National Guard troops to secure the U.S. Capitol, which was turned down.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I don't buy the conspiracy that the Left actually orchestrated Jan 6, it was a riot by frustrated Trump supporters after 4 years of the Russian collusion hoax.....but I think that the politicians on Capitol Hill relished it and have exploited it as much as they could.
I agree. Which makes their outrage less than believable.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I don't buy the conspiracy that the Left actually orchestrated Jan 6, it was a riot by frustrated Trump supporters after 4 years of the Russian collusion hoax.....but I think that the politicians on Capitol Hill relished it and have exploited it as much as they could.
Yes, I'm sure they simply relished being trapped in a room with an insane mob trying to break the door down, fleeing for their lives and going into hiding underground. Such fun times! In the video footage they look like they're having a jolly old time. :rolleyes:

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Why would anyone relish such a thing, especially the people whom were targeted by the rioters? Isn't this just another attempt to shift the blame--this time to the victims?

Kathryn

Now they are rioters. A huge mob of them who trapped some politicians in a room, politicians who fled for their lives and went into hiding and never exploited anything.

Kathryn

Well, as far as I know, there weren't that many of them, but then, I don't know everything about it all because I really don't care to watch it.

Shaul

Premium Member
Wrong.

You do not know what you're talking about and choose to ignore information that's been spoon fed to you. Repeatedly. Trump had the power to order both the National Guard and the police and chose not to. There is no refuting that, it. is. fact. He sat on his arse and revelled in the violence.

Pence — not Trump — asked Guard troops to help defend Capitol on Jan. 6
Military Times.com

"'President Trump gave no order to deploy the National Guard that day. And he made no effort to work with the Department of Justice to coordinate and deploy law enforcement assets.'​
The statements were backed up with testimony from Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Mark Milley, who said that Pence told Pentagon leaders to 'get the Guard down here, put down this situation.'”​

Timeline of National Guard Deployment to Capitol
Fact Check.org

"it was Vice President Mike Pence, not Trump, who approved deployment of the D.C. National Guard that afternoon. ... 'Trump initially rebuffed and resisted requests to mobilize the National Guard' and that the 'mobilization was initiated with the help of Pat A. Cipollone, the White House counsel, among other officials.'"​
I quote the times and facts from the January 6th Special Committee's own report. I think the know better than "Fact Check.org". :rolleyes: Do you think the January 6th Special Committee doesn't know what they are talking about?

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
I quote the times and facts from the January 6th Special Committee's own report. I think the know better than "Fact Check.org". :rolleyes: Do you think the January 6th Special Committee doesn't know what they are talking about?
I know you do not know what you're talking about.

Continuing to cherry pick half details while ignoring the full J6 committee conclusions and ignoring laws only reaffirms your lack of, and no doubt unwillingness to accept, fact. Case in point, those links I gave provide info directly from the J6 committee and proves you wrong. Again.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Congress controls the security for the Capitol grounds, not the mayor of Washington D.C. A President has no authority to send National Guard troops onto it without the permission of Congress, and more specifically the Speaker of the House. President Trump offered the use of the National Guard to both then Speaker Pelosi and the Mayor Bowser who both refused the offer. President Trump had the National Guard troops standing by. They were never requested by Pelosi nor Bowser. The Germaine point is that the J6 Committee withheld the evidence that the National Guard troops were offered by President Trump.
So you are saying everyone should have feared Trump's supporters to a degree that the National Guard was needed? I guess you are right, we can't trust Trump supporters.

F1fan

Veteran Member
It's not surprising that conservatives have a distorted view of what happened.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Now they are rioters. A huge mob of them who trapped some politicians in a room, politicians who fled for their lives and went into hiding and never exploited anything.
Being rioter does not mean that one ran an insurrection and vice versa. You may not have noticed, but they took over a good part of the Capitol building. The Senators and Members of the House had to go into hiding. It was not until they pushed it too far and a member of an armed mob was killed in defense of those lawmakers that the idiots invading the Capitol realize how real that it was.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I would not say conservative. The conservative Republicans pretty much left the party. In fact they were forced out. Trump's policies were not conservative. They were often fascist or supported various capitalists. But I did not see a lot of conservatism there.
What's interesting is that of the political podcasts I listen to the vast majority of my favortites are conservatives. I'm a liberal, but I find their analysis of current politics really insightful. They offer a view as conservatives and how MAGA have really devolved the republican party. They have a tone that really is sincere and makes me wish these were the norm.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
What's interesting is that of the political podcasts I listen to the vast majority of my favortites are conservatives. I'm a liberal, but I find their analysis of current politics really insightful. They offer a view as conservatives and how MAGA have really devolved the republican party. They have a tone that really is sincere and makes me wish these were the norm.
These conservatives should brush up on their exorcism skills and exorcise the spirit of hatred and delusion from those whose minds have been possessed and raptured away by it.

Kathryn

Being rioter does not mean that one ran an insurrection and vice versa. You may not have noticed, but they took over a good part of the Capitol building. The Senators and Members of the House had to go into hiding. It was not until they pushed it too far and a member of an armed mob was killed in defense of those lawmakers that the idiots invading the Capitol realize how real that it was.
OK whatever you say. It is not a big deal to me one way or the other.

Shaul

Premium Member

Continuing to cherry pick half details while ignoring the full J6 committee conclusions and ignoring laws only reaffirms your lack of, and no doubt unwillingness to accept, fact. Case in point, those links I gave provide info directly from the J6 committee and proves you wrong. Again.
A sure sign you have nothing valid when you sink to ad hominem attack.

Shaul

Premium Member
I'm growing increasingly annoyed by the misused of this fallacy.

There is not a single ad hominem in that post.
@Calisto wrote about me,

"Ad Hominem​

(Attacking the person): This fallacy occurs when, instead of addressing someone's argument or position, you irrelevantly attack the person or some aspect of the person who is making the argument." ( Ad Hominem )

@Calisto was wrong in making an ad hominem attack and you are wrong for not recognizing one and defending his fallacy.