• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pro Homosexual Evidence.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Here I go once more.

If you are pro homosexual, can you please post links/articles which support homosexuality as being normal/natural in humans and that there is nothing wrong with it unlike the beliefs of religions like Islam, Christianity etc.
Without bothering with any science, I believe support can be deduced through simple reasoning.

Assertion. Being homosexual is as normal/natural as being left handed.

Reasoning. Only three reasons exist for behavior: natural, chosen, or coerced. Because neither left handedness and homosexuality are chosen or coerced dispositions the default cause must be natural.

Last edited:

Me Myself

Back to my username
^Deleted Post^

Please try to pay more attention to what thread you are answering to:

I'm not going to debate, I just want sources and evidence in support of homosexuality. If I decide to debate, I will open a new thread and do it there. (Same goes for everyone else, this thread is not for debating, any such posts will be reported, respect the OP please)

Last edited by a moderator:

Trey of Diamonds

^Deleted Post^

Very charismatic but his argument is that the progression of civilization is evil. He specifically states that if a community or nation changes its laws to reflect new ideas, then they are against God and inherently evil. He is calling for a halt to any and all progression in favor if stagnation and strife. Just because he does so in a jovial manner doesn't make him any less wrong.

Zoe Doidge

Basically a Goddess
^Deleted Post^

Regardless of whether you accept evolution or not that video does nicely make the point that we don't do things or accept things just because other species do. Therefore whether homosexuality is natural or not is irrelevant in this context.

I don't think anyone would contest the premise that homosexuals exist (or if they did, then they have nothing to support or object to).

The only question is how to handle it as a society. Someone who objected should therefore be looking for evidence that homosexuals harm people not involved in the relationship, or that it does some harm to society as a whole.

But although supporters can try to refute their arguments it’s really not something you could argue the positives of. It’s like building a sandcastle on a beach. Society allows you to do it because although it doesn’t really accomplish anything or provide any benefit to anyone other than those involved there’s really no reason to forbid it. In fact to do so would be considered quite oppressive.

This is the problem with asking for articles that support homosexuality. No matter the topic, people should be allowed to choose their actions for themselves, up to the point where they’re harming others. Any argument has to start with a reason to forbid an action, rather than a reason to permit it.

Alceste

Vagabond
I don't know that even religion is entirely chosen. I observe (with my limited & biased abilities) that many of the faithful have a very entrenched
way of interpreting the world...one very different from my entrenched way. Perhaps we're born with these orientations, eh? Or perhaps our brains
& way of thinking develop this way (depending upon family, school & culture) to create a hardwired approach. But if one has a hardwired predisposition
to faith, tis only the specific faith adopted which is unnatural.

On the other hand, deconditioning of rescued cult members is effective, while sexual orientation does not respond to "treatment".

Skwim

Veteran Member
Here's a FAQ page from the American Psychological Association on sexual orientation:
Sexual orientation, homosexuality and bisexuality
Excellent link. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.
icon14.gif

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Interesting post I just got on FB.

Alan Turing's logic engines were the precursor of modern computers we use today. His essays outlined haw a computer would work.
In 1954, homosexuality was illegal. Turing was given a choice between imprisonment or undergo hormonal treatment. He committed suicide.

LGBT History*The Pride Network

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
What about scientific research and study to prove that there is a gay gene and that it is normal and not something which develops latter in life?

The 'gay gene'! Slooowly I turned... step by step... inch by inch...

No one in any field of study accepts the idea of A gay gene, nor is anyone searching for A gay gene. That's an internet and media meme. A combination or sequence of genes probably contributes to sexuality... all sexuality. Consider that sexuality is not either hetero- or homo-. There are lots of in-betweens.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
One question regarding homosexuality,

Let us say that gays are born with such character to have tend toward men,
but the question what makes men to accept a relation with gays ,do real
men also have a tend toward gays.

Aquitaine

Interesting post I just got on FB.

Alan Turing's logic engines were the precursor of modern computers we use today. His essays outlined haw a computer would work.
In 1954, homosexuality was illegal. Turing was given a choice between imprisonment or undergo hormonal treatment. He committed suicide.

LGBT History*The Pride Network

Oh I yeah, that rings a Bell. I'm pretty sure that was the British dude who made huge "valves" and synchronized them to function as the World's first ever Computer. Unfortunately as we all know, he committed suicide because he was gay EDIT: in a Homophobic world.

Just goes to show how Religion can truely stifle scientific progression if it wants to.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass

Let us say that gays are born with such character to have tend toward men,but the question what makes men to accept a relation with gays ,do real men also have a tend toward gays.
Homosexuals aren't "real men?" :facepalm:

Alceste

Vagabond
My "evidence" is that my gay family and friends are just as deserving of love and happiness as I am, and I am no better than they are. Their relationships seem no different from my relationships.

I don't need to justify my support for their fight for equality because it is based on compassion and love for my fellow human beings, and an ethical conviction that bigotry is a terrible foundation for public policy.

On the other hand, there is evidence that it is natural, not a choice and has existed in human societies across the globe since the beginning of recorded history. I don't base my support for equal rights on any of it. I would love my gay friends and support their rights even if they'd chosen it and it was some kind of recent fad.

Aquitaine

Let us say that gays are born with such character to have tend toward men,

but the question what makes men to accept a relation with gays ,do real
men also have a tend toward gays.

I would say that based off one's preferences and opinions, both Male and Females can be seen as attractive, just in defference variations. In the case of most Hetero-sexual Males, I would say that they may at times may find other Males attractive, however that is simply out-weighed by their attraction to Females.
(BEWBIES!!!!!!!)

Aquitaine

My "evidence" is that my gay family and friends are just as deserving of love and happiness as I am, and I am no better than they are. Their relationships seem no different from my relationships.

I don't need to justify my support for their fight for equality because it is based on compassion and love for my fellow human beings, and an ethical conviction that bigotry is a terrible foundation for public policy.

On the other hand, there is evidence that it is natural, not a choice and has existed in human societies across the globe since the beginning of recorded history. I don't base my support for equal rights on any of it. I would love my gay friends and support their rights even if they'd chosen it and it was some kind of recent fad.

Hear-hear! :clap