• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PROBABILITY OR POSSIBILITY OR JUST IMPOSSSIBLE

Enki2

.wHAT IS A MATHEMATICAL IMPOSSIBILITY OF EVOLUTION.
The sole mechanism of evolution is random changes of mutation, along with natural selection. Natural selection acts as a sieve, which gets rid of those mutations that it does not like. The problem with natural selection is that when nature run the changes through it, see the good mutations are not always kept or reused. Since changes in an ordered system will always change or decrease the amount of current order, then this continually shows that mutations are harmful to the organism. Since most are discarded.
For a good mutation to progress from a parent to an offspring and then to the next generation is statistically impossible. That is just say that a good mutation or a bad mutation has a 50-50 chance of passing on to the next generation say for 200 times So mathematically we can look at this as a 50-50 chance.
So mathematically that would be (1/2) 200th, or one chance out of 10 to the 60th power.
So for those who was have the numbers written out, that would be one chance in a trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion,; Or to make it more simple 1 , followed by 60 zeros. Quite a number to have good mutations to continue out.
So there had to be an intelligent creator to make everything work fully as it is designed to do. Which came first on the woodpecker. The claws to hold it on the tree,It would've starved because it can penetrate the wood, Or the neck muscles and the bill to penetrate the tree without the claws, It would've fell off and got eaten by something. Everything has to be there for it to survive cannot be a good mutation or bad mutations, but must be fully formed. The CREATOR is great

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
PROBABILITY OR POSSIBILITY OR JUST IMPOSSSIBLE?

I would go with nearly impossible that evolution occurred without conscious intelligent guidance. For this and other reasons I think Nature has intelligent beings that worked for the creation of higher life forms. These beings are far beyond us in intelligence but not omniscient either. They did learn also through trial and error.

Parsimony

For a good mutation to progress from a parent to an offspring and then to the next generation is statistically impossible. That is just say that a good mutation or a bad mutation has a 50-50 chance of passing on to the next generation say for 200 times So mathematically we can look at this as a 50-50 chance.
So mathematically that would be (1/2) 200th, or one chance out of 10 to the 60th power.
Please show how you arrived at the assumption that a given mutation has a 50% chance of making it through 200 generations. For an allele created by a beneficial mutation, that is not even remotely accurate. A beneficial allele has better odds of making it to the next generation than its less-beneficial competitors. The more prevalent the allele becomes in a population, the more likely it will make it to the next generation. Once it becomes fixed, it will be almost impossible to eliminate unless a better allele shows up or some changing environmental factors make it unfavorable.

Last edited:

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
So for those who was have the numbers written out, that would be one chance in a trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion,; Or to make it more simple 1 , followed by 60 zeros. Quite a number to have good mutations to continue out.
No. It's just not right. Oversimplification is always an easy way of messing up the foundation, and then using statistics improperly on top of it just creates a larger error.

I don't have to say more.

To highlight just 2 of your most glaring errors:

Animals have multiple offspring, who have multiple offspring, who have multiple offspring, who have multiple offspring...

Also you are looking at probabilities based on a specific mutation, rather than any 1 of countless mutations. Think the odds of you winning the lottery versus the odds of somebody winning the lottery.

That 1 in '1 with 60 zeroes' probability just got a whole lot smaller...

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
The sole mechanism of evolution is random changes of mutation, along with natural selection. Natural selection acts as a sieve, which gets rid of those mutations that it does not like. The problem with natural selection is that when nature run the changes through it, see the good mutations are not always kept or reused. Since changes in an ordered system will always change or decrease the amount of current order, then this continually shows that mutations are harmful to the organism. Since most are discarded.
So there had to be an intelligent creator to make everything work fully as it is designed to do. Which came first on the woodpecker. The claws to hold it on the tree,It would've starved because it can penetrate the wood, Or the neck muscles and the bill to penetrate the tree without the claws, It would've fell off and got eaten by something. Everything has to be there for it to survive cannot be a good mutation or bad mutations, but must be fully formed. The CREATOR is great
That evolution is a scientific fact? Close to 100% in terms of possibility. I would say 9.999 repeating %

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
For a good mutation to progress from a parent to an offspring and then to the next generation is statistically impossible.
Are you a Christian?
I ask because I don't want to blame ignorant Christian teachings when it is not appropriate to do so.
Tom

Skwim

Veteran Member
What creator?????????????
I think he means this one.

Goofball.gif

KnobofBel

Fallacy.

Pseudoscientific position with ZERO evidence in support.
Intelligence has been defined in many different ways such as in terms of one's capacity for logic, abstract thought, understanding, self-awareness, communication, learning, emotional knowledge, memory, planning, creativity and problem solving. It can also be more generally described as the ability to perceive and/or retain knowledge or information and apply it to itself or other instances of knowledge or information creating referable understanding models of any size, density, or complexity, due to any conscious or subconscious imposed will or instruction to do so.

outhouse

Atheistically
Because evolution exists the impossibility is zero.

Yep. Evolution is fact as fact can be. Its a theory that will always be here from here on out.

And to date, nothing explains life with he 100% accuracy that evolution does.

It is not a mythological guess, that for sure with no evidence at all in support.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
PROBABILITY OR POSSIBILITY OR JUST IMPOSSSIBLE?

I would go with nearly impossible that evolution occurred without conscious intelligent guidance. For this and other reasons I think Nature has intelligent beings that worked for the creation of higher life forms. These beings are far beyond us in intelligence but not omniscient either. They did learn also through trial and error.
To this top-notch post I would like to add that abiogenesis seems like even a longer shot than evolution to have created a system with complex DNA, etc..

But, by this time we know it is not solvable by debate.

Last edited:

McBell

Admiral Obvious
To this top-notch post I would like to add that abiogenesis seems like even a longer shot than evolution to have created a system wiith complex DNA, etc..

But, by this time we know it is not solvable by debate.
incredulity is not an argument.

And though it is technically a stance, it is not a stance worth mentioning.
Why?
Because such a stance does not help ones credibility.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
Actually, I do have something more to say. The chances of you exists is infinitesimal small considering that your mom and dad meeting and having... well... you know... and then 9 months later giving birth to you. Imagine, 1 out of 6.5 billion people meeting 1 out of 6.5 billion people. That's 6.5 billion squared impossible. Well, that's near close to infinitely small, so that means it's zero chance that you exist. Which means... YOU DON'T EXIST!!!

The CREATOR is great
Since we can agree statistically that you don't exist because, but I do exist, it means that I am the creator.

And I AM GREAT! (Thank you very much.)

--edit

Oh, sorry, and one more thing. Since we've established that you don't exist, we can also conclude that you have nothing to say. (Now I'm done... I think.)

Last edited: