• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Professor shows Georgia Judge how to hack voting machines.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Hand counts are just as vulnerable to conspiracies
& bogus accusations. But I've been thinking that
the Electoral College poses a huge risk for such
shenanigans. Good reason to ditch it so that no
single state holds power to control the presidency.
At least every step is visible and out in the open. Just that boosts public confidence.
I'd expect counts to be done by counters from both major parties, and kept available for inspection and recount, of course.

As for the electoral college, I think it causes more problems than it solves.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
At least every step is visible and out in the open. Just that boosts public confidence.
One of the local conspiracies is that boxes of votes
were either stolen or replaced with fake ones.
Such claims needn't be validated to be accepted
by conspiracy theorists who want to believe.

Electronic voting would be easier to satisfy
people if the system allowed each voter to
audit their own vote....similar to PayPal records.
But the conspiracies will continue no matter what.

The only way I can think of to eliminate conspiracy
theories won't work....let every paper ballot be
an image viewable by all.

Edit....
The local conspiracy about voter fraud is
promulgated by someone I know. He said
he saw it happened. I asked him if he reported
it so it could be investigated. He said that he
didn't because he worried that they'd retaliate
against him. He wouldn't say how, but he
was very afraid of "those people".

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
You would think there would be a call for more reliable machines and or counting system. There's already been a lot of apprehension over electronic voting machines voiced that are just too vulnerable , and I suspect we know why now these machines are still being used, and not an older more reliable system.

It's because politicians want the vulnerabilities so they can game the system.
These machines, which are checked and rechecked regularly, are considered more accurate than hand counting. William Barr, Trumps AG, said there was no evidence of any significant voter fraud. But Trump, of course, is more into himself than in honesty and/or reality.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
These machines, which are checked and rechecked regularly, are considered more accurate than hand counting. William Barr, Trumps AG, said there was no evidence of any significant voter fraud. But Trump, of course, is more into himself than in honesty and/or reality.
With vulnerabilities like that. No.

The machine is completely compromised now and shouldn't be used in this year's election.

F1fan

Veteran Member

The machine is completely compromised now and shouldn't be used in this year's election.
If you are correct then elections officials will find a solution. No voting machine company wants to make a product that fails. So there could be a hardware fix, software fix, user fix, or all of these, and they will get it done.

I wonder how upset you would be if there was hacking of machines for Trump. Looking at trends and history it’s conservatives that pose the greatest threat to our elections.

Twilight Hue

If you are correct then elections officials will find a solution. No voting machine company wants to make a product that fails. So there could be a hardware fix, software fix, user fix, or all of these, and they will get it done.

I wonder how upset you would be if there was hacking of machines for Trump. Looking at trends and history it’s conservatives that pose the greatest threat to our elections.
That's only your opinion. A number of people regardless of political affiliation can and does cheat every election cycle.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
A number of people regardless of political affiliation can and does cheat every election cycle.
I agree.
So now that we have established that it can not be stopped, all measures available need to be implemented to minimize it as best we can.

Now, how much of the cheating in the last 5 elections was done through the voting machines used?

Twilight Hue

I agree.
So now that we have established that it can not be stopped, all measures available need to be implemented to minimize it as best we can.

Now, how much of the cheating in the last 5 elections was done through the voting machines used?
We are never going to know.

McBell

Yet here you are going on about the voting machines and cheating without knowing the numbers?
Seems a bit dishonest, don't you think?
To rally against voting machines being unreliable when you flat out admit you can not know that they are unreliable?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
That's only your opinion. A number of people regardless of political affiliation can and does cheat every election cycle.
That is true. And do you know how they are caught?
That I would say is fallacious. Do you remember the supposed expert that you found in a NY Post article? Even he seemed to think that it was impossible for a Presidential election. Cheating may work on small elections. But effective cheating is very labor intensive. And the more people involved in a conspiracy the more likely it is to fail.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist

For one, since when did you become such an expert on this? I've listened to some of those that are, and they say these machines are repeatedly checked.

Secondly, the reality is that you don't know what you're talking about.

Twilight Hue

For one, since when did you become such an expert on this? I've listened to some of those that are, and they say these machines are repeatedly checked.

Secondly, the reality is that you don't know what you're talking about.
Well that's telling that you're willing to have compromised machines. Typical of the left and not surprised at all to hear that silly crap.

McBell

Well that's telling that you're willing to have compromised machines.
What compromised machines are you talking about?
Not the ones used for elections.
Is this another made up on the spot claim that you will run from tail tucked?

Typical of the left and not surprised at all to hear that silly crap.
I would most certainly hope you are not surprised by your imaginary "left".

Twilight Hue

What compromised machines are you talking about?
Not the ones used for elections.
Is this another made up on the spot claim that you will run from tail tucked?

I would most certainly hope you are not surprised by your imaginary "left".
Are also you blind and deaf?

The machines were part of Georgia's voting infrastructure. Meaning they were used in past elections.

Try telling the truth for a change and recognizing facts.

You might actually like it over time of course.

McBell

Are also you blind and deaf?

The machines were part of Georgia's voting infrastructure. Meaning they were used in past elections.

Try telling the truth for a change and recognizing facts.

You might actually like it over time of course.
You really need to clean up your own back yard befoe whining about others:

Yet here you are going on about the voting machines and cheating without knowing the numbers?
Seems a bit dishonest, don't you think?
To rally against voting machines being unreliable when you flat out admit you can not know that they are unreliable?

Twilight Hue

You really need to clean up your own back yard befoe whining about others:
I'm pointing out the fact that these machines have been shown and proven to be compromised. That is what you are ignoring.

But people like you don't see that and don't want to see that. You just want to project what your thoughts are and habitually putting in your own words as if the other person said stuff that they haven't actually said or stated.

My backyard is very clean unlike yours.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I'm pointing out the fact that these machines have been shown and proven to be compromised. That is what you are ignoring.

But people like you don't see that and don't want to see that. You just want to project what your thoughts are and habitually putting in your own words as if the other person said stuff that they haven't actually said or stated.
And as I noted if they are known to have problems these will get fixed before they are used again, or different units bought. You seem stuck in a problem that can get solved, as if we can't solve it.

This just illustrates how conservatives want to complain for the sake of complaining and aren't interested in solving problems.
My backyard is very clean unlike yours.
So what machines does your "backyard" use that you are happy with?